X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: President Trump

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
    Not sure if the NYT video has it but the WaPo annotated the video. Spicer's childishness and lies are "shameful and wrong".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.47fdd728301a
    A fuller discussion from the WaPo.

Next up: Rump will paint a softball orange and "palm" it, to prove he has bigly hands.
    WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

"Trust me, I'm like a smart person".

What a sack of poo. Watch at 6:20.

President Donald Trump displays the character flaws that are his weaknesses in a speech to employees of the Central Intelligence Agency. It doesn't take an espionage agent to see that Trump is self-absorbed, thin-skinned and has a needy ego. His every wandering, undisciplined thought circles back to self-congratulation. These traits are ripe for exploitation by foreign powers.

... and from The Twitter:

Senior ex-intel official (a Republican) just emailed: "Alec Baldwin visited the CIA today..."

... and this:

Rump Ramps Up the Narcissism in an Appalling Speech

If you believe President Donald Trump’s rampant narcissism might have hit its peak, take a look at the speech he gave Saturday afternoon before the...
      Last edited by ManFromMoffat; Jan 22, 2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Who'da thunk the first orange president wouldn't draw bigger crowds than the first black one?

Comment

Apparently trump deleted a tweet from the POTUS account because he made a spelling error. But in doing so violated federal laws pertaining to records keeping.

Don't know the whole story but that's the gist of it. How long will Americans let this guy carry on lying and taking advantage of them before they do something? What's required to get him impeached?

Comment

interesting Quote from POTUS

President Trump weighed in Sunday on the massive weekend protests against him, and didn't seem impressed.

"Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't these people vote?" Trump tweeted.

...i for one wonder what percent of the protesters voted

We have the same problem here in Canada at the municipal/Provincial and Federal level
            Brampton

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post

Don't know the whole story but that's the gist of it. How long will Americans let this guy carry on lying and taking advantage of them before they do something? What's required to get him impeached?
              Well, had all the people protesting about him being voted in been more organized and done more to get others to vote for the Dems perhaps the US would have had Clinton as a president.

Instead, the US has many who didn't want him as president being just as whacko as the right wing nut cases who didn't want Obama as president.

Comment

Originally posted by dkedad View Post

Good question. If they didn't vote, they should have stayed home.

Comment

President Trump weighed in Sunday on the massive weekend protests against him, and didn't seem impressed.

"Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't these people vote?" Trump tweeted.

That is certain to win the hearts and minds of those who took part, or more likely to steel their resolve to oppose him at every step of the way.

One day after pledging to be a president for all...he is actively driving away a major faction, not to mention his attacks on the press and attempted effort at reconciliation with the CIA which turned out to be quite offensive.

No honeymoon period following this election, and the pre-nup is out the window.

Gotta go...looking into the Mars One Mission, hopefully it leaves soon and there are still seats.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
                    Good question. If they didn't vote, they should have stayed home.
                    Maybe they did vote. Hillary won the popular vote by 3M.

I blame the Democrats for putting forth a terrible candidate that most didn't like in the first place.
                    Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, Tour 65-S
                    Ping G425 SFT 15* 3 Wood, Tour 75-S
                    Ping G425 SFT 19* 5 Wood, Tour 75-S
                    Ping G425 Max 23.5* 9 Wood, Tour 75-S
                    Ping G425 Max 26* 5 Hybrid, Tour 85-S
                    Ping S56 Irons, 6 to 9, PW, Aldila VS 85-S
                    Ping Tour S, 52/12*, 58/10*,Aldila VS 85-S
                    Ping Chip-R, Ping Z115-S (new)
                    Ping 35" Tomcat 14 Putter (new)
                    Ping "Latitude" Carry Bag
                    Nikon Laser 500G Rangefinder

Comment

A few things I noticed over the last 24 hours...

- The sign language interpreter's gesture when Madonna says 'F you' was priceless.

- Our current foreign minister Chrystia Freeland is banned from entering Russia.

Comment

A friend just sent me this link.....

In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
                        Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
                        Titleist 910 F2 19*
                        Titleist 913H 24*
                        Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
                        Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
                        Vokey SM6 58*
                        SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

We have the same problem here in Canada at the municipal/Provincial and Federal level
                          I find it interesting that people automatically assume that protestors didn't vote. What on earth leads them to this conclusion?

I've never seen any real statistics to prove tgis assumption.

(Not saying you're making this assumption dkedad, just using your post as an example)

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
                          TM SLDR 10.5*
                          TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
                          TM Rescue 22*
                          4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
                          Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
                          Ping Ketch
                          Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

It will be interesting to see how things evolve in the area of trade.

Republicans and rich people generally prefer an open trade environment. Trump made some strong statements against that in his speech.

A rise in protectionism and "America First" sounds great, but it doesn't actually work.

Despite the doom and gloom and anger projected in his inauguration speech, the USA remains at the top of the world's economies. The top. The very top. The highest. No place is better, everywhere else is worse.

China's economy is growing and will likely surpass that of the US soon (it, may have already depending on how you measure GDP). But with 4 times the population, that's really not a big deal or a big surprise.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opini...2-14ced5dad6c3

Trump's biggest problem by far is that everything is a fight to him, and there must always be a winner and a loser. That's why he couldn't refrain from continuing his bunfight with the media when speaking at the CIA. He disrespects the CIA in the middle of a speech which was intended to mend the relation he'd so carelessly damaged just weeks earlier. He does this at the Memorial Wall which honours fallen officers.

He is really lacking in mental discipline and that's not a good thing. He couldn't let go of the fight he was having, even though the media in this case were clearly and provably correct.
                            Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Jan 22, 2017, 10:53 AM.
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ochoafan View Post
                              A friend just sent me this link.....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...?emc=eta1&_r=0
                              I'd only seen the pics of the Washington protests and thought the crowds looked larger than the Inauguration crowds.

I knew that we had our own little protests organized across Canada.... but the size of the crowds all around the world in those pictures.... I had no idea.

Trump's supporters have used the phrase "Don't poke the bear" to excuse some of his behaviour against people like the Khan family and Congressman John Lewis. Turns out Trump may have poked a bear himself.

In related news, a group travelling from Montreal to Washington were denied entry to the US when they disclosed that they were thinking about attending the rally. They were detained for 2 hours to be questioned, photographed and fingerprinted. The French citizens in the group were told they would now require a visa to enter the US. The Canadians in the group were told that if they tried to cross into the US again on this weekend, they would be arrested.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...enied-entry-us

Buckle up. This is going to be a bumpy ride.

What a Brave New World this is turning out to be...

Remind me: How big were the protests against Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon....
                              Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Jan 22, 2017, 10:49 AM.
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

In related news, a group travelling from Montreal to Washington were denied entry to the US when they disclosed that they were thinking about attending the rally. They were detained for 2 hours to be questioned, photographed and fingerprinted. The French citizens in the group were told they would now require a visa to enter the US. The Canadians in the group were told that if they tried to cross into the US again on this weekend, they would be arrested.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...enied-entry-us

Buckle up. This is going to be a bumpy ride.

What a Brave New World this is turning out to be...
                                I'm not really surprised that protesters were denied entrance. I think that would be the case no matter the president in power. There a much heightened security level in the states so restricting self admitted protesters and reducing volumes of people where potential "real troublemakers" could blend in makes sense. Chances are they would be peaceful in their protest, but not all the Anti-Trump protests have been.

I would hope that our border security would similarly prevent "potential" trouble makers and people wanting to protest against our government from enterring Canada.
                                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X