Collapse

Brooke Henderson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brooke Henderson

Just too many bogies this week to be in contention on a course playing quite easily. Hopefully she gets things straightened out and can get a top 10 again.

Comment

Good round today but too far back to reach #1 spot. Some tournament when -18 is 13th position.

An observation-not much activity here this year as compared to last year. Are our expectations not being met or is Brooke old news? She will put 4 good rounds together shortly in the near future I am sure!

Comment

Originally posted by txman View Post
        Good round today but too far back to reach #1 spot. Some tournament when -18 is 13th position.

An observation-not much activity here this year as compared to last year. Are our expectations not being met or is Brooke old news? She will put 4 good rounds together shortly in the near future I am sure!
        Last year, and the year before, Brooke was an absolute phenomenon. Every week I'd check out the LPGA leaderboard and see a Canadian flag right up near the top.

This year? Not so much. She's fallen back and hasn't really gotten herself into contention very much.

No disrespect to her: It's hard out there and the other ladies are very good. I still check the leaderboard, but there hasn't been nearly as much to get excited about this year.

So far....
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Four rounds in the sixties this weekend and still finishes 13th. That's tough competition.

Comment

Her first round left her well back and she never caught up. That has happened a lot this year and even the last part of the past season.

On the LPGA, there are always several of the players who will go low all 4 days. For the most part, one so-so day and you are struggling to get in the top 10
            Driver: Cobra F8+ with Chrome Elements 6F4
            3 wood: Cobra F6 with Chrome Elements 6F4
            5 wood Cobra F7
            4 thru GW - Callaway Apex CF16
            56 and 60 - Cleveland RTX 3 CB
            Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Fastback
            Bag: Callaway Org 14 Cart Bag

Comment

That's because Hadwin is stealing the Canadian Princess's thunder.

Once Brooke wins again...she'll get all the chatter back.

Have you guys notice that Brooke has been changing putters frequently this year...I'm counting 3 changes.

Comment

shes the best! she's the best for reviving interest in Canadian golf. No one gets dollars into registers quicker than tween girls and moms.

go Brooke go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                  That's because Hadwin is stealing the Canadian Princess's thunder.

Once Brooke wins again...she'll get all the chatter back.

Have you guys notice that Brooke has been changing putters frequently this year...I'm counting 3 changes.
                  Im a fan of Brooke as it's been such long time since we have had a woman have an opportunity to be a contender in almost every time she tee's it up.
                  Saying that she had a few flaws in her game, and one of them is making too many bogies in a week. Remember last year she set a record for birdies made, although she did play the largest number of events on tour. I think if you watch all the top Koreans play, and how they putt that puts a lot of pressure on your flat stick. For someone this young I don't believe having to change putters this much is a good thing, but it is what it is and I'll be checking scores and hoping to see her in all the televised events.

GO Brooke!!!
                  Last edited by Johnrw; Mar 21, 2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I think it's great to see Adam doing so well and he deserves all the attention he is getting. The man shot a 59, won a tournament , is in the top 10 of Fedex and is playing in the Masters !

Unless he does something crazy like win a major , I think Brooke remains the star and current face of golf in Canada. I also think that comparatively speaking over the short and long term she is going to do better on the Women's tour that Adam will on the men's. ( I'd like to see them both be at the top)

I think Brooke is having a bit of an off start, having some trouble with the putter but will sort it out. She's too good and IMO will be in the winner's circle again and probably win another major or 2.

It's hard to be on top of your game each and every week and it's a tough grind out there especially when she might not have her best. Plus she spoiled us with such a great season last year that out
                    R expectations are sky high for her.

is it just me or does it look like she's gained some weight since last season?
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I believe she used a vault anser, her old pink mallet and a Sigma G for her last tournament. Seems like she can't find a fit. Hopefully having her Dad with her for instruction will get things back on track.

Brooke has new wedges and irons as well. Perhaps that could impacting her game if the ball is reacting differently off the face.

Comment

Brooke has new wedges and irons as well. Perhaps that could impacting her game if the ball is reacting differently off the face.
                        Did Brooke change to the iBlades?...the Ping website still indicates i200's

Comment

Did Brooke change to the iBlades?...the Ping website still indicates i200's
                          The I200 irons came out in Dec/16. Brooke switched to them as soon as they were released. They are new to what she used last year. Her wedges are the new super groove ones that Ping introduced recently.
                          Check her twitter acct for pics of her new tools.

Comment

Originally posted by sdavis33 View Post
                            Her first round left her well back and she never caught up. That has happened a lot this year and even the last part of the past season.
                            It looks like the oddsmakers are starting to notice this.

They are giving her odds between 25-1 and 28-1 to win but no lower than 35-1 (one place is offering 40-1) for her to be First Round Leader.

There is an expectation that she could be in the general mix though -- 5-1/15-2 for a Top 5 and 12-5/10-3 for Top 10.

Comment

Ok I admit Im in full panic mode, +4 thru 5

Comment

I think Brooke is on her 4th putter this year...the Sigma G mallet.

Wie also dumped the Toulon and Ko is back to her 2 ball putter.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X