2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

Originally posted by mrusse01 View Post
    No way. Gus is a UFA this off-season, I can't fathom Burke re-signing him....I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the NHL next year.
    He might not be with us, but he will still be in the nhl... I'm sure there are a few GM's out there keeping an eye on him.
    Ping G30/TFC
    X2Hot/Accra
    Speedline Classic 20*/V2
    G10/TFC
    CB2 6-GW/KBS
    Vokey SM4 54*, 58*/Spinners
    A011067

Comment

Originally posted by Bwadd View Post
      He might not be with us, but he will still be in the nhl... I'm sure there are a few GM's out there keeping an eye on him.
      I would agree -put Gus on a team that has some semblance of defense and he could develop into a fine goalie IMO. He has a nice athletic form and, when he is on his game, some flare.

Titleist Bags
      Ping G15 Driver 10.5
      Ping G25 3 Wood 15
      Ping G25 Hybrid 20
      Ping G25 Hybrid 23
      Ping I25 4-PW Steel
      Titleist SM4 50/54/58 Degree
      Scotty Cameron Tel3 OR
      Ping Anser (Original)
      Bushnell Z6

Comment

Originally posted by tasker View Post
        I would agree -put Gus on a team that has some semblance of defense and he could develop into a fine goalie IMO. He has a nice athletic form and, when he is on his game, some flare.
        He'd be a backup

Comment

Originally posted by homerj297 View Post
          you have to wonder where Burke's priorities are ..... are they to protect his buddy (who's clearly in over his head) or with the organization who is paying him alot of $$ to win.
          Burke and Wilson may be (have been?) friends, but I'm absolutely certain that Burke understands his job, and his responsibilities to his bosses and shareholders.

His background with Wilson may mean that he trusts Wilson more than a stranger, and knows what he's capable of (or was capable of).

I could see him giving Wilson extra time to turn things around, but that will only stretch so far before he has to act in his own (and the organization's) best interest.

He's at a very high level - GM and President. He's smart and well educated. He's not going to do anything wrong to help a friend. And don't forget - Burke inherited Wilson, he's never hired him...
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

I am a die heart Leaf fan...but listening on radio today (590) and some Leaf fans are nuts....one guy wanted to trade Gus & Connolly to Dallas for Ott and Leightenon (spelt wrong), luckily the radio guy asked him why would Dallas want to do this...not to mention the numerous suggestions for a trade for Nash...opposite of Philly63 who wanted to trade way to much, these people wanted to trade a bunch of dog poop for Nash.
            BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
            Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
            There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

I heard that as well, I just shook my head that someone would actually believe a trade like that was possible.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post
                I am a die heart Leaf fan...but listening on radio today (590) and some Leaf fans are nuts....one guy wanted to trade Gus & Connolly to Dallas for Ott and Leightenon (spelt wrong), luckily the radio guy asked him why would Dallas want to do this...not to mention the numerous suggestions for a trade for Nash...opposite of Philly63 who wanted to trade way to much, these people wanted to trade a bunch of dog poop for Nash.
                It's the same in Calgary. Everyone wants change, but they think you can give away a bag of pucks and get a franchise player. Calgary and T.O are in the same position. Very unlikely a blockbuster deal will go down. Calgary has a bunch of overpaid B-class players with no-trade clauses and Toronto has a bunch over underperformers that no one else would have much interest in.

Even 1st round draft picks won't get much return with 2012 shaping up to be a less than stellar draft class.
                Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag
                Driver- Titleist 910 D2 9.5 w/ GD Tour AD DI-6
                3 wood- Titleist 910F 15* w/ Accra Dymatch S3 M4
                Hybrid- Titleist 910H 19* w/ Accra XH 105 M4
                Irons- Mizuno MP-30 4-PW
                Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5's Black Raw 52,56,60
                Putter- Bettinardi BB1

Comment

Interesting factoid.

In three of his four years as Maple Leafs GM, JFJ had more points than Burke has had in any Leafs season yet.

Comment

True, but he inherited a much better team.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                      True, but he inherited a much better team.
                      And screwed us in the process...
                      Ping G30/TFC
                      X2Hot/Accra
                      Speedline Classic 20*/V2
                      G10/TFC
                      CB2 6-GW/KBS
                      Vokey SM4 54*, 58*/Spinners
                      A011067

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                        I hope they upgrade a bit and get a new coach.
                        I think the Leafs are going to battle the Habs and Columbus in the draft lottery pick for #1
                        They had better not plan a pre-draft celebration (Sundin, 62 Leafs - who's next Gord Stellick - oh yeah he never attended the draft when he was GM), cuz we know how the post-celebration activity has turned out....

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                          I think the Leafs are going to battle the Habs and Columbus in the draft lottery pick for #1
                          They had better not plan a pre-draft celebration (Sundin, 62 Leafs - who's next Gord Stellick - oh yeah he never attended the draft when he was GM), cuz we know how the post-celebration activity has turned out....
                          com'on guys that 1st pick belongs to us(Oil)..

Comment

Originally posted by MannyR View Post
                            Interesting factoid.

In three of his four years as Maple Leafs GM, JFJ had more points than Burke has had in any Leafs season yet.
                            Did JFJ have the cap to contend with the whole time? The Leafs used to buy a playoff spot.

I thought the cap was a great idea to save the sport. Now I'm not so sure. The small market teams used to be able to take a run at a cup before selling off their assets. At least there was no minimum cap for them. The big market teams could shoot themselves in the foot year after year by over-paying for free agents.

And all the while Detroit has been good in both eras. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post
                              Seriously...when did Nash become one of the leagues elite superstars

+1

Isn't Nash just a bigger, slower version of Kessel?
                              What's in the Bag?
                              Driver: TaylorMade M1, Diamana White 70X
                              FW Wood: Callaway Alpha 816 3W, HZRDUS Yellow 70X
                              Hybrid: Titleist 917 H2, AD-DI 105X
                              Irons: TaylorMade PSI Tour 4-PW, Nippon Modus Tour 120
                              Wedges: Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
                              Putter: SC Select Newport 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by 4Joshua View Post
                                +1

Isn't Nash just a bigger, slower version of Kessel?
                                Take Nash over Kessel any day..

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X