No announcement yet.
Collapse

Let's Go Mike Weir- Official thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was the product of knowing how to play the wind. That said, from the video, it appeared that the wind was howling into his face from left to right. I'm impressed that he was able to hit a pitching wedge off the tee to a pin that was 157 away. I'd have been equally impressed if the hole had only been 137 away.

Originally posted by BallerNate View Post

Jeez...that wind was nuts, Lol!! I've played in windy conditions, but that was on a whole other level!

Not to sound like a hater, but it kind of looks like the wind blew the ball into the hole on that video, Lol!!
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
      Mike makes a hole in one in 35MPH winds.

reminds me of golfing at Cabot. The wind, not the hole in one.
      Love ocean courses, the strong Wind makes things interesting and fun. At Bandon we got lucky, mostly just 15-20 mph days but had one very windy day ( 40 mph) on the last hole of Trails , I had to hit a 3wood from 150 yards ( normally that would be a 8/7 iron)

well done Weirssy
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
        That was the product of knowing how to play the wind. That said, from the video, it appeared that the wind was howling into his face from left to right. I'm impressed that he was able to hit a pitching wedge off the tee to a pin that was 157 away. I'd have been equally impressed if the hole had only been 137 away.

Oh for sure, 100%! There’s no doubting Mike Weir’s incredible skill and experience.

I’m shocked he was even Golfing in those conditions…looks like he’s still a die-hard Golf lover like some of us crazy Golf nuts, Lol.
        Last edited by BallerNate; Feb 24, 2024, 10:04 AM.
        Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0
        Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0
        Callaway Rogue ST Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S
        Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid & 58* Mid) / DG Spinner
        Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

Comment

• Originally posted by BallerNate View Post

Oh for sure, 100%! There’s no doubting Mike Weir’s incredible skill and experience.

I’m shocked he was even Golfing in those conditions…looks like he’s still a die-hard Golf lover like some of us crazy Golf nuts, Lol.
          It was a Champion Tour pro am. Might be different but I've seen him at a few Can Open pro ams and he's grinding over every shot with his caddy, dropping balls to hit extra shots/putts and not playing for fun. I've watched him for a couple of holes where he hasn't said a word to his amateur partners, all business.

Comment

• Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

It was a Champion Tour pro am. Might be different but I've seen him at a few Can Open pro ams and he's grinding over every shot with his caddy, dropping balls to hit extra shots/putts and not playing for fun. I've watched him for a couple of holes where he hasn't said a word to his amateur partners, all business.
            Very interesting. A glimpse into the mind of a former Masters Champion.

Yeah, I think for athletes and former Champions of that caliber, they never let go of the chase for Excellence and perfection. Still trying to be the best he can possible be on the Champions Tour...great stuff!
            Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0
            Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0
            Callaway Rogue ST Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S
            Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid & 58* Mid) / DG Spinner
            Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

Comment

• Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
              I've watched him for a couple of holes where he hasn't said a word to his amateur partners, all business.
              Another example why Weir isn't well liked.
              The Am's have paid good money to participate in the proam that day, there's a responsibilty of the pro to 'entertain' and be cordial to the Am's.

I just don't know why so many Canadians like this guy???

Comment

• We need to arrange a round of golf with You, Mike and Brooke so you can express all your hate of them in person
                Last edited by Weirfan; Feb 25, 2024, 09:37 AM.
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Everyone has some friends who are extroverts, and tend to talk more than the average person. Some friends are introverts, who tend to talk less than the average person. We all need to learn to live with both types.

Mike seems to be an enigma: he isn't "well liked", but "so many Canadians like (the) guy". I cheer for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                    We need to arrange a round of golf with You, Mike and Brooke so you can express all your hate of them in person
                    Sounds like a FANTASTIC idea....so while we are on the HATE train....please invite Trudeau.

I don't hate Brooke...I'm just indifferent...I have other fav LPGA pros I'd rather root for.
                    But...if it's Brooke vs other LPGA pro (coming down the stretch for a trophy) I really don't care for....then I'll root for Brooke.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X