Damn. Friend got a dui

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn. Friend got a dui

Blew 100

anyone recommend a lawyer or xcopper service that can deal with this?

Why was he even driving?

Comment

The time for sanctimony is later. Right now he needs representation

Comment

Originally posted by hemants View Post
        I disagree. Time to eat the punishment and get some help. I don't want anyone who makes the decision to drive drunk getting off with anything other than what he deserves. I'd say the same if it was a family member.
        What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
        TM Rescue 17*
        TM M2 4-AW
        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
        Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Before we condemn the op’s friend to the electric chair, I presume he’s contemplating a plea of not guilty and looking for a criminal def lawyer specializing in dui’s ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus View Post
            Before we condemn the op’s friend to the electric chair, I presume he’s contemplating a plea of not guilty and looking for a criminal def lawyer specializing in dui’s ?
            From the OP, he blew 100. No hint that there was a malfunctioning device or some other extenuating circumstance. It sounds like he regrets getting caught and wants to avoid the consequences. If that's not the situation then my bad. My point is just that if a friend or family member of mine got caught WAY over the limit, I'd want to get them help with their drinking/decision making, not help them avoid fines, or worse, get them back on the road sooner.
            What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
            TM Rescue 17*
            TM M2 4-AW
            TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
            Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

I agree. He is entitled to a defence even though he screwed up.

Comment

A friend's best friend just got off and she blew more. I will try and get the lawyers name. When she got caught she was undergoing cancer treatment and experiencing physical and emotional abuse from her husband. Not an excuse but reasons that contributed to her doing something completely out of character for her. **** happens and people sometimes make mistakes. ( fwiw i think she got off because the cop failed to show 2x in a row....didnt think that still happened but i guess it does)
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Blew 100
                  What is '100' relative to the legal blood alcohol limit of '0.08'?

Was his level '0.10'?

If so, he was 25% over the legal limit. Not really close to being 'borderline'.

Whatever help he gets, make sure it includes treatment for alcohol abuse.

Comment

Blew 100

anyone recommend a lawyer or xcopper service that can deal with this?
                    Frank Genesee in Hamilton. An old friend and VERY good at this stuff.
                    In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                    Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                    TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                    PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                    TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                    Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

What is '100' relative to the legal blood alcohol limit of '0.08'?

Was his level '0.10'?

If so, he was 25% over the legal limit. Not really close to being 'borderline'.

Whatever help he gets, make sure it includes treatment for alcohol abuse.
                      There’s a big difference between poor decision making and alcohol abuse. Those are two separate things.

Yes the OP’s friend made a very bad decision, but loss of license for a year could be a career-ender for some. That in turn could mean significant problems for an entire family. That seems like a pretty sharp sword to throw oneself on.
                      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                      Srixon Star XV
                      Ogio Grom bag

Comment

I’m a believer in “thereby but by the grace of God go I” or “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.”

Someone is asking for help. Not much of the circumstances is given so don’t jump to conclusions.

Comment

1) Ignore the holier than thou crowd. It's easy to preach when it's not their *** on the line.
                          2) Have your friend leave no stone unturned, and no dollar unspent to get out from underneath this thing.

My wake up call (thankfully) came in the form of a 3 day suspension. An acquaintance of mine was not so lucky, and it has significantly changed the course of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

There’s a big difference between poor decision making and alcohol abuse. Those are two separate things.

Yes the OP’s friend made a very bad decision, but loss of license for a year could be a career-ender for some. That in turn could mean significant problems for an entire family. That seems like a pretty sharp sword to throw oneself on.
                            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

Yes, there's a difference, but IMO not a big one.
                              In this day and age of DUI-awareness, the 'poor decision' is often the result of a deeper problem with alcohol.

I understand that loss of licence could be a big deal to some. The severity of the penalty is supposed to encourage people to avoid making 'poor decisions'.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X