Brooke Henderson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brooke Henderson

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
    She needs to "dance with them what brung ya".

That is... get back to using whatever putter(s?) gave her enough game to win a tournament, get her card and win a major.

No more mucking about searching for an answer that's right there.
    Would that be a Ping Anser Putter.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by sikoram View Post
      This is where a professional, tour tested caddie would help the cause. Sis isn't cutting it IMHO. Must be a few available.
      I agree with this, in fact I'll go out on a limb and say her sister will not be there by the end of the season. She needs professional help out on the course, granted she did well with her and won a major, but times are a changing and my gut tells me there will be a change.
      OK, Tell me I'm out to lunch, but guess what I started this thread when, almost four years ago..
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

A third-round 69 leaves Brooke in T43. Teeing off at 10:21am (1:21pm EDT) today with Jing Yan.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
          I agree with this, in fact I'll go out on a limb and say her sister will not be there by the end of the season. She needs professional help out on the course, granted she did well with her and won a major, but times are a changing and my gut tells me there will be a change.
          OK, Tell me I'm out to lunch, but guess what I started this thread when, almost four years ago..
          Okay, I definitely have to give you props for starting this thread. I'd never heard of her back then, and this thread got me paying attention to her and now I'm a huge fan. Got me watching about as much LPGA as PGA TBH.

However, I disagree about the caddie.

As with the putter, she had great success with sis on the bag. She was not the problem and may have been key to Brooke's success.

It's not like Weisy with her dad on the bag. Brittany is a pro golfer herself. Making it to the Symetra tour (she finished 49th in 2015), being named Big South Women's Golfer of the Year in 2013... she knows about competition, pressure and.... golf.

Isn't that about as much pro success as any of the other caddies?

They also seem to have had a really close relationship, which helps too. Has that soured?
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

Once a rising star, reaching #2 in the Rolex World rankings, she is now 13th and unless she goes low today, may drop even further, so her star is obviously falling. Why?

Some have speculated as to what should be done, but I am curious as to what changes others actually SEE in her game, that have lead to her overall decline.

The constant changing of putters, as has been mentioned, is one, indicating perhaps a lack of confidence and a search for that magic flatstick which we know does not exist.

Other changes?

Comment

After just making cut Brooke played a good weekend .....shot a 68 today and should end up around 15th
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                Once a rising star, reaching #2 in the Rolex World rankings, she is now 13th and unless she goes low today, may drop even further, so her star is obviously falling.
                Are you serious? Do you expect her to win or have a top 10 every week? She is 13th in the world!! Are you telling me Jason Day or Jordan Speith are washed up as well since they have missed a couple of cuts lately. Come back to reality.

Hopefully she realizes that playing the pro game is a long term goal, and shouldn't be worried about the odd week off or even a month off. If at the end of the season she has bottomed out, then big changes are in store, but is one of best in the world right now, so enjoy the ride and the results. There is going to be good weeks and bad weeks, all golfers have them.

Done with my rant...

Comment

Originally posted by Feherty Fan View Post
                  Are you serious? Do you expect her to win or have a top 10 every week? She is 13th in the world!! Are you telling me Jason Day or Jordan Speith are washed up as well since they have missed a couple of cuts lately. Come back to reality.

Hopefully she realizes that playing the pro game is a long term goal, and shouldn't be worried about the odd week off or even a month off. If at the end of the season she has bottomed out, then big changes are in store, but is one of best in the world right now, so enjoy the ride and the results. There is going to be good weeks and bad weeks, all golfers have them.

Done with my rant...
                  Thank you, I was thinking the same thing, but was unable to express myself without resorting to just expletives.

Comment

A good tourney for Brooke. Proud of her as always. To her naysayers and unbelievably doom and gloomers predicting her early demise... She's 19 and coming to grips with the reality of playing top golf. Some days are up and some suck. BUT, through it all handle it with grace and aplomb. Who gives a sheet about her choices of putters. Arnold Palmer did alright and he was forever changing his. Keep going Brooke.
                    "I never answer the phone; there maybe someone on the other end!" Fred Couples

Comment

Originally posted by gatsby View Post
                      A good tourney for Brooke. Proud of her as always. To her naysayers and unbelievably doom and gloomers predicting her early demise... She's 19 and coming to grips with the reality of playing top golf. Some days are up and some suck. BUT, through it all handle it with grace and aplomb. Who gives a sheet about her choices of putters. Arnold Palmer did alright and he was forever changing his. Keep going Brooke.
                      I don't believe there are that many naysayers on this board regarding Brooke. We are allowed to have our thoughts and express them here don't we? I don't believe that changing putters all the time is a good thing. It's very difficult to believe in yourself if your blaming your equipment.

I happened to talk to someone that actually knows Brooke and the family, and in fact had a small hand in her upbringing. He said Brooke's strength has never been her putter, and will hold her back and times. He also said that he believes that all the outside influences that she now has, regarding appearances, could be taking their toll, but those things have a tendency to slow down a bit after the initial whirl wind tours.

Comment

She has earned $159,235 so far this season and it is barely April. That's not so bad.

There are a lot of 19-year-olds in Canada that make less than that. (I know I made less than than when I was 19).

UPDATE: In this week's Rolex Rankings, Brooke is still #13 in the world.
                        Last edited by sjmcampbell; Apr 3, 2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
                          She has earned $159,235 so far this season and it is barely April. That's not so bad.

There are a lot of 19-year-olds in Canada that make less than that. (I know I made less than than when I was 19).

UPDATE: In this week's Rolex Rankings, Brooke is still #13 in the world.
                          Last year Brooke was higher in the rankings and contended in a number of events. I think that teased me, and I guess I expected her to contend a bit more than she has this year. She makes a ton of money by playing very well in round 4, and that helps her overall $$ position. For me I just thought she would be a bit more like Lydia and Aria and Inbee and be closer to the leaders that she has been. After 6 events I don't believe she has been in contention once. Last year at this time still without a win she had make over 325K, so obviously she is not playing as well.

BTW I've never made close to that in one year.
                          SJM I appreciate all that you add to TGN boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
                            Last year Brooke was higher in the rankings and contended in a number of events. I think that teased me, and I guess I expected her to contend a bit more than she has this year. She makes a ton of money by playing very well in round 4, and that helps her overall $$ position. For me I just thought she would be a bit more like Lydia and Aria and Inbee and be closer to the leaders that she has been. After 6 events I don't believe she has been in contention once. Last year at this time still without a win she had make over 325K, so obviously she is not playing as well.
                            Agreed.

Comment

Looking forward to anytime she plays. I always check the leaderboard of the lpga site now. Something I never did before Brooke turned pro. I think I want her to win always but more than that, I would like her to play her great game in the early rounds too and be in contention early and often. In making her Canada's hope on the lpga, there is a tremendous load to tote for a golf crazy country like ours. Anyway, Keep the info coming SJM and John you have insight and knowledge and like me, you hope for the best for her. As does the whole forum and the Golfers of Canada and more than a few Americans as well. Someone to focus on is good when our winters are so dreary and the prospects of golf seem so far away.
                              "I never answer the phone; there maybe someone on the other end!" Fred Couples

Comment

Some post-tournament comments from Brooke, from Flagstick:

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X