Collapse

RIP Diego Maradona

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Diego Maradona

Passed at 60 due to a heart attack. One of the best and controversial, even if you were not a soccer fan, you probably knew who he was.

Greatest player I have ever seen, such a sad day

Comment

What a player. Totally unscripted. Genius. Reminds me of the 1986 World Cup in Mexico, against England.

Comment

As a 6 year old watching my first World Cup in 1986 - I was mesmerized by his performance and because of him I fell in love with football

Comment

An exceptional player.

Comment

The main reason I have always cheered for Argentina in the world cup. RIP
            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I view him as the greatest of all time. A larger than life and mesmerizing footballer.

A photo for the ages...

Comment

A true magician with the ball.Watched him in his early days; going forward and also triumphed in life, when he had some personal problems and was able to overcome them.

Comment

I never had any interest in playing soccer, but when I first watched Maradona play, I was hooked. His moves were athletic, graceful and creative. His artistry was both magical and mesmerizing. 60 is much too young to leave this pitch. May he Rest in Peace.
                  This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

He was such a great player . . . was very hard on his body . . . he lived like he played, all out. RIP

Leafs fans are still mad about the no call of Gilmour . . . English fans can't be happy with the "Hand of God" . . .
                    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

I'll never forget leaving school early to watch one of the first matches of the FIFA World Cup that year and being amazed with some of the things that this man could do with the ball. Even watching him during the warm-ups was mesmerizing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
                        He was such a great player . . . was very hard on his body . . . he lived like he played, all out. RIP

Leafs fans are still mad about the no call of Gilmour . . . English fans can't be happy with the "Hand of God" . . .
                        The English press has been more subdued than most. Of course the Scottish loved him.

Comment

Everyone except the English (and maybe Brazilians) loved him

"Diego Maradona thought me it was ok to cheat if it meant beating the english" was one of my favourite tweets about him yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Dunner74 View Post
                            Everyone except the English (and maybe Brazilians) loved him

"Diego Maradona thought me it was ok to cheat if it meant beating the english" was one of my favourite tweets about him yesterday
                            Perfectly understandable. Ability to cheat and get away with it is a victory in itself. That is why "Hand of God" was coined. Divine intervention to level the playing field.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X