Collapse

2024 Birdies

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post
    Got one at Swaneset's Resort course this past weekend; hole #16 - a par 3. Hit my 8 iron, then surprisingly sank the putt.
    Nice

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post

Nice
      Thanks - getting that ONE birdie literally made me feel better about my 109 round! lol. I have NO IDEA why, maybe it was due to lack of sleep, no warm up BEFORE the round, being "too excited for the round" since I only play once a month and we were getting 20+ sunny temps that day here in BC, etc....

BUT I was topping my drives like crazy.... it was pretty bad. As in, everything felt okay going back (on my backswing), but then before contact, I guess I was looking up a nano second too early, maybe I was standing up and trying to kill it, etc....

Anyhoo; it looked like I had never hit a driver in my life on maybe half my driver swings.... it was pretty embarrassing. Then of course every time I'm about to tee up my driver, topping it and hoping NOT to top it were all I kept thinking about...

Or, in the off chance that I did connect properly, it was a wicked slice or pull hook! :-(. I think I only hit ONE good drive that day....

But then when I got that birdie (16 holes later), all I thought to myself was, "and this is why we golf"... I then proceeded to top my driver on the 17th hole and felt humbled again - lol.

Also... am I the only one who's posted a 2024 birdie in CANADA just now....? If so, I guess then that 109 round wasn't in vain after all; hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post

Thanks - getting that ONE birdie literally made me feel better about my 109 round! lol. I have NO IDEA why, maybe it was due to lack of sleep, no warm up BEFORE the round, being "too excited for the round" since I only play once a month and we were getting 20+ sunny temps that day here in BC, etc....

BUT I was topping my drives like crazy.... it was pretty bad. As in, everything felt okay going back (on my backswing), but then before contact, I guess I was looking up a nano second too early, maybe I was standing up and trying to kill it, etc....

Anyhoo; it looked like I had never hit a driver in my life on maybe half my driver swings.... it was pretty embarrassing. Then of course every time I'm about to tee up my driver, topping it and hoping NOT to top it were all I kept thinking about...

Or, in the off chance that I did connect properly, it was a wicked slice or pull hook! :-(. I think I only hit ONE good drive that day....

But then when I got that birdie (16 holes later), all I thought to myself was, "and this is why we golf"... I then proceeded to top my driver on the 17th hole and felt humbled again - lol.

Also... am I the only one who's posted a 2024 birdie in CANADA just now....? If so, I guess then that 109 round wasn't in vain after all; hehe.
        Great report, made me chuckle .

Comment

This morning at Lake Forest Golf Club near Mobile Alabama.

Number 12

Driver, 3 wood short of the green.
          Chip to 5 feet and made the putt.
          Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

During my Orlando trip last week, 4 birds!
            • Disney's Palm: Par 3 12th (Mar. 29) - Playing 140 yards into the wind, 8 iron past the hole by about 12', slight left to right to the hole.
            • Disney's Magnolia: Par 3 6th (Mar. 28) - Playing 170 yards, over a drainage, choosing a light 5 iron yet still cleared the hole by a good 20', slight right to left putt for the bird!
            • Eagle Creek: Par 3 17th (Mar. 31 Round 1) - Playing 188 yards into the wind over the water, tee'd up my 3 HY, stuck it close to 10[', left to right putt for the bird.
            • Eagle Creek: Par 4 3rd (Mar. 31 Round 2) - 360 yards into a slight breeze, drive pulled to the left leaving me 130 yards to the front pin position, choked down 8 iron to 8' right of the pin, slight right to left putt for my last bird of the week.
            Good times!!

- Ian
            TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
            TM BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S)

TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
            TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
            TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
            TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
            * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
            TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
            TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
            TM TP5 Golf Ball
            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
            Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Two this morning at Plantation G&CC Panther 4th and 7th

Comment

Three this morning at Plantation G&CC Bobcat #3, 13 and 17

Comment

Today, 1 bird at Cambridge Golf and Country Club (On a ******* of a Par 3 that i rarely par let alone getting the bird!):
                  • Par 3 15th: Playing 188 yards into the wind today, hit my 3H to the right front side of the turtleback green leaving me about 40' to the hole. Left to right uphill putt curved perfectly into the heart.
                  Good times!

- Ian

TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                  TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                  TM TP5 Golf Ball
                  Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                  SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

2 birds today at Brookfield in Cambridge:
                    • Par 4 8th (Blue): Playing 313 yards today, I hit a beauty down the right side of the fairway about 270 yards w/the wind, I hit my 54 degree wedge for the remaining 40 yards to the right side of the green and it rolled softly to about 4" for the tap in bird.
                    • Par 3 4th (Red): Playing about 128 yards into the wind, decided to tee-up/choke down on my 8 iron and hit an 'okay' shot to the right side of the green leaving me about 25', right to left putt with just the right amount of pace for my second bird.

Good times!

- Ian

TM TP5 Golf Ball
                    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Royal Ontario #7

I forget my tee shot, wasn't great but was in the fairway and had to carry water and a bunker, had 8-9i in just took an easy 8i to clear danger, perfect line to 4ft, easy left to right putt dropped left edge of the cup.
                      Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
                      3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
                      3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
                      Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
                      Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
                      Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
                      TP5X 2024
                      Ghost Katana

Comment

1 today at Winchester hole 15 a par 4 .

Comment

1st round of the year, 1st birdie of the year.

#12 at Copetown Woods

Good drive up the hill from the blues,55 yard lock down 56* wedge to 5 feet then rolled it center cup.
                          Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                          TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                          TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                          TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                          TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                          Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                          5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                          Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                          Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                          Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Today, at Puslinch Lake in Cambridge - 3 birds!!
                            • Par 4 1st: Playing 300 yards into a stiff breeze, 3HY to about 190 yards, 9 iron to about 8' to the right of the pin, solid right to lefter for bird number 1.
                            • Par 4 10th: A neat short par 4 that only plays 245, again into the wind, decided to use driver (usually this is a 3 wood max), hit it decently right of the green, chipped with my 54 degree to within 7', fairly straight putt for number 2.
                            • Par 3 17th: Playing 140 yards to the back pin position, decided on a hard 7 iron once again into a fairly stiff wind, ball settled about 8' to the left of the pin, slight left to right putt for the final bird.
                            Good times!

- Ian

TM TP5 Golf Ball
                            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Golf is such a funny and fickle game... My last round a month ago, I scored a 109 and the only redeeming shots were my irons. Played yesterday, had no golf or scoring expectations other than just being glad to get out with family and friends and needing a break from school + job + life, etc., got a warm up in before the round this time at the course's hitting nets (GreenTee Country Club aka "Pagoda Ridge" by Fort Langley BC area), and low and behold, scored an 87 and also got TWO birdies:

Hole #16, a par 4, 404 yards: Driver (220 ish yds) --> 5 iron (180 ish yds) --> 1 putt.

Hole #18, a really short par 4, 223 yards: sliced my 3 Hybrid (160 ish yds) --> pitched my Sand Wedge (60 ish yds) --> 1 putt

Comment

One Sunday at Innerkip (first of the year):

Hole 7 - Par 4 - 350 yards
                                Driver to 110 yards, 50° wedge to 20 feet and made the putt

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X