/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Time to replace the Wife's car - suggestions in a similar class?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to replace the Wife's car - suggestions in a similar class?

Originally posted by gatsby View Post
    I have a Kia Sportage and it is great but I wonder what the car is being used for which makes a big deal of difference. Lots of stuff to carry, Santa Fe and Sportages. Smaller loads, city driving , the Nissan Juke may fill the bill if the Rogue or Murano don't.
    LOL, I'm a believer that they mispelled the name Juke when they named the car. I think the first letter was supposed to be a P. Those things are butt-fugly!

Santa Fe will get consideration. Have a friend whose wife drives one and they are happy with it.

Comment

To add some perspective on what we need.

Most of our kids have moved away now. 18 year old daughter going to school in the fall. Our 22 YO Autistic son will likely be with us until we're no longer around. We have Yellow Lab dog and in 2 weeks we're getting another.

My family has a cottage. We go up a lot in the summer. We need space for dogs, sometimes a kid or two and/or a friend of kid and all the stuff (food, clothes, some gear) we need to haul. It is shared with other family and is also water access so when we go we take everything we need. Can't really leave much there. Food gets used/tossed. No place to keep extra clothes and any gear if left invariably gets used / damamged by someone.

My wife works for me and sometimes uses her car as a delivery vehicle. It depends how much there is. If needed I do drive a Silverado and we can use that when we need even more space.

Mostly she likes a vehicle that she can get in and out of comfortably with her bad knees. She likes a vehicle with some size but not as big as a 1/2 ton truck which she doesn't mind driving but hates parking.

With her Traverse once in a while when we do have to move 6 people it is convenient to have all that seating. They claim it seats 7 but you are not putting 3 adults in the back row.

We're also past "mini-van" days. Had our share. Probably not going there again unless we see something special in a Honda Odyssey.

So there's a little more info.

Comment

We have the 2017 sportage and hate it. Aside from having a butt ugly front, the steering is too stiff and so is the gas pedal. Worst part is it feels like you brake every time you release the gas pedal. Also has tiny cargo space with 4 in the car. Nice wheels though IMO
        Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

When did Ford stop making the Flex? That might have been just what we were looking for.
          They are still being produced, but not every dealer puts one in inventory due to the lower sales volume (love it or hate it styling). So if that's what you're looking for, go for it!

Those that have them love, them, and tend to hold onto them for a long time. Most popular trim is a top end Limited AWD model. Again, with low volume though, a lot of stores are hesitant to put them into inventory. Can do a factory order easily enough, or trade with another dealer for one if what you are looking for isn't on the other end of the earth.
          Driver: Callaway BB Epic 13.5, Veylix Alpina 673S - WILDEYE!
          16.5* 4W: Ping G25, Fujikura Pro Wood 63R
          20* 3H: Callaway Apex, Accra CS1 HB-M4
          4-A: Callaway Apex Combo, Project X LZ 5.5
          Wedges: TM TP 54/60-ATV, DG Spinner Wedge
          Putter: SC Sqaureback No. 1
          Bench: Ping Anser UST VTS TourSPX Hybrid Silver 75R
          RCGA Factor: 11.6 (75 up to....)

Comment

How about the new Honda CR-V ?
            They have stretched out the size a little bit & finally have a 2nd engine (turbo).
            Proud to be a LEFTY

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              They are still being produced, but not every dealer puts one in inventory due to the lower sales volume (love it or hate it styling). So if that's what you're looking for, go for it!

Those that have them love, them, and tend to hold onto them for a long time. Most popular trim is a top end Limited AWD model. Again, with low volume though, a lot of stores are hesitant to put them into inventory. Can do a factory order easily enough, or trade with another dealer for one if what you are looking for isn't on the other end of the earth.
              Thanks for the info. I'll ask about that.

Comment

I've always liked the Ford Edge. Driven a few. Was down to that and the Murano when I got my Murano.

Comment

Found another candidate. New VW model coming out called "Atlas" that seems to be worth looking at.

Comment

Know it has been mentioned and maybe might be a bit high but both my mom and a work colleagues wife have the RDX and they both love it (mom can't wait to buy her next one )

From what I have heard the VW's might a great call since they have been offering some fairly aggressive incentives to try and come back from their emissions crisis (I still believe VW makes a great car)

Comment

Hmm, never been a fan of the Rav 4. Seems closer to the Chev Equinox, which I had and hated so much I traded it in well before the lease was up.

We are looking at Toyota Highlander though too.

If some of the options seem a bit all over there, well that may be. But we're going to put more effort into finding a car that suits wants, needs and cost the best for us this time. Been way to quick on the draw in the past.
                      Highlander is a nice vehicle too.

Friends of ours bought a Chev equinox. Totally different from the rav4. It's butt ugly and the engine has no guts. The interior is awkward and small cargo space too.

I know what you mean about finding the right vehicle. Hope you find something that you really like. There are lots to choose from.
                      In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
                      Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
                      Titleist 910 F2 19*
                      Titleist 913H 24*
                      Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
                      Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
                      Vokey SM6 58*
                      SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

Regardless after purchase you'll have spent more then you budgeted and will have buyers remorse......

The Highlander looks great but the pricing bothers me (jump from $35,000-$50,000 in a blink of an eye).

My thought is if looking for a bargain, the Flex depreciates really quick so can get a great deal, so the if planning to drive into the ground that is an option.

Comment

Another option is the Mazda CX-9. Slightly smaller than the traverse, but has seating for 6, AWD, and drives very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBaconator View Post
                            Another option is the Mazda CX-9. Slightly smaller than the traverse, but has seating for 6, AWD, and drives very nicely.
                            How is the build quality/durability? I don't have a very strong impression of Mazda from the cars I've seen out there (plus I want to punch the Zoom Zoom kid in the head! )

Comment

How is the build quality/durability? I don't have a very strong impression of Mazda from the cars I've seen out there (plus I want to punch the Zoom Zoom kid in the head! )
                              I owned a Mazda 6 for 8 years with only minor issues (ignition coils causing a misfire) as it approached 240k. Rust was an issue for Mazdas of that time but the car had only one minor spot on the door frame.

I currently drive a 2010 Mazda 3 that I have had since new and other than a wheel bearing at 160k, have only done regular maintenance. Rust is not an issue on this car that is nearly 9 years old (built in December 2008).

I think reliability in general has improved across all makes, especially in the last 15 years.

As for the zoom-zoom. Yes, it's annoying (my Mazda 3 has a zoom-zoom chime that plays when it starts), but you'll understand once you drive a Mazda. I may be a bit biased, but I've found they drive very well.

Comment

Subaru Outback

Thank me later when it hasn't broken down and you get a ridiculously good resale value.
                                10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                                16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                                20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                                4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                                Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays