Brooke Henderson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brooke Henderson

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
    I had forgotten about that. Makes you wonder why anyone skips these events...
    Aren't most of them invitationals? I thought only full field events had to draw from the rankings list.

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
      Aren't most of them invitationals? I thought only full field events had to draw from the rankings list.
      No, the Asian Swing events draw the from the current-year money list (essentially top 45-85ish depending on the event and who decides to skip), along with a number from each host tour. Plus a number of sponsor exemptions (who do not earn official money, even if they are current LPGA members).

Tony listed the event-specific numbers here: http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2016/...ing-field.html
      Last edited by sjmcampbell; Oct 10, 2016, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
        Expenses are paid for the limited field events on both Asia swings.
        The gals even have their biz class fare paid for.

FWIW...IMG is responsible for the Asia swing production.
        I had no idea that was the case. It's another great perk for the players to go, as then winnings go right to the bank account. Flights aren't cheap, and rooms too, I would guess are included, and probably booked, so you only have to concentrate on golf and making sure your caddie is on the same flights.

Comment

Brooke IMHO has had just an outstanding year and still has a number of events to play, but with all the travel Im sure she will get tired, and perhaps her play might slide a bit, but then again I can't remember the energy I had at 18 as that's a longgggg time ago.

I think most might agree that having your best friend and travel partner on the bag has really worked out best for both. I for one, was on the fence, but the more I saw her play and how they each (it seems) just enjoying being with each others is just amazing to see. Seeing the world with your best friend, and playing the game you love, has to make this year so very special.

Can we take a guess what Brittany might do? Is being with your sister all the time a good thing? I guess time will tell. It's been a great ride for us fans too.

Comment

According to Amy Rogers, LPGA reporter, reporting on Twitter, Brooke has withdrawn from the TOTO JAPAN CLASSIC, the last tournament of the Asian Swing.

Comment

From Golf News Now:

"Henderson’s T3 finish at the Fubon LPGA Taiwan Championship on Sunday was her third consecutive top 10 and brought her season total on tour to 14 in 26 events, including two victories, one a major championship at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship. That’s the most on the LPGA Tour this season and accounts for 54 per cent of her finishes this year. As she patched together a LPGA schedule before earning tour membership last year, Henderson had four top 10s, two of them at majors and one at her first tour victory at the Cambia Portland Classic. Her career total so far is 19 top 10s in 49 events, or just under 39 per cent. Three of Henderson’s top-10s this year came in five major championship appearances and last year she had two top 10s in four majors. That gives her a 60 per cent top-10 percentage this year and 55.5 per cent in majors over the past two seasons since she turned professional … Henderson, fourth in the world rankings, also leads the tour with 393 birdies and is third on the money list with $1,632,409 … "

According to Amy Rogers, LPGA reporter, reporting on Twitter, Brooke has withdrawn from the TOTO JAPAN CLASSIC, the last tournament of the Asian Swing.
              A week off before Mexico and the Tour Championship is a good idea, since she has a real shot at the CME Globe $1 million and there is no break before then. Also, she has been to Japan before (World Amateurs a few years ago).
              Last edited by sjmcampbell; Oct 11, 2016, 04:54 AM.

Comment

-2(70) and T12 for Brooke in 1st round in Korea. Stats show putter was working but missed some greens. If she can reduce the bogies she will be up the leaderboard. GO Brooke!

Comment

Originally posted by txman View Post
                  -2(70) and T12 for Brooke in 1st round in Korea. Stats show putter was working but missed some greens. If she can reduce the bogies she will be up the leaderboard. GO Brooke!
                  Unfortunately Brooke had a not so good 2nd round of 73 which leaves her T24 going into the W/E.
                  Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

One thing about the asian swing when you watch on TV they show lots more play of the leaders than just the higher ranked players. Such as it is, Brooke gets paired with Lydia tonight with an 8:40 tee time. It will be on the golf channel at 11:30, which should be around the time the Jays/Indians game ends

Comment

Brooke has had a rough round 3 today. +7 with one hole to play. Gotta be something wrong as she has not played this poorly since she turned pro. Hope tomorrow is better.

Finished the round with a bird so is only +6. Good way the finish a bad round.

Comment

Originally posted by txman View Post
                        Brooke has had a rough round 3 today. +7 with one hole to play. Gotta be something wrong as she has not played this poorly since she turned pro. Hope tomorrow is better.Finished the round with a bird so is only +6. Good way the finish a bad round.
                        Definitely looks like she could use some rest, not her usual self for sure.
                        Now T60 and +5, that's 18 strokes behind the leader Alison Lee.
                        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                          Definitely looks like she could use some rest, not her usual self for sure.
                          Now T60 and +5, that's 18 strokes behind the leader Alison Lee.
                          Looking at stats it has been missed greens and her putter( esp rnd 3) that is giving her trouble. Oh well nearly seasons end and she should get some rest before Mexico and the CME as I understand she is not playing the TOTO Classic in Japan.

Comment

Everyone at some point in golf has to hit the proverbal wall... I wouldn't be concerned. Speith, Day, Dustin have all missed cuts when they've been on there impressive streaks.
                            Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                            Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                            Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                            Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                            Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                            Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                            Ping Hoofer

Comment

A disappointing result perhaps, but she still comes away with $5,700. Hopefully she will put it behind her and move on.

Comment

I watched very little of this tournament but with Brooke's stats being average other than putting with 120. That stat can be deceiving as if your not hitting it close to the pin then 3 putts are likely to happen. it seems Brooke wasn't in any bunkers this week which is probably quite rare.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X