Collapse

Ask a Realtor anything

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a Realtor anything

Maybe a confidential stat, but if not, what is the commission split (percentage wise) between an agent and the brokerage firm he works for/with ?

Comment

My understanding was Toronto property taxes were lower due to density and scale. Ie it's cheaper per capita to provide services to a larger group of people who are located closer together than a smaller, more spread-out population?
      What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
      TM Rescue 17*
      TM M2 4-AW
      TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
      Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
        My understanding was Toronto property taxes were lower due to density and scale. Ie it's cheaper per capita to provide services to a larger group of people who are located closer together than a smaller, more spread-out population?
        It makes sense but then again TO has a lot more city infrastructure to support than other municipalities so perhaps it's been a faulty strategy.
        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
        Srixon Star XV
        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
          Maybe a confidential stat, but if not, what is the commission split (percentage wise) between an agent and the brokerage firm he works for/with ?

It varies by brokerage and by agent actually. I don't have the same commission split as say the agent who signed up a week later, or even two years ago.

IT's negotiable.

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
            Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
            It makes sense but then again TO has a lot more city infrastructure to support than other municipalities so perhaps it's been a faulty strategy.
            There is also a whole lot of commercial property in the city that is providing a pretty substantial tax base.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
              There is also a whole lot of commercial property in the city that is providing a pretty substantial tax base.
              And yet the city is still broke so what to do? Their idea to collect the shortfall from residents of other municipalities has just been nixed so now what?
              We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
              Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
              Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
              Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
              Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
              Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
              Srixon Star XV
              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
                And yet the city is still broke so what to do? Their idea to collect the shortfall from residents of other municipalities has just been nixed so now what?
                Everywhere is broke #newnormal

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                  A realtor bought the house 2 doors down from us and is renting it out to an unknown number and type of people. Our neighborhood is a nice family based community. The tenants in this rental are a bunch of kids.

On New Year's they had a party and at 3 AM there were a lot of people there including some urinating outside the house.

Last weekend there was a huge presence of police and EMT because a girl had OD'd and was unresponsive.

This evening the police were there again arresting one of the tenants (we assume) on DUI and drug charges.

How do we publicly shame this realtor landlord into evicting the tenants and selling the property to someone who will live there and take pride in the home?
                  i feel for you Marty.
                  I have a friend who has gone through the same thing with Air BNB tenants in his neighborhood
                  Brampton

Comment

No questions, just comments and observations. Most people I know despise RE agents. I think that eventually, they are in for an overhaul. Whether by regulation, or by becoming obsolete. Seeing more and more 1% companies now. The commissions need restructuring. Agents were getting 5% when houses were selling for 50k. The industry has always been tainted. Needs a good housecleaning.
                    Bridgestone J715 10.5
                    Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
                    Adams Super LS 17d.
                    Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
                    Scratch 8620 53d.
                    Callaway X-forged 58d.
                    Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
                    Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                      A realtor bought the house 2 doors down from us and is renting it out to an unknown number and type of people. Our neighborhood is a nice family based community. The tenants in this rental are a bunch of kids.

On New Year's they had a party and at 3 AM there were a lot of people there including some urinating outside the house.

Last weekend there was a huge presence of police and EMT because a girl had OD'd and was unresponsive.

This evening the police were there again arresting one of the tenants (we assume) on DUI and drug charges.

How do we publicly shame this realtor landlord into evicting the tenants and selling the property to someone who will live there and take pride in the home?

find a Realty sign of his and put it on the lawn of that house.
                      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
                        It varies all over the map. Some companies charge for desk fees, corporate advertising, franchise fees. etc. The splits I have seen have varied from 60/40 and up. My plan is quite generous. I pay $69/month and $325 per deal and keep the rest. It's crazy what some agents will pay for a name and yet at the end of the day, the agent makes all the difference and not the company.

Comment

Originally posted by 73monte View Post
                          No questions, just comments and observations. Most people I know despise RE agents. I think that eventually, they are in for an overhaul. Whether by regulation, or by becoming obsolete. Seeing more and more 1% companies now. The commissions need restructuring. Agents were getting 5% when houses were selling for 50k. The industry has always been tainted. Needs a good housecleaning.
                          I can't say I disagree with most of this.

Comment

Hi Dave

You said "how would you place a value on your home?" It feels to me that MLS agents don't know the value of homes, if they are selling for more than market price. Do you agree?

I think a person could look around and estimate how much he wants to ask for, before listing privately.

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
                              Hi Dave

You said "how would you place a value on your home?" It feels to me that MLS agents don't know the value of homes, if they are selling for more than market price. Do you agree?

I think a person could look around and estimate how much he wants to ask for, before listing privately.
                              In this market no one is absolutely certain as to what a home will sell for. We know what comparable homes have sold for in the past but all you can do is frankly pick a listing price that you feel is close to the market value, hold off offers for a week and let the market dictate the value.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt View Post
                                In this market no one is absolutely certain as to what a home will sell for. We know what comparable homes have sold for in the past but all you can do is frankly pick a listing price that you feel is close to the market value, hold off offers for a week and let the market dictate the value.
                                Part of the reason that it's tougher for a private seller to price their home than an agent is the stranglehold that agents traditionally had on past sale prices. One that they have fought tooth and nail to hold onto.

Witness the ongoing fights with sites like HomesSold.

I understand why realtors want to protect this information as it's one of the few remaining advantages they have to offer, but in my mind, the industry is digging it's own grave.

Rather than adapt and accept a lower percentage commission (which in actuality, would probably still be a higher dollar amount than they would have received on the same home a decade ago), they resisted. This just drew more agents to the industry so more people had to share the pie and with such a murky market, there was lots of room for misbehaviour. The end result was RE agents engendered a greater dislike as an industry than lawyers. Luckily for them, bankers leapfrogged them both to the number one spot...
                                What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                                TM Rescue 17*
                                TM M2 4-AW
                                TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                                Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse