• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
    >>>
    Mike Weir turns 50 on May 12, 2020.
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Can't stand the guy.

Comment

I caddied in Ames' group back in the 2003 Canadian Open Pro-Am at HGCC and he was anything but standoffish and flippant. He engaged the whole group, gave them tips on shots to hit, told jokes, and was extremely personable. His caddy at the time (not sure if it is the same guy or not) was as well. Was this a show for the group because they paid $xxxx to play in this? Perhaps. Was it a show because it's his home event? Again, maybe. I have nothing but good things to say about the guy. He signed a golf ball for all of the caddies (15 y.o. and under kids) and even gave me a generic Nike headcover off of his 3wd at the end of the round. You want an unpersonable Canadian pro? Paging Mike Weir and David Morland III. Both of them are grade A jerks that think they are best thing that has ever touched a golf club.

I've heard so many stories about Weir I could write a book. Especially to kids. Morland was just plain old grumpy when I was in his group (again 2003). I will give him a slight pass as his round was in the crapper --- but still, he was quite disinterested in anyone really and ignored fans routing for him just for the fact it was his home event.

Comment

There is a Mike Weir thread in here somewhere or maybe in the old forum where he was getting trashed by many.
        I've seen him a few times at events and Pearson Int'l...he is so aloof and stand offish....and this is Canada....I can only imagine what spectators outside of Canada would think of him.

Just because he's a Canuck .......doesn't mean we need to like him.
        Speaking of Canucks...I live in Vancouver and don't like the LOSER Canucks....ok....I'm a Toronto/Ontario transplant....though I like the BC Lions and Hamilton Ti-Cats and hate the Argos.

I like the Maple Leafs and Tie Domi RULES!

Comment

Stephen Ames shot a first-round 63 and shares the lead at the Chubb Classic.
          PGA TOUR Champions Live Leaderboard 2024 Mitsubishi Electric Classic, Duluth - Golf Scores and Results

https://www.pgatour.com/champions/da...t-8-under.html
          Stephen Ames, 31-32 – 63 (-8)
          • Ames aced the 141-yard 12th hole with a 9-iron. It was his third hole-in-one on PGA TOUR Champions, and it was the first this season on Tour.
          • This is the first time he has been a first-round leader/co-leader on PGA TOUR Champions, and his 8-under 63 is his best first-round score.
          • He has one win (2017 Mitsubishi Electric Classic) and is one of 15 players who have won on the PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions and Web.com Tour.
          • He played in Sunday’s final pairing at all three Charles Schwab Cup Playoffs events in 2018. He posted finishes of T15-T3-T5 and was 21st in the final Charles Schwab Cup standings.
          • He has three top-20 finishes in four previous starts at the Chubb Classic, and his best was T15 last year.
          Jay Haas bettered his age (65) for the first time on the Champions Tour with a first-round 64.

Hale Irwin, 73, opened with a 1-under 70, the 40th time he has shot/bettered his age. A two-time champion of the Chubb Classic (1997, 2002), Irwin shot/bettered his age five times last year and he is the Tour’s all-time leader in that category.
          http://golfcanada.ca/article/canadas...champions-lead
          Last edited by sjmcampbell; Feb 16, 2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Great round SA !
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Stephen is in a three-way tie for the lead at -11 (63, 68) going into the third and final round.

Comment

Stephen is in a three-way tie for the lead at -11 (63, 68) going into the third and final round.
                Go Stephen !
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

He needed a birdie on the 18th to make the playoff, but hit a bunker and bogied it instead.

A good effort overall and a T6 finish.

Comment

He needed a birdie on the 18th to make the playoff, but hit a bunker and bogied it instead.

He needed to go 1 under in the last 5 for the W, too bad he went 2 over. It's not an easy game.
                    Last edited by Bern; Feb 17, 2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

17th was his chance to tie for the lead. He only had 223 for his second shot on a par 5 and could not birdie the hole. He did make a good putt to save par on 16.

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post

17th was his chance to tie for the lead. He only had 223 for his second shot on a par 5 and could not birdie the hole. He did make a good putt to save par on 16.
                        A double and two bogies on the back all said and done, a bit of a collapse.

Comment

I checked the score and was very disappointed in his 4th round. Too bad, but he got himself in the mix.

Comment

Congrats to Stephen for winning the Mitsubishi Electric Classic yesterday. This is his second win of the season (He also won the Trophy Hassan II in February). That leaves him fourth in the Schwab Cup list with $729,414.

Comment

Stephen just picked up his third win of the year at the Principal Charity Classic. That should move him into second place in the season standings behind Steve Stricker.

Comment

That's an awesome season. Congrats Stephen.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X