Collapse

2024 Blue Jays

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

I assume you’re referring to Varsho on 3rd. He must of had a brain fart.
    I don’t think he got a great read on the hit, even Buck stated it was caught by the 3rd baseman but it was the shortstop.
    Maybe if indeed the 3rd baseman fields that he goes.
    Looked like a 50/50 call to me.
    Ping G410 Plus
    Ping G410 3W
    Ping G400 7W or 3H
    Ping G400 4H
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

I don’t think he got a great read on the hit, even Buck stated it was caught by the 3rd baseman but it was the shortstop.
      Maybe if indeed the 3rd baseman fields that he goes.
      Looked like a 50/50 call to me.
      They are playing back . . . means you go on contact (ground) . . . oh well it didn't cost . . .
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

They are playing back . . . means you go on contact (ground) . . . oh well it didn't cost . . .
        3rd baseman wasn’t that deep and the ball was hit pretty sharply, I think Varsho read it as being hit to the 3rd baseman, even Buck said that.

I think it was a judgement call, 3rd baseman fields that and he’s DOA at the plate.
        Ping G410 Plus
        Ping G410 3W
        Ping G400 7W or 3H
        Ping G400 4H
        Ping G400 5 - UW
        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

3rd baseman wasn’t that deep and the ball was hit pretty sharply, I think Varsho read it as being hit to the 3rd baseman, even Buck said that.

I think it was a judgement call, 3rd baseman fields that and he’s DOA at the plate.
          He is going hard to his left. If he takes a chance to turn around and throw home it is a very, very hard play. Anyway, the call was go on contact, that is what you do.
          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Tonight’s 5-4 Jays’ win over the Yankees highlighted the importance of defence and situational awareness in winning games. The plays that stood out for me were: Schneider’s and Varsho’s diving catches in left; Clement’s critical charge to and catch of a hot shot to the left side, and his immediate throw to first; Vladdy deflecting a high line drive, which K-F grabbed and threw to Kikuchi, who was alertly covering first; Clement’s crafty slide into 3rd to avoid the tag; Shneider’s perfect throw to Jansen, which should have eliminated the player on his way to the plate, except for Jansen dropping the ball. These plays, along with great pitching and some timely hits, ensured tonight’s victory.
            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• I realize it is only a few innings in but to me Gausman is a lot sharper today, would only give him 5 at most.

Comment

• It was obviously too early to bring Swanson into a high leverage situation. Sadly, Mayza didn't have a similar excuse. Arrrggg. That's baseball.
                Last edited by mpare; Apr 17, 2024, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Nice to win a series against a good team.

Ping G410 Plus
                  Ping G410 3W
                  Ping G400 7W or 3H
                  Ping G400 4H
                  Ping G400 5 - UW
                  Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                  Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                    It was obviously too early to bring Swanson into a high leverage situation. Sadly, Mayza didn't have a similar excuse. Arrrggg. That's baseball.
                    True, but it's also why they needed to sign one more high leverage reliever in the off season..... That was Jordan Hicks game last August/September.

Comment

It was obviously too early to bring Swanson into a high leverage situation. Sadly, Mayza didn't have a similar excuse. Arrrggg. That's baseball.
                      Hard to be too critical of the pitching this early season as its been very good overall and luckily so as this team has struggled at the plate. The pitching being strong is the only thing that has kept the team from being deep in the cellar
                      Last edited by Weirfan; Apr 18, 2024, 07:17 AM.
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• I agree. I was simply venting. That's why I tempered my comment by noting "That's baseball."

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Hard to be too critical of the pitching this early season as its been very good overall and luckily so as this team has struggled at the plate. The pitching being strong is the only thing that has kept the team from being deep in the cellar

Comment

I did find it odd that Romano and Swanson were ready to be activated at exactly the same time.

Seems they figured Romano and Swanson at 80% was the better option. Green not being available didn’t help either.
                          Ping G410 Plus
                          Ping G410 3W
                          Ping G400 7W or 3H
                          Ping G400 4H
                          Ping G400 5 - UW
                          Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                          Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

I did find it odd that Romano and Swanson were ready to be activated at exactly the same time.

Seems they figured Romano and Swanson at 80% was the better option. Green not being available didn’t help either.
                            That's a good point, how was the kid they sent don't pitching?

Comment

• Another win last night. Phenomenal catch by Varsho in left centre. Turner is worth every dollar he’s paid and more.

Comment

Phenomenal catch by Varsho in left centre.

It's been quite a week for Varsho. You can bet Atkins & Shapiro have been been doing their fair share of fist pumping & high fiving.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X