X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brook Henderson

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
    http://suncoastladies.bluegolf.com/b...eaderboard.htm

WTF....+136 for 3 days or approx 117 per day by amateur, Mimi Wang.
    At least she didn't W/D....but I bet her playing partners wish she did.

One would think there would be a maximun handicap to play these tournaments.

It cost $350 for a non-member Am to play these events.
    One would think Mimi should stick to the $10......9 hole executive courses......until she can break 90.

I give her credit for finishing. I guess everything was activated!

Comment

The girl is from Taiwan and has only played golf for 7 months and is in the US to go to Annika's Academy to learn the game. It was her first tournament outside her own country, first time in the US and couldn't speak English so she has a lot to learn. A statement has been added to the Tour's information page since this happened this week. "Any player posting a tournament round score of 100 or higher will be cut from the event immediately following that round." There was actually another player that wasn't far behind score wise. I was at the tournament and it was hard to watch and only found out that she didn't speak English when I had to do a ruling with her.

Comment

Brittany Henderson is T6 (-1) after 11 early in the first round of the Symetra Tour Gateway Classic in Arizona: http://www.symetrascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx

Brooke (who is caddying for her sister this week) is starting to flesh out her schedule (as much as she can at this point).
        Despite a competitive schedule that remains filled with question marks, Brooke Henderson is digging the young professional golfer lifestyle.

It would be a shock if she’s not in the field for the two Canadian events — the Manulife Classic in Waterloo and the Canadian Women’s Open in Coquitlam, B.C. She also knows she’s heading to the U.S. Women’s Open in July in Lancaster, Pa., after tying for 10th last year. Henderson will attempt to Monday qualify (she’s 1-for-2 this year) for three upcoming LPGA events — the Founders Cup in Phoenix March 19-22, the Kia Classic in Carlsbad, Calif., March 26-29, and the LPGA Lotte Championship in Hawaii April 15-18.
        When not playing LPGA events, there will be Suncoast Series events and perhaps the Pan Am Games in July.

She is also eligible for 6 sponsor exemptions on the LPGA (the two Canadian events would use up two).

Comment

Brooke is back playing this week on the Suncoast Series at the Deltona Club. After Day 1, she is T4 with a first-round 70 (-2, five birdies and three bogeys). Brittany is two strokes farther back, tied for 6th (72).

Comment

I love that. I hope she does well.

Comment

Another 70 today for Brooke. Tied for 2nd (-4), one stroke back. Brittany is T8 (E).

Comment

Lots of players in the mix at this one. Fun to be able to officiate and see some of this good golf. One of the girls aced the 14th so I guess I had too easy a pin position :-) Should be a real horse race tomorrow. Greens a bit slow and bumpy but they seem to be adjusting. They hold pretty good so pin hunting is in full force. Going to be another hot Florida day for the girls.

Comment

Brooke has a 72 on the final day and finishes 3rd ($1000), one stroke back. Melanie Maetzler beat Yueer Feng in a playoff. Brittany finished 13th ($500).

Comment

Some pretty good golf to watch. Brittany had an unfortunate start with a double right out of the chute. Brooke was leading coming up 17 and 3 jacked and then missed a 12 footer on 18 for the birdie. Conditions were fairly tough with a strong wind but the plus was it was mid 80's. Next week they'll be playing at Black Bear in the SunCoast Tour Championship with $5K going to the winner. Brittany is the defending champion so let's see if we get a repeat.

Comment

Gbower: Thank you for your onsite updates!

Comment

Thanks it's fun trying to keep people back home informed but not too often I'm right with them and just get info from people following them. Good to see them make a few bucks on the mini tour and soon it will be on the big show.

Comment

I was hitting balls today beside Brooke and Brittany. I should probably quit golf. #sidewayspicture
                          Last edited by TaylormadeBomber; May 18, 2015, 06:57 PM.
                          All done club hoeing....maybe

Comment

Iv actually played a round with Brittney. All around solid player

Comment

Originally posted by TaylormadeBomber View Post
                              [ATTACH]65633[/ATTACH] I was hitting balls today beside Brooke and Brittany. I should probably quit golf. #sidewayspicture
                              Nice selfie: Fixed it for you.
                              Last edited by 4underthru9; Apr 17, 2015, 12:11 AM.
                              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                                Nice selfie: Fixed it for you.
                                Lol, thanks man. No data plan/computer down here, I have no idea why it loaded like that
                                All done club hoeing....maybe

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X