Collapse

PREMIER LEAGUE 2016/17

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PREMIER LEAGUE 2016/17

Arsenal supporters are gutted by losing to Tottenham and for the first time this century are going to finish below Spurs. Chelsea have almost certainly won the league. Middlesborough will be joining Sunderland in the Championship league next season. Who is going to be other team to join them, Hull, Swansea or Crystal Palace?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastend Golfer View Post
      Arsenal supporters are gutted by losing to Tottenham and for the first time this century are going to finish below Spurs. Chelsea have almost certainly won the league. Middlesborough will be joining Sunderland in the Championship league next season. Who is going to be other team to join them, Hull, Swansea or Crystal Palace?
      Right now I think Swansea gets relegated. Looks like Palace is safe and they will likely get a least a point in their home game against Hull. Hull likely beats Sunderland this weekend which means Swansea must win two of the last three against Everton, Sunderland or West Brom. If West Ham loses all three remaining games they could be in the mix which is embarrassing in their first year at the new stadium.
      The Hull manager, Silva has done an outstanding job with Hull since taking the job in December. He lost the two best players on the roster and has really improved the performance. If Arsenal are looking for a new manager, he is the first person they should interview. Success everywhere he has been but apparently a difficult character to work with at times.
      Sunderland situation with management and Moyes is laughable. A lot of loyal fans there and the club is managed by amateurs.

Comment

Almost certainly Swansea. Can't see Everton not getting the points there. I'm not exactly gutted losing to the Spurs. They have a great team, and the youth to be good for some time. A number of near missed attempts - they deserved the win. That foul by Gabriel was needless and stupid, couldn't believe they bothered to protest to the ref at all.

I see Wegner staying involved with the club, but management questionable. I don't know who to see filling the job though. Rodgers signed long term at Celtic, Murinho is getting set in at Man U... I think Koeman would do a great job at Arsenal, but has made his commitment to Everton pretty clear.

If Wegner stays at the helm, it may the case of, who else?
        Driver: Callaway BB Epic 13.5, Veylix Alpina 673S - WILDEYE!
        16.5* 4W: Ping G25, Fujikura Pro Wood 63R
        20* 3H: Callaway Apex, Accra CS1 HB-M4
        4-A: Callaway Apex Combo, Project X LZ 5.5
        Wedges: TM TP 54/60-ATV, DG Spinner Wedge
        Putter: SC Sqaureback No. 1
        Bench: Ping Anser UST VTS TourSPX Hybrid Silver 75R
        RCGA Factor: 11.6 (75 up to....)

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
          Almost certainly Swansea. Can't see Everton not getting the points there. I'm not exactly gutted losing to the Spurs. They have a great team, and the youth to be good for some time. A number of near missed attempts - they deserved the win. That foul by Gabriel was needless and stupid, couldn't believe they bothered to protest to the ref at all.

I see Wegner staying involved with the club, but management questionable. I don't know who to see filling the job though. Rodgers signed long term at Celtic, Murinho is getting set in at Man U... I think Koeman would do a great job at Arsenal, but has made his commitment to Everton pretty clear.

If Wegner stays at the helm, it may the case of, who else?
          It's nice to see Rogers enjoying Celtic, although I have many friends who support Rangers and it's not been a good 5 years. But I can't see Rogers being considered for Arsenal. I doubt they would spend the money for managers like Morinho or Guardiola. I think Koeman only leaves Everton if he is offered Barca. A few of my Arsenal friends want a British manager and Dyche or Eddie Howe top their list. I think Howe has done really good things at Bournemouth and Dyche deserves credit for keeping Burnley competitive. I think Silva is the best young manager in the EPL right now based on his record. Will be interesting to see what happens after the season.

Comment

Good point, I forgot about Eddie Howe. Like Koemans, I like the idea of a defender taking the helm....

Though I think I'd prefer one of the above 2.....Thierrry Henry?
            Last edited by Cowboy; May 5, 2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Now THAT was the Gunners. Best game I've seen from Ox in quite a while. He hustled out there. We finally got 2 way play for the midfield and it was great! Ox, Xhaka, Ramsey and Gibs were all strong both ways on the pitch. Excellent show from Holding as well aside from the lousy pass back to Cech.

Holding best stay in the line up!

Comment

The FA is voting to ban players who dive. Interestingly they have been doing it in Scotland this year.

Great idea. Let's hope they pass it.
                This weekend only Arsenal, Liverpool and City are still playing for anything.
                Chelsea wins, Kante is simply an amazing player.

Comment

Liverpool plays Middlesborough and should win and clinch a CL berth.
                  Arsenal plays Everton in a tougher fixture but should win.

If Arsenal doesn't make CL, Sanchez and Ozïl are gone.

Liverpool need to start strong and get on the scoreboard fast like they did against West Ham.
                  Driver -Titleist 913 Diamana D+ 72 x5ct S shaft
                  Metal woods - 13* Titleist 980F Strong 3
                  Hybrid - 19 * and 21*Titleist 585H
                  Irons - Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
                  SW - 56* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
                  GW - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
                  Cleveland 588 60* Lob wedge
                  Putter _ Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
                  Bag- Titleist
                  Ball - Pro-V1x or Bridgestone B330 RX

NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM

Comment

2 "Albions" in the Premiership next year!!

...but where will Jermain Dafoe be?
                    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by pudubny View Post
                      The FA is voting to ban players who dive. Interestingly they have been doing it in Scotland this year.

Great idea. Let's hope they pass it.
                      This weekend only Arsenal, Liverpool and City are still playing for anything.
                      Chelsea wins, Kante is simply an amazing player.
                      The FA passed the retro review for diving beginning next season. Two match ban. I am surprised they moved so quickly on this. Big Sam immediately calls it "rubbish". I think it's a big step forward for the league, the fans hate diving.
                      Kane scores 4 against Leicester, which will not help Shakespeare get the manager job at Leicester full time. Shambolic performance. Kills me in fantasy league.

Comment

Originally posted by pudubny View Post
                        The FA passed the retro review for diving beginning next season. Two match ban. I am surprised they moved so quickly on this. Big Sam immediately calls it "rubbish". I think it's a big step forward for the league, the fans hate diving.
                        Kane scores 4 against Leicester, which will not help Shakespeare get the manager job at Leicester full time. Shambolic performance. Kills me in fantasy league.
                        Instant review is so good these days that they should issue a yellow if they deem it a dive, and do it again give the red. In needs to be harsh or it won't have an effect.
                        Guys getting fined means nothing to these multi millionaires
                        Match bans hurt them way more
                        "My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to sleep at night. In between, I occupy myself as best as I can" Cary Grant

Comment

Good decision on the bans.

Not Premier League but......GUNNERS FA CUP CHAMPS!!

Mersey - don't be so quick to say Sanchez/Ozil are out the door!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            Good decision on the bans.

Not Premier League but......GUNNERS FA CUP CHAMPS!!

Mersey - don't be so quick to say Sanchez/Ozil are out the door!
                            Congrats to the Gunners for winning the FA Cup.

Sanchez and Ozil want to play CL football so it'll take a lot for them to stay. Perhaps more money or a new manager at the Etihad.
                            Driver -Titleist 913 Diamana D+ 72 x5ct S shaft
                            Metal woods - 13* Titleist 980F Strong 3
                            Hybrid - 19 * and 21*Titleist 585H
                            Irons - Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
                            SW - 56* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
                            GW - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
                            Cleveland 588 60* Lob wedge
                            Putter _ Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
                            Bag- Titleist
                            Ball - Pro-V1x or Bridgestone B330 RX

NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM

Comment