No announcement yet.
Collapse

Brooke Henderson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geez, what the heck did Stacy Lewis do to be declared unlikable? I think she's an inspiration to some; she overcame a serious health condition, and now has a baby and is back playing.

Comment

• That seems to be a question you can sort out as to who is voting and who you are asking about comparing a National ICON to just another American pro. Did you vote for Lewis? Maybe next decade eh? Not unlikable just a non entity
      "I never answer the phone; there maybe someone on the other end!" Fred Couples

Comment

• Originally posted by OKHC View Post
        Geez, what the heck did Stacy Lewis do to be declared unlikable? I think she's an inspiration to some; she overcame a serious health condition, and now has a baby and is back playing.
        Yeah, I thought much the same. Her back story is really quite remarkable. A rod and five screws in her spine? Ouch.
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by OKHC View Post
          Geez, what the heck did Stacy Lewis do to be declared unlikable? I think she's an inspiration to some; she overcame a serious health condition, and now has a baby and is back playing.
          Stacy was a sore loser in 2013 in Beijing when she said on Twitter that she didn't like to lose on a lucky shot (Shanshan's 2nd shot on the par 5 18th in the final rd). Shortly afterwards, Lewis suspended/deleted her Twitter post and account knowing she sounded like a whiner.

Lewis often has a Pouty Face....looking at her club or divot looking like she's putting blame on her club or ground vs. accepting it was a lousy swing.

Her continual whining that women should be playing for the same money as the guys. Hello McFly...Stacy...you're a finance and accounting grad from the U. of Arkansas and you don't understand ROI????....when the gals can produce the attention and fanfare of the PGA tour and men's golf....then they too can play for equal money.

Rather than complaining...why not spend more time and conduct some research/analysis in S. Korea and Japan where women's golf is more popular than men's golf and use your findings to help improve the exposure of women's golf in the US and other parts of the world.
          I believe the purses on the KLPGA & JLPGA tours exceed the money available on the men's golf tours in S. Korea and Japan.
          Attendance to KLPGA and JLPGA events are also high and very respectable.
          In 2019....the KLPGA and JLPGA consisted of 32 and 39 tournaments, respectively.

Comment

• Still Lewis has had a far superior decade to that of Henderson? And that doesn't sound whiny at all, more competitive then anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSGolf View Post
              Still Lewis has had a far superior decade to that of Henderson? And that doesn't sound whiny at all, more competitive then anything.
              In the past decade.
              Lewis (12 LPGA wins including 2 majors) >> The Canadian Princess (9 LPGA wins with 1 major).

But this is a popularity contest......Inbee is clearly the winner without the need of a vote.
              USA has 9 times the population of Canada....Brooke wins in a landslide....I guess the Yanks also concur with me...Lewis isn't likable.

Comment

• Today is the vote for Brooke vs Lexi Thompson GO Brooke.... (Be popular lol)
                "I never answer the phone; there maybe someone on the other end!" Fred Couples

Comment

• Originally posted by gatsby View Post
                  Today is the vote for Brooke vs Lexi Thompson GO Brooke.... (Be popular lol)
                  Done! Currently 69% - 31% in Brooke's favour, which surprises me.
                  ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Done! Currently 69% - 31% in Brooke's favour, which surprises me.
                    Link ? To vote
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Link ? To vote
                      I had trouble finding it.

This link works for this specific poll: https://www.lpga.com/news/2019-pod-b...-suggs-preview

The voting is via Twitter, the easy route might be to just go to LPGA twitter feed and scroll a bit. It's also under #LPGAPlayerOfTheDecade. Maybe I just suck at twitter, but it was harder to find than I would have expected.
                      ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I had trouble finding it.

This link works for this specific poll: https://www.lpga.com/news/2019-pod-b...-suggs-preview

The voting is via Twitter, the easy route might be to just go to LPGA twitter feed and scroll a bit. It's also under #LPGAPlayerOfTheDecade. Maybe I just suck at twitter, but it was harder to find than I would have expected.
                        Thanks, not a Twitter user
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Thanks, not a Twitter user
                          Well.... this is God's way of telling you you should be!

What's the harm? I read/follow a handful of interesting things and people. I've don't Tweet myself. I've nothing much of interest to say, as you should be well aware...
                          ...Iggy

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	EMAQKI2XsAMp3bT?format=jpg&name=small.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.7 KB ID:	3077410

Brooke won 68% of the 2273 votes.

Yani Tseng also advanced over Jin Young Ko.

Brooke vs. Yani voting (as well as Inbee vs.Lydia) will be on Jan 1-2.

Comment

• Geez, what the heck did Stacy Lewis do to be declared unlikable? I think she's an inspiration to some; she overcame a serious health condition, and now has a baby and is back playing.

How about donating every cent she won in the Houston open to the flood relief fund. she might not smile as much as others so that makes her a bad person?

Im a fan of Brooke too, but I think realistically Lexi had a better decade. Its no big deal as it is a popularity contest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
                                Im a fan of Brooke too, but I think realistically Lexi had a better decade. Its no big deal as it is a popularity contest.
                                Lexi has had a win for 7 consecutive seasons. Brooke has had two wins every year of her career except the first (and that year she had one win but only played part of the season, and had a Symetra win). Both are pretty impressive accomplishments.

UPDATE:
                                What’s Next?

Over the next two weeks, LPGA.com will shine a spotlight on the four players - Park, Ko, Tseng and Henderson - who qualified for the LPGA Player of the Decade Final Foursome, with feature stories and highlight videos of their careers. Voting will resume at noon Eastern Time on Jan. 1, 2020 and continue until noon Eastern Time on Jan. 3, 2020. Fan voting results on the LPGA Player of the Decade Final Foursome will be announced on Jan. 3 and voting on the final match up to name the LPGA Player of the Decade will get underway on Jan. 6. The winner, as voted on by the fans, will be revealed on Jan. 10.
                                Who Qualified?  In order to determine the 16 players for the LPGA Player of the Decade bracket, a range of criteria was developed. Here are the accom...

Last edited by sjmcampbell; Dec 18, 2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X