Collapse

Made in Canada but designed by Walter Hagen

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in Canada but designed by Walter Hagen

15 years ago I picked up a persimmon wood golf club in a Thrift store here in St. Catharines for a couple of dollars. The depth of the face was allot. Did some measuring and it was over two inches. It looked like the shaft was original(True Temper) and the leather wrap grip appeared original. The name stamped on the sole plate was," Bludgeon". There was a number one stamped into the toe of sole of the club head. On the crown of the club head I could read," Bludgeon" but it was difficult to read. Above that was another stamping which was almost impossible to read but after some research I discovered it was ," Burke Thumm "

Page 41

Burke Thumm was a subsidiary of the L.A. Young Company in the United States . It manufactured golf clubs for ," Walter Hagen" in Toronto, Ontario.

Canada has engineered and designed golf clubs before. ProMade from Vancouver and Campbell of Canada in Toronto. Canada has also built Spalding & MacGregor golf clubs in Branford, Ontario .

Attached are a few pictures of the Walter Hagen designed and Canadian built......Bludgeon. Rumour has it that Walter Hagen designed the club for," Babe Ruth" who used to tour with Walter and play exhibition games of golf using the Bludgeon. . Also, I restored a Walter Hagen Model 109 driver for the Hamilton Golf & Country Club a few years back. It turned out well.

Blair Phillips
    St. Catharines
    Retired
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maxwell; Jan 7, 2024, 08:37 AM.
    " One Day At A Time"

Gotta love a club called Bludgeon !
    ๐Ÿ 2023 WITB ๐Ÿโ€‹
    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
    Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
    Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60Sโ€‹
    Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    โ€‹
    Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock gripโ€‹
    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

My first set of irons was a set of Campbellโ€™s my grandfather gifted me from his garage. Misfits rattled tooth fillings, I can tell ya.
      Ping G430 9*, Ping Tour Chrome 65g Reg flex
      Ping G430 Max 3w and 5w, 75g Ping Tour Chrome Reg flex
      Ping G430 Max 22* Hybrid 85g Ping tour Max Reg flex
      TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
      Ping Glide 54/12 and 58/08 wedges
      Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33โ€โ€‹

Comment

Blair , that is a very interesting link you provided in your post!

https://canadiangolfer.golfcanada.ca/files/original/c1ab39e81b2b41f4df1c7226404ff58

Hope all is well with you.
        โ€‹
        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...