Favourite TV Shows

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite TV Shows

Originally posted by golferboy View Post
    Best show on TV right now. Last episode was amazing.
    I really wanted to like the show, but I can't stand Jon Voight (in that character)
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by MannyR View Post
      Agreed.

Pretty good show is The Bridge on FX.
      which version...USA - Mexico or Sweden - Denmark (which isthe original)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
        I really wanted to like the show, but I can't stand Jon Voight (in that character)
        Disagree...Jon Voight is amazing as Mickey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
          which version...USA - Mexico or Sweden - Denmark (which isthe original)
          US-Mexico version.

Comment

Just finished 2nd season of Utopia - it's fantastic:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811

Comment

Originally posted by MannyR View Post
              US-Mexico version.
              I liked that one as well, more than the original which is not bad either. Its on netflix.

Been watching Wallander as well. Another good drama

Comment

I'll give you my all time favourites growing up.

Cheers
                WKRP in Cinncinnati
                Frasier
                Mash
                Married with Children
                On the Buses

You think I like Comedies.

Now, I don't watch a lot of today shows, mostly sports event.

But I like some shows that have came out in recent years.

the Big Bang Theory
                Criminal Minds
                Chicago Fire.

Comment

Started watching THE KILLING over the holidays and just finished up the 4th and final season tonight. It's a bit Twin Peaks like ibut not weird like TP was. Based in Seattle, similar mood and cinematography

A dark show with great mood and filming I found it totally consuming.
                  Seasons 1 and 2 are outstanding.
                  Season 3 is excellent. Season 4 is not nearly as strong but you'll find yourself so connected to the lead character(s) that it is still enjoyable.

IMO, ranks up there with the likes of Breaking Bad and Homeland in terms of a great lead role and quality show, especially s01 and 02
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Finally started watching "The Job" (circa 2001) with Dennis Leary (and lot of the cast from "Rescue Me") ...love it
                    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                      Started watching THE KILLING over the holidays and just finished up the 4th and final season tonight. It's a bit Twin Peaks like ibut not weird like TP was. Based in Seattle, similar mood and cinematography

A dark show with great mood and filming I found it totally consuming.
                      Seasons 1 and 2 are outstanding.
                      Season 3 is excellent. Season 4 is not nearly as strong but you'll find yourself so connected to the lead character(s) that it is still enjoyable.

IMO, ranks up there with the likes of Breaking Bad and Homeland in terms of a great lead role and quality show, especially s01 and 02
                      I have to agree with all your comments on The Killing. Great show! I was not as impressed eith Breaking Bad. Had I not had the connections I do with the story I might have given up on it. BB can be very slow at points. The Wire is top tier and dont think I could get tired rewatching it. The same people that brought us The Wire gave us a mini series Generation Kill which I found incredible. They broach the subject of the Iraq war without all the contraversy.

Currently on favs include The Good Wife, Madam Secretary which is odd for me since I try to aviod political shows, Chicago Fire. South Park is still a winner unless its a Terance and Phillips or goth kids episode.
                      I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

watched a couple of episodes of Fargo on the plane yesterday. good show
                        What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                        TM Rescue 17*
                        TM M2 4-AW
                        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                        Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by petvan View Post
                          new one.. Vikings.. well, not that new, but last couple years.. pretty fun.
                          Just watched the first two seasons this past week. Pretty badass. Interesting insight to the Nordic time period as well. Looking forward to season 3 next month. Ragnar Lothbrok is a boss!

Comment

I just finished watching Season 1 of "The Americans". Best TV series I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend it.

Season 1 is available on Shomi (the Rogers/Shaw service that is free for some until March). Season 2 is supposed to be available on Shomi, but hasn't been loaded yet. And Season 3 premieres on FX Canada at the end of January.

Everything you would want in a great TV series: interesting storylines, great acting, character development, action, sex, violence, etc....

Last edited by multimut; Jan 15, 2015, 10:01 AM. Reason: fixed wiki link

Comment

Originally posted by multimut View Post
                              I just finished watching Season 1 of "The Americans". Best TV series I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend it.

Season 1 is available on Shomi (the Rogers/Shaw service that is free for some until March). Season 2 is supposed to be available on Shomi, but hasn't been loaded yet. And Season 3 premieres on FX Canada at the end of January.

Everything you would want in a great TV series: interesting storylines, great acting, character development, action, sex, violence, etc....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ame...013_TV_series)
                              Agreed. The Americans season 1 was amazing, have not seen season two yet.

Comment

Banshee is back with Season 3. I remain doubtful it will ever hit the peak (for me) of Season 1, but glad it is still going.
                                Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                                Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                                Nike 23 degree hybrid
                                Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                                Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                                Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse