Collapse

RIP Gerry Marsden

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Gerry Marsden

RIP Gerry, You'll never walk alone, your voice will be heard at Anfield forever.

Even better than Anfield maybe: https://youtu.be/Go-jJlGd1so
    Last edited by 4underthru9; Jan 3, 2021, 10:14 PM.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

The Beatles and Gerry and the Pacemakers were up and coming in the Liverpool area at the same time.
    from Paul McCartney
    Gerry was a mate from our early days in Liverpool. He and his group were our biggest rivals on the local scene. His unforgettable performances of You’ll Never Walk Alone and Ferry Cross the Mersey remain in many people’s hearts as reminders of a joyful time in British music.
    My sympathies go to his wife Pauline and family. See ya, Gerry. I’ll always remember you with a smile. - Paul

R.I.P. Gerry
    In The Ogio
    Driver - Titleist TS4 w/Diamana
    Fairway Wood - KZG CH-II 3 wood w/Accra HF
    Hybrids - Nakashima NX 3 and 4 w/Accra HF
    Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
    Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Red X​
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Yeah, Brian Epstein was manager of both groups.

For me the song I best remember is Ferry Cross the Mersey. Definitely dating myself:

Thanks, Gerry.
      _______
      NQRfPT

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelR View Post
        Yeah, Brian Epstein was manager of both groups.

For me the song I best remember is Ferry Cross the Mersey. Definitely dating myself:

Thanks, Gerry.
        The first song I remember is "How Do You Do It?".

Full disclosure, If this song gets stuck in your head for hours, I take no responsibility.

TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Originally posted by WWFS View Post

The first song I remember is "How Do You Do It?".

Full disclosure, If this song gets stuck in your head for hours, I take no responsibility.

Interesting that, the Beatles were offered that one first, recorded it, but did not think it suited their style at the time.
          It remained locked away in the Beatles unreleased files for 30 years before it went public.
          According to McCartney it would also not have been right to compete with their peers and close mates.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X