No announcement yet.
Collapse

Tiger Woods sued

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's possible that Tiger Woods Ventures own the restaurant. Have a look at this: https://www.thengfq.com/company/tgr-...oods-ventures/.

TGR - Tiger Woods Ventures are all business names of what appears to be Tiger's company, ETW Corp. In that regard, have a look at the bottom of the link to his restaurant which notes the following: "TIGER WOODS, TGR and the Three Triangles Design are trademarks of ETW Corp., dba TGR, Tiger Woods Ventures." https://thewoods.tigerwoods.com/

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
      That would explain it, then. The restaurant owners that I have known all had there businesses owned by corporations for tax and liability reasons. The situation in Florida must be different.

i would suspect that despite the wording of the SI article the ownership is in fact much more complex than that.

Comment

You'll have to be more specific for me to respond to the Westray case. What are you suggesting?

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Slightly different note but I don't think one can state that ^^^ in general terms.
        What about Westray Law in cases of work place injuries and deaths?

Comment

I agree as I noted in my subsequent post.

Originally posted by Richd View Post

i would suspect that despite the wording of the SI article the ownership is in fact much more complex than that.

Comment

You'll have to be more specific for me to respond to the Westray case. What are you suggesting?
            Suggesting that as noted, that stating in general terms that Corporation Owners etc cannot be held responsible, is not necessarily the case here in Canada.

Bill C-45 AKA Westray Law

Bill C-45 is federal legislation that amended the Canadian Criminal Code and became law on March 31, 2004. The Bill established new legal duties for workplace health and safety, and imposed serious penalties for violations that result in injuries or death.

The Bill provided new rules for attributing criminal liability to organizations, including corporations, their representatives and those who direct the work of others.
            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I see your point. I agree with you that sometimes criminal and civil liability can attach to the person, notwithstanding the existence of what some might refer to as a corporate shield. Whether the corporation exists with respect to Tiger's restaurant I do not know. Nor do I know, if it exists, whether, and in what circumstances, the corporate veil can be lifted in Florida to expose the directing mind to liability.

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Suggesting that as noted, that stating in general terms that Corporation Owners etc cannot be held responsible, is not necessarily the case here in Canada.

Bill C-45 AKA Westray Law

Bill C-45 is federal legislation that amended the Canadian Criminal Code and became law on March 31, 2004. The Bill established new legal duties for workplace health and safety, and imposed serious penalties for violations that result in injuries or death.

The Bill provided new rules for attributing criminal liability to organizations, including corporations, their representatives and those who direct the work of others.

Comment

I see your point. I agree with you that sometimes criminal and civil liability can attach to the person, notwithstanding the existence of what some might refer to as a corporate shield. Whether the corporation exists with respect to Tiger's restaurant I do not know. Nor do I know, if it exists, whether, and in what circumstances, the corporate veil can be lifted in Florida to expose the directing mind to liability.

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm only speculating, but I wonder if the circumstances that would lift the corporate veil would include the individual's involvement with the restaurant and the particular situation. Given that Tiger appears to spend a good deal of time at the restaurant, and might be involved with how it's run, and given that Tiger -- according to the claim -- drank with the deceased and allegedly knew he was an alcoholic, I would think that it would be harder for him to distance himself from this.

Of course, my speculation involves details that are in the court filing, and those come from the deceased's family. A good point was made earlier that the inclusion of Tiger in this might be a strategy to motivate a settlement.

Comment

Its hardly an absurdity. The utility of corporations as distinct and separate legal entities has been recognized for a very long time.

I know they have been around for a long time. It is still a legal absurdity

Comment

Why is corporate status a legal absurdity?

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

I know they have been around for a long time. It is still a legal absurdity

Comment

Corporations in Florida with Woods as an officer Officer/Registered Agent Name List

WOODS, ELDRICK T TIGER WOODS DESIGN, INC. P06000086398
                      WOODS, ELDRICK T ETW PROPERTIES, INC. P06000094267
                      WOODS, ELDRICK T GTW CORP. P09000032092
                      WOODS, ELDRICK T ETW CORP. P96000070150
                      WOODS, ELDRICK "TIGER" THE WOODS JUPITER, INC. F14000004834
                      Canada
                      Callaway Epic GBB Accra F 260 M3
                      Titleist TS2 16.5*
                      Taylormade Rescue 22*
                      4-PW Callaway Apex CF16 Accra 90i
                      52* Clevland RTX 4.0
                      56* Cleveland RTX 4.0
                      Scotty Circa 62 # 7 35”

Florida
                      Cobra F6
                      R7 15*
                      Nicket Ironwood 3 Hybrid 20*
                      Srixon Z565 4-G Project X LZ 5.5
                      Vokey 56* 60*
                      Pyramid 34 “

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                        Hearsay and Dismissed IMHO
                        Almost there..... http://hosted.stats.com/multisport/s...94301367559308
                        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I'll drink to that...
                          My game is rubbish with shades of brilliance.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                          X