Collapse

2023-24 . . . Our raptors . . .

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
    Betting is a real issue and this is head shaking. How much could be bet on the 8th man wrt prop bets and not raise red flags?

As for the team, the bench has been an issue for way too lonmg. Four starters out (the best four), what do you expect?

Now need that top 6 pick.
    Usually you can bet up to $1000 . . . some were trying to bet $20K and $30K . . . lots of red flags . . .
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Wow the Knicks are deep. Without two key starters. Great job by management.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Usually you can bet up to $1000 . . . some were trying to bet $20K and $30K . . . lots of red flags . . .
        Really Red Flags????? Hilarious if not so sad and not involving "our" Raptors.

BTW Nice to see RJ & Quickly on the bench yesterday. Maybe they'll be back soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

Really Red Flags????? Hilarious if not so sad and not involving "our" Raptors.

BTW Nice to see RJ & Quickly on the bench yesterday. Maybe they'll be back soon.
          RJ and IQ were on the bench last game too. RJ looking on the sad side. Understandable. Re the Raptors it follows from the Knicks thing earlier. That involved Darko who was only just hired at the time. This isn't a good look on the franchise. Even if nothing comes of it being in the news for items like these leads to being thought of as dysfunctional. Meanwhile the Knicks can miss two key starters and not skip a beat with significant depth.

I guess the Raps have had a good run. They'll have to hit on draft picks and maybe a free agent or two. Not holding my breath on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post

This isn't a good look on the franchise. Even if nothing comes of it being in the news for items like these leads to being thought of as dysfunctional.
            it's an embarrassment ! much like their play. Masai is on record as saying he wanted to change the team's culture, I'm not sure this is what he meant.

A year ago , he also said he was reluctant to a rebuild, how things have changed and crumbled. Maybe it's time for a change ?
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

it's an embarrassment ! much like their play. Masai is on record as saying he wanted to change the team's culture, I'm not sure this is what he meant.

A year ago , he also said he was reluctant to a rebuild, how things have changed and crumbled. Maybe it's time for a change ?
              I've been saying this for a while. The honeymoon period after 2019 is over. Masai is reduced to picking up the best g leaguers out there. It killed me when they drafted Poeltl over Sabonis. Then they bring him back for a first and pay him $80m? Sorry, he's not that good. I'll stop as JG is going to get mad at me for being too negative.

Comment

I've been saying this for a while. The honeymoon period after 2019 is over. Masai is reduced to picking up the best g leaguers out there. It killed me when they drafted Poeltl over Sabonis. Then they bring him back for a first and pay him $80m? Sorry, he's not that good. I'll stop as JG is going to get mad at me for being too negative.
                We won in 2019 . . . something that I never thought I would see. I will give them a lot of slack . . . the players playing right now are not the Raptors, closer to 905. No team can play missing their 4 top players for any length of time.

It is always easy to yell rebuilt . . . how is that going for the Pistons. Their 2nd rebuilt in 10 years . . . it is not that easy. Masaii was trying not to do it but he changed his mind during the year and have re-adjusted. Still some good building blocks (I think). There is enough negative news, we have to be positive somewhere . . .

I was in New Market yesterday and courses were opening . . . so lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

I was in New Market yesterday and courses were opening . . . so lucky.
                  Im right there, You should have let me know.....could have bought you a beer.

what courses are open ? Havent heard of any. We are targeting next Wednesday now
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Poeltl is the whipping boy. However the team is much better when he is on the floor. The issue is he can't shoot beyond 8' & that is an issue.

Checkout the summary for NBA 2016 Draft with Round by Round selections and more on Basketball-Reference.com

Yes Sabonis, but between 8-18 he was the second best pick.

And the Raptors hit on Siakim.

However 40+ point losses are unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Im right there, You should have let me know.....could have bought you a beer.

what courses are open ? Havent heard of any. We are targeting next Wednesday now
                      We didn't really know what was going on. We went to Toro and one of the workers told us a course open that morning (Tuesday). I can't remember which one he said. Beautiful, no snow . . .

Comment

• Didn’t know where to put this - former Raptor - them last two old school layups where pure fire!
                        Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.

Comment

• Between the Raps and Lakers there are 17 players out or game time decisions. I recently saw an image saying Michael Jordan played 80 games in his age 40 year. Oh well.

Comment

• Raps getting f’d up again.
                            Nvrmnd, they have the 905 2nd line on benchl on back to backs. The 905 1st line was our bench last night, so they’re starting.
                            Our starters from last night are on load management! Lol
                            EMTEE
                            __________________________________________________ ____________________________

"It makes you realize that you're not only playing for the guys in the room with you now,
                            but the guys who have been there before."
                            (Jonathan Toews)

Titleist 910D3 9.5
                            Titleist 913F 15*
                            Titleist 913H 19*
                            Titleist 910H 21*

Bridgestone J36 PC 5-PW Project X 5.0
                            Titleist Vokey 52°-08- 56°-06, 60°-08
                            Betti BB1

Comment

• Originally posted by Emtee View Post
                              Raps getting f’d up again.
                              Nvrmnd, they have the 905 2nd line on benchl on back to backs. The 905 1st line was our bench last night, so they’re starting.
                              Our starters from last night are on load management! Lol
                              Eight bodies including another G league pick up. Maybe they're not paid enough.

Comment

• Meanwhile…

Home
                                Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5*
                                TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP 21*
                                Ping G425 5-U
                                Titleist SM6 58*
                                Ping 2021 Anser 2

Away
                                TaylorMade R9 SuperTri 10.5*
                                TaylorMade R9 5 wood
                                Ping G25 5-W