Donald Rump - singularly unsuited to be POTUS

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Donald Rump - singularly unsuited to be POTUS

Originally posted by Bern View Post
    And the Kremlin and FBI were yelling on her backswing if you want to complete that analogy.
    I think her caddy underclubbed her.

Comment

For all you D.T haters I will bet 5 boxes of Pro V's The Donald makes it through all 4 years. As in he isn't impeached or doesn't resign (reason doesn't matter - scandal, personal or health). If he passes away - bet is cancelled. I'll take up to 4 bets. If you're an old codger.....don't bet....I don't want to have to go to a nursing home to collect.
      Who is in?

Comment

Originally posted by vermin40 View Post
        For all you D.T haters I will bet 5 boxes of Pro V's The Donald makes it through all 4 years. As in he isn't impeached or doesn't resign (reason doesn't matter - scandal, personal or health). If he passes away - bet is cancelled. I'll take up to 4 bets. If you're an old codger.....don't bet....I don't want to have to go to a nursing home to collect.
        Who is in?
        Benz is in!

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
          Benz is in!
          Benzatollah - I am so happy you are in. I want to meet you when the Pro V's are exchanged. These next 4 years will be fun. How old are you? I shouldn't be worried should I?

Comment

Originally posted by Furcorn
            What are you worried about?
            I'm joking.

Comment

Originally posted by vermin40 View Post
              Benzatollah - I am so happy you are in. I want to meet you when the Pro V's are exchanged. These next 4 years will be fun. How old are you? I shouldn't be worried should I?
              No worries. I'm going to be watching the Super Bowl with my lawyer, so I'll have him add a note to my will....

Comment

My wife and I spent the night n a community just south of Montgomery, Alabama. I asked a 30ish, Black woman, who worked in the restaurant, how she and the people she knew felt about Mr. Trump. She was quick and decisive: "He's an arsehole. He's an embarrassment." By contrast, there were others (travellers), who thought he was just perfect. However, they couldn't explain in any meaningful way what made him perfect beyond the usual phrases one hears on Fox: "He'll shake things up." "He'll show them." When pressed for details, there were none. I was hoping to learn something new. I didn't.
                This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                  My wife and I spent the night n a community just south of Montgomery, Alabama. I asked a 30ish, Black woman, who worked in the restaurant, how she and the people she knew felt about Mr. Trump. She was quick and decisive: "He's an arsehole. He's an embarrassment." By contrast, there were others (travellers), who thought he was just perfect. However, they couldn't explain in any meaningful way what made him perfect beyond the usual phrases one hears on Fox: "He'll shake things up." "He'll show them." When pressed for details, there were none. I was hoping to learn something new. I didn't.
                  By any chance, were the other travellers white and lower-middle class?

Comment

Did you press the 30ish black woman for details as well? NY Times has an article with white women explaining why they voted for Trump. I am surprised that NY Times published this article and did not make the women look like idiots. If the NY Times had not decided on Hilary Clinton in 2008, they would have more credible voice with a broader section of the electorate. In my opinion, both parties blew it with their candidate selection. At least the republican party allowed a variety of candidates to run, instead of force feeding the establishment candidate on American voters.

Comment

I did ask her. She articulated much of the same reasons that have been expressed in this site.

Originally posted by laps View Post
                      Did you press the 30ish black woman for details as well? NY Times has an article with white women explaining why they voted for Trump. I am surprised that NY Times published this article and did not make the women look like idiots. If the NY Times had not decided on Hilary Clinton in 2008, they would have more credible voice with a broader section of the electorate. In my opinion, both parties blew it with their candidate selection. At least the republican party allowed a variety of candidates to run, instead of force feeding the establishment candidate on American voters.
                      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

At Christmas time I was to a friend who has lived in rural Kentucky for the last 25 years. He is originally British, but studied and lived in Canada during the 70's and 80's. He renovates houses and apartments and rents them out to low income residents, so he is quite familiar with the social strata from whence Trump draws his following.

Given his travels he is undoubtedly far more impartial about US politics than most local residents. We talked about the election and when HR came up, he couldn't stress the extent to which "they absolutely hate her down here". To many of the locals she represents the devil incarnate and is the epitome of all of the evil political machine conspiring against their way of life.

After speaking with him, I really got the sense that most Canadians, while they might have been aware of misgivings and suspicions over HR, just did not fully appreciate the extent and depth of loathing for her among those disaffected social classes. I certainly did not.

He also described how negativity and hostility towards Hispanics, whether Mexican nationals, or legal and illegal US residents, become increasingly apparent over the course of the election, and being targeted as responsible for the economic disparity of the working class.

It's one thing to follow these trends and views in the news, It's another to hear it from those seeing it first hand.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

your bias is showing, but nevermind that.
                          the black woman's "decisive" reaction to Trump is no more informed than any of the other. Both sides are riding the prevailing rhetoric in their community.
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Too bad for the next generation of kids, with Trump assuming power the circus industry is calling it quits, they just are not going to be able to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
                              Too bad for the next generation of kids, with Trump assuming power the circus industry is calling it quits, they just are not going to be able to compete.
                              Ringling threw in the towel.

but it was the activist animals that killed them.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
                                Yup, the circus has finally found a permanent home. Washington, DC.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X