Collapse

Weather

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Weather

My BIL in downtown Brampton was still without power last we heard (called a couple hours ago). Won't be making here for Xmas as he's worried one of the trees in his backyard might fall on the house.

Postponing family dinner till next week and we'll have it at my place. Gonna be a cold one for some tonight unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by hackpro View Post
      My BIL in downtown Brampton was still without power last we heard (called a couple hours ago). Won't be making here for Xmas as he's worried one of the trees in his backyard might fall on the house.

Postponing family dinner till next week and we'll have it at my place. Gonna be a cold one for some tonight unfortunately.
      So he's gonna stand outside and hold it up?

Comment

Originally posted by borgore23 View Post
        So he's gonna stand outside and hold it up?
        Yup, that's exactly what he's gonna do.

Comment

Originally posted by hackpro View Post
          Yup, that's exactly what he's gonna do.
          Like a boss.

Comment

Best case 2 more days for us could be 5. Main feed for the street still on the ground then some of us need new feeds to the house after that. Single house connections not going to get hi priority.

Comment

Just saw a guy on the news who can't understand why his apt building doesn't have power. He can't see any trees laying on his road or any hydro trucks so he should have power.

Sigh....

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
                Just saw a guy on the news who can't understand why his apt building doesn't have power. He can't see any trees laying on his road or any hydro trucks so he should have power.

Sigh....
                Power travels to some buildings via osmosis don't you know.

Comment

Daughter lives just outside of Acton, power went off Saturday night and is still out. Slept here last night so it was a nice evening and morning opening presents.
                  Ping G410 10.5*
                  Taylormade M6 3W
                  Callaway Diablo Edge 5W
                  TaylorMade P790 4 - PW
                  Ping Glide Stealth 50*
                  Ping Glide Stealth 54*
                  Cleveland 588 RTX LW 58*
                  Scotty Cameron Select GoLo

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
                    Best case 2 more days for us could be 5. Main feed for the street still on the ground then some of us need new feeds to the house after that. Single house connections not going to get hi priority.
                    That's funny, but sad.

Comment

I just passed 81 hours since the big boom shut us down. One of my neighbors spoke with Mayor Scarpitti yesterday and PowerStream told him that everything ease of Unionville was back up and running. NOT!!
                      Spent the afternoon/evening with my sister-in-law in the Beaches. Very nice diversion, but came home at 7pm to a very cold house. Took almost 3 hours to heat up with the kitchen stove (natural gas).
                      Hopefully tomorrow...........
                      U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Luckily got power after 88 hours. Still a lot of dark areas in the east end even though I heard on tv that it's only single residences left to repair.

Comment

Anybody know if grocery stores are open tomorrow? Gotta re-stock fridge and freezer.

Comment

Christmas miracle today. Hydro crew finally showed up on my street in force around 11:30am and reconnect the whole street just before 2pm. 88 hours is long enough. The thermostat said 3*C, it climbed quickly to 10*C before sunset but slowed down after. It will be around morning when the temperature goes back to comfortable level. Fortunately we have the furnace serviced shortly before the outage.

Comment

85 hour, 15 minutes. For some reason I woke up at 3:45 and saw a PowerStream truck go by. After another trip around the neighborhood 10 minutes later, the lights popped on at 4:16. This has been a Christmas to remember!!
                              This is also the first time in decades that I'm going shopping on Boxing Day, but at least this time it's to re-stock the fridge and freezer. Had to dump EVERYTHING 2 days ago. I'll be at Longo's around 8 this morning.
                              U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Originally posted by goshawk View Post
                                85 hour, 15 minutes. For some reason I woke up at 3:45 and saw a PowerStream truck go by. After another trip around the neighborhood 10 minutes later, the lights popped on at 4:16. This has been a Christmas to remember!!
                                This is also the first time in decades that I'm going shopping on Boxing Day, but at least this time it's to re-stock the fridge and freezer. Had to dump EVERYTHING 2 days ago. I'll be at Longo's around 8 this morning.
                                Good to read that Lionel, long time to be without power.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X