This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post
    I read and wonder, how could they share the info with Trump and not tell him it was top secret? Why was it not in the daily itelligence brief which the President knows is secret. (Ok, should know is secret)
    Trump's response is priceless, should motivate the Israelis to share more.
    Details have emerged of the highly-classified Israeli intelligence revealed by Donald Trump to Russian officials earlier this year. The US President’s decision to spill the information during a meeting with foreign minister Sergei Lavrov was described as having brought Israeli spies’ “worst fears” to life. Israel and the US have a close intelligence-sharing relationship but spies from the Middle Eastern nation had previously been warned not to share sensitive details with the Trump White House, according to reports in Israeli media.

is it ignorance or apathy? He does not know and he does not care.
    After observing him for over a year since the primary, one can pretty much conclude that Trump's decisions and/or actions are based solely on how the outcome would benefit him or make him look good...anything else be damned.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

How do you get an Iraqi govt who you set up, to vote for that? Had to be approved by their parliament and subject to their law. Was not going to happen unless the US were imperialist occupiers.
      As I recall, Iraq may have kept as many as 5000 private contractors on after the US left. Training, etc. I don't think 10k troops would have made a difference.
      Again I ask you oh swamy of avoiding questions, how many troops for how long?
      Do you think the Fox video clip was "fair and balanced"? Told the whole story? In context?
      Syria fell into chaos with internal strife, then came ISIS. You can criticize Obama's reaction but the US did not cause Syria's civil war.
      Obama the tough negotiator didn't really try it seems. LIke I said, we can agree to disagree but if you had Bush in place, he would have followed through on his promise to re-negotiate until Iraq was stable.

Now onto the continually dodged question. If this was such a bad outcome that allowed Al Quaeda/ISIS to gain power, why repeat the same mistake in Libya and Syria?

Comment

• After Flynn allegedly flipped...The knives are coming out.

This is going to be like having a contract out for the ex general John Wick style.

Comment

• @realDonaldTrump 14 Oct 2014

We pay for Obama's travel so he can fundraise millions so Democrats can run on lies. Then we pay for his golf.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DPZ9BgeXUAAV_6m.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	2713630

Comment

• No, she laughed at an aspect of the prosecution. I know that it suits you to interprete it differently, but wishing it so for political advantage doesn’t make it so.

Originally posted by hemants View Post

Correct. She did laugh about it as evidenced in the video.
            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
              No, she laughed at an aspect of the prosecution. I know that it suits you to interprete it differently, but wishing it so for political advantage doesn’t make it so.

Yes in other words, she laughed about the case. No amount of apologism or snopes or parsing aspects of the case will change that fact that everyone can hear with their own ears.
              Last edited by hemants; Nov 24, 2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• 1) The anti-Obama commentators seem to be assuming that there was any chance of achieving stability in the near future/past in Iraq. There isn't and wasn't. Unless a dictatorship is imposed with one faction dominating the others as existed under Hussein, then there was little hope of achieving stability. Many of the original fighters/leaders/supporters of ISIS were Baathist soldiers/officers who lost their roles under American occupation. The genie was let out of the bottle in Iraq with previously discriminated against groups such as the Kurds being allowed some form of autonomy and access to weapons.
                2) Trump golfing at his own courses and bragging/advertising about this is a clear conflict of interest. As demonstrated by various media sources, these Trump courses bill the Secret Service for carts/etc. $137k as of October 5th.
                3) Trump golfed 19 times during his first 100 days in office. Obama once during his first 100 days. And the trend is continuing.

Comment

• Originally posted by hemants View Post

Yes in other words, she laughed about the case. No amount of apologism or snopes or parsing aspects of the case will change that fact that everyone can hear with their own ears.
                  i didn't hear the tape.. was it a Dr Evil type laugh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richd View Post
                    i didn't hear the tape.. was it a Dr Evil type laugh?
                    Nah. She reserved that laugh for huge donations to Clinton foundation.

Comment

Nah. She reserved that laugh for huge donations to Clinton foundation.
                      even back then she had the plan in place

Comment

So, during an interview some years later, she laughed at some point.

Really? You're pushing THAT as one of Hillary's failings?

That's like a friend mocking me for missing a 40 foot putt. It doesn't really have much weight.
                        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                        ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Richd View Post

even back then she had the plan in place
                          She's a sly fox - that Hillary one

Comment

spe·cious
                            ˈspēSHəs/
                            adjective
                            1. superficially plausible, but actually wrong.
                              "a specious argument"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

So, during an interview some years later, she laughed at some point.

Really? You're pushing THAT as one of Hillary's failings?

That's like a friend mocking me for missing a 40 foot putt. It doesn't really have much weight.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	grasping-at-straws.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	2713670
                              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	grasping-at-straws.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.6 KB ID:	2713670
                                I am not. I do not care much about trivialities. I never brought up the laughing until someone tried to use snopes to pretend it didn't happen.
                                Last edited by hemants; Nov 24, 2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X