Collapse

iPad - Battery Replacement

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad - Battery Replacement

Is there a reliable business (not Apple) in the GTA (especially in the Etobicoke area) that replaces iPad batteries? Mine no longer holds its charge for any length of time.

What about YOUBREAKIFIX?
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

I had a bad experience but it was replacing a cracked screen, my sons iPad never seemed to work properly.
    Used a place called fonelab in Limeridge Mall Hamilton. (Not sure if they have more locations).

When you ask Apple they say that they are not designed to be opened.

I would say look for positive reviews or friends recommendations.

Do you have Apple care on the iPad?
    Ping G410 Plus
    Ping G410 3W
    Ping G400 7W or 3H
    Ping G400 4H
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

I'm outside the warranty period. As for Apple's claim that they're not to be opened, that may be their wish, but I'm under the impression that their claims in that regard should be taken with a grain of salt. I will check for positive reviews. Thanks, Pingeye2_fan.

Comment

I’ve used UBREAKIFIX for a few repairs. Never again. The 2 iPads I’ve done with them have the screen not secured properly. I had to fight with them over the iPhone X screen they put on. Ended up back at Apple.

Comment

Best to bring it in to either an Apple store or one of their many authorized service providers which can be found on their website.
          Had my iPhone battery replaced at Jump+ in Vaughan Mills...service was quick, excellent, and pricing more than fair.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Comment

try this guys step first.
              The Apple iPad Air tablet won't turn on or charge. https://www.ionhowto.com/ipad-black-screen-fix-after-not-starting/ iPad not starting even after charging ...

BTW I had the same issue with my ipad, and I tried his method and it worked on mine.
              Last edited by bl8d; Jun 10, 2019, 02:14 PM.
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                try this guys step first.
                The Apple iPad Air tablet won't turn on or charge. https://www.ionhowto.com/ipad-black-screen-fix-after-not-starting/ iPad not starting even after charging ...

BTW I had the same issue with my ipad, and I tried his method and it worked on mine.
                I liked the girl that did the ipad battery replacement on YouTube just after that guy.
                As other posters said, she should have focused more on the ipad circuits inside rather than her pretty face.
                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I seldom used my iPad, and its battery had lost its charge. I put it on the charger overnight but it had failed to charge by next day. That link solved my "dead-battery" problem and it's now fully charged. It's a more common problem with iPads than what's reported and requires this "hard reset" to get going again.
                  things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

The apple store will charge you a small fortune.

Though not in Etobicoke, it's easy to get to from Union Station. It's on Front, East of Spadina. They repaired my Mac and do mobile and tablet repairs as well.

Your Digital Device Repair Centre - Specialized services: We provide professional technical services the other guys don't, such as: Liquid damage, Motherboard & logic board repairs, Malware removal, Data recovery for all devices. 2. Convenient locations. 3 .Repairing the widest range of devices. 4. Customer Service. 5. Quality all the way: Backed by our ROCK SOLID warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                      I seldom used my iPad, and its battery had lost its charge. I put it on the charger overnight but it had failed to charge by next day. That link solved my "dead-battery" problem and it's now fully charged. It's a more common problem with iPads than what's reported and requires this "hard reset" to get going again.
                      That is not a dead battery issue, its a low battery issue. We see this all the time with ipods and iphones here at work. Usually it requires not more than to be connected for a few minutes and then do a hard restart.
                      In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                      and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post

That is not a dead battery issue, its a low battery issue. We see this all the time with ipods and iphones here at work. Usually it requires not more than to be connected for a few minutes and then do a hard restart.
                        yes, but some don't know about that method. They see it as a dead battery that needs replacing.
                        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I have done a number of hard restarts to no avail. The battery still dies more quickly than it should.

Originally posted by Fredk View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                            I have done a number of hard restarts to no avail. The battery still dies more quickly than it should.

My response was more to bl8d. If your device is running fine otherwise I'm sure you are right that the battery needs replacement.

Not living in Toronto and not owning iThings (tm) I unfortunately don't have any recommendations for where to repair.
                            In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                            and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

mpare give these guys a call. They are very good. I have dealt with them for years and they are honest.

Computation Toronto is a leading provider of IT support Toronto, computer, hardware, Mac, PC and laptop repairs, e-waste recycling and more
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X