Collapse

Ryder Cup- Which side are you on?!?!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryder Cup- Which side are you on?!?!

It annoys me that it's not PAN-american VS. Europe. So many good players lost because of that for USA(Vijay Singh etc.).

Personally I love to see the US get their *** handed to them, even though I like some of the players on the team.

I also despise Faldo, but Padriag and the other guys on the EU team are awesome.

So it looks like I'll be supporting Europe, who will you be supporting?
    They call it golf because all other four letter words were taken.
    -
    Raymond Floyd

Re: Ryder Cup- Which side are you on?!?!

I'll be supporting the players I like in each match. The teams ..... waddever.

I could watch Mahan practice on the range for hours. His swing is money.
    Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Being from Ireland, I gotta support Team Europe.
      Whats in The Ping Pioneer Bag

Taylormade M1 10.5 Driver
      Taylormade M1 4 wood

Adsms Idea 3 Hybrid
      Taylormade M2 Tour irons 4-PW
      Titleist SM 51/55/60 Wedges

Taylormade Spider Putter

Comment

Even though I like a few of the American players....I have a soft spot for the Euros. Just like their attitude and personalities alot better. Some kick *** golfers too.
        "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

For me.... Euro's all the way.

After seeing the last one at the K-Club in person, and watching the Euro's hand out a serious can of whoopass, I'd love to see them defend.

...Plus I have a little Irish in me, so that tips the scales.
          MEMBER OF THE 07-09 and 11-16 RYDER CUP

Dans mon sac...
          M2 9.5 w/ Attas 3 8X
          Aeroburner TP 15*w/GD BB
          Aeroburner TP 21HL w/Black Tie 8
          Adams "Murdered" MB2's w/KBS tour black 5-GW
          MD3 Satin 56-60
          Odyssey #7CH "Lucky 777"

Member Club de Golf Cap-Rouge

Comment

I'm a Limey.... Europe all the way.
            My game is rubbish with shades of brilliance.

Comment

I always root for Europe ... though in all honesty, there are far more players on the US team that I like. Maybe that's because they all speak unaccented English.

I'll probably continue to root for Europe, but will be pulling for some individual US players -- Furyk, Mahan, and Mickelson. And I just can't NOT cheer for Boo. He could club his opponent to death with a pitching wedge and he'd still come off as a likeable country boy.

Comment

Well...since Canada is still part of the Commonwealth...and I've had it up to here with the US...Euros all the way.

According to Johnny Miller in the latest Golf Digest...the US will win "easily".

That dolt is gonna eat his words.

Comment

Don't have any strong feeling towards either team....Chances are, I will be flip-floping, depending who is playing against who

I just hope that the contest is close to keep my interest up all the way to the end.

I am also interested to see how the rookies like Kim and Mahan and the unfamiliar Europeans like Oliver Wilson will hold up.

Additionally, I look forward to the sound bites provided by Boo, and the antics that Garcia is gonna pull.

I don't think Tiger will show up, but he might have a one-time con call with the team early in the proceeding.

Comment

I'll be pulling for the Euros, they have more character and class.

Comment

I'll be typically Canadian on this one. I will sit on the fence and applaud the winner.
                      The Ryder Cup is one of the few games I like to watch because of the tension in every match. It's as good as a World Cup match.

Comment

I hope it comes down to the final hole in the last singles match on Sunday.
                        It can make or break a players career.
                        Doesn't matter who wins.
                        Overall want to see close matches and good golf (eagles and birdies).

Comment

Originally posted by colangus
                          It annoys me that it's not PAN-american VS. Europe. So many good players lost because of that for USA(Vijay Singh etc.).
                          Not understanding the logic of that comment. Singh is from Fiji, which is exactly on the other side of the world from the americas. Nowhere near "pan american".

Having said that, a case could be made for there to be a THIRD team, since there are so many good aussies/asians on tour. wouldn't it be interesting if every second time the challenger was from asia instead of europe/usa? just off the top of my head, you would have Vijay, Adam Scott, Aaron Baddely, Stuart Appleby, Jason Day, Imada from Japan, Geoff Ogilvy etc..
                          ** I do not claim responsibility for any of the preceding opinions because I am legally insane - Hombre Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre Lefty
                            Having said that, a case could be made for there to be a THIRD team, since there are so many good aussies/asians on tour. wouldn't it be interesting if every second time the challenger was from asia instead of europe/usa? just off the top of my head, you would have Vijay, Adam Scott, Aaron Baddely, Stuart Appleby, Jason Day, Imada from Japan, Geoff Ogilvy etc..
                            I agree about having more variety of teams. There could be an Asian team; Japan, Australia, India, Pacific Islands, the Americas; everyone but the US, the Europeans, and of course the USA team. A four team event every year would be great, make it a week of golf. Put the top 8 for each team into stroke play the first day, seed them for Pairs competition for the 2nd day and so on.

Comment

GO EURO!!
                              Adams Fast 12ls 9.5 Matrix Code 8X
                              Adams XTD 17 Fubki Alpha S
                              Adams A12 Pro 3 & 4 Matrix Altus S
                              Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW PX 5.5
                              Bridgestone J40 52* PX 5.5
                              Bridgestone J40 56* S400
                              TM Monza Corza #1
                              Bridgestone B330 RX

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews