Collapse

Played from "RED" Tees and Absolutely LOVED IT

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veryold View Post
    Yes, i enjoyed my first red tees try yesterday, and really played well, but as i posted earlier, red tees are mostly for "Old People" and @ 78, don't feel i'm there yet
    Cheers !
    You go tell my wife that the front tee is for old people . . . you might not be alive long.

She just started playing 7/8 years ago . . . that is where she should play and have fun. Serge, you might not see 2025 . . .
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

ok then, let's keep my indiscretion between us, please ​​​​​

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

You go tell my wife that the front tee is for old people . . . you might not be alive long.

She just started playing 7/8 years ago . . . that is where she should play and have fun. Serge, you might not see 2025 . . .

Comment

I play mostly in the middle tees at our place but will play all six over the course of the season. I expect scores to go up or down a few from each as they should. Moving to the forward tees is great fun. I recommend everybody try it including the new member rocket launchers that join every year. You're playing a different course, can play different strategies, have way more risk/rewards shots available. I walked onto the 1st tee near the end of the season a couple of years ago and the guy on the tee is a plus hcp and and can play any tees anywhere. Surprisingly he says "I'm playing the reds today" and I said sure as did the third that joined us. He said he does it a few times a year to work on his short game. The other two of us weren't working on anything but we all had fun.

So go ahead. Leave your man card in the car and give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
          Yes, i enjoyed my first red tees try yesterday, and really played well, but as i posted earlier, red tees are mostly for "Old People" and @ 78, don't feel i'm there yet
          Cheers !
          That's what the 80 year old's' in our group say.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this a while back, but Bryson Dechambeau highly recommends this:

In today's edition of Play Smart, Bryson DeChambeau, fresh off a 58, explains the "best thing" you can do to learn how to go low.

There have been many YouTube golfers trying to break 50 recently - all paying from the reds in a best ball format...its definitely fun to try and mix things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Why don't you just play from the RED . . . you say that is where you have the most fun . . . then that is where you should play from. We added a set of tees 2 years ago . . . Yellow (back) and blue, now we added red and I am having problems getting people to play from there (the one that should). My wife plays from the red so sometime I also play from the red. Irons only, good practice and fun but I always have fun on the course . . .
              Maybe use a sign that says if you cant hit your driver play these red trees. Maybe the tee colour should be grey too :-)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
              X