/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Anyone played in the BGA Tour or GTA AM Tour?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone played in the BGA Tour or GTA AM Tour?

Anyone here played in either the GTA AM Tour or the BGA Tour? Planning to play in a few tournaments this year and wanted get feedback on either of these. From what I can gather, GTA AM Tour looks more competitive with events every week, and the BGA Tour seems to be more casual, sort of like a beer league. Anyone else have any other feedback/comparisons between the two? In terms of course quality, organization, enjoyment factor, etc.

Welcome to the BGA Tour! GTA's premier amateur golf league. Play in amateur golf tournaments at some of Ontario's best golf courses

I have played a few GTA AM events. None of the BGA. GTA am tour events are all at good to very good courses, extremely well organized and lots of competitive flights to play in. The groups I have played with have always been good guys to play with. Pace is reasonable - not "quick" but rarely slow. Events are most always during weekdays (if that is a problem). Id definitely recommend it.

Comment

This will be my 6th season on the GTA AM tour. I will echo the above sentiments that it is exceptionally well organized and managed and the staff that are part of the team are great.

It is very popular and most events fill up quickly ( some of the popular venues like Bigwin and Mad River already have) so don't delay if thinking about it. Spots do open up however so you might still get in even if it's full.

Course selection and availability was impacted by c19 demand so the Tour lost a few good venues but there remains a very solid rota of private and public tracks on the schedule.

feel free to dm me if you have any questions

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

First I've heard of BGA but did play the APT a few years ago and seems similar to the BGA but more reach and chapters as the APT is USA and Canada and the Toronto chapter overlaps with the Niagara Chapter so you can have a ton of events if you wish. Can also play any US events if you travel or vacation near a spot.

I'm thinking of joining the GTA AM this year I've wanted to for a while because of the courses played on and it seems extremely well run. I think my schedule is finally allowing for it vs past years where weekday golf would be unheard of.

I think end of the day with these 3 tours it depends on what you want, when you can play and where you play. Also don't forget about the Vegas Golf Series if you want a team based tour.
        Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
        3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
        3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
        Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
        Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
        Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
        TP5X 2024
        Ghost Katana

Comment

Hey Guys, founder of the BGA Tour here. Saw this post and thought it was pretty cool to see it posted in TGN! Our target is most definitely to be the beer league of golf, we do have great competition out there as well though. We ran with 4 flights last year and are finalizing everything for this year. Our signups launched yesterday and are still open at the early bird rate until Sunday. It’s obviously not all about drinking but we are trying to provide more of a fun environment for golfers of all level to get a taste of competition. We always welcome new members and recommend signing up with a friend so we can pair you together with 2 other golfers so you can meet new golf pals. If you want to reach out directly send us an email to info@bgatour.ca

Hope to see you on tour this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Dstrawbs View Post
            Hey Guys, founder of the BGA Tour here. Saw this post and thought it was pretty cool to see it posted in TGN! Our target is most definitely to be the beer league of golf, we do have great competition out there as well though. We ran with 4 flights last year and are finalizing everything for this year. Our signups launched yesterday and are still open at the early bird rate until Sunday. It’s obviously not all about drinking but we are trying to provide more of a fun environment for golfers of all level to get a taste of competition. We always welcome new members and recommend signing up with a friend so we can pair you together with 2 other golfers so you can meet new golf pals. If you want to reach out directly send us an email to info@bgatour.ca

Hope to see you on tour this year!
            Love your LOGO
            Click image for larger version  Name:	3181ADA3-03CB-4CA2-8398-EA8764F43374.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.7 KB ID:	3730193
            wish I had more time in the summer and could give it a whirl.

Good luck with the season.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I ended up signing up for the BGA since weekdays wouldn't work for me this summer with GTA AM. Looking forward to it Dstrawbs​!​​​

Comment

I signed up for the BGA Tour as well...hope to play as many events as possible since they are on Sundays...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X