Collapse

Q school & Ryder cup

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q school & Ryder cup

Interesting week. My fave golf event is always the ryder cup, over any individual event like the majors etc. Opening ceremonies to come and then friday 8-6 we get the event itself.
    Thank god its on espn as i do not get the golf channel. Go Euro's.....rockin the baby blues...

On a secondary note the attempt to get her q school ticket to the lpga for michelle wie is underway. Will she finish top 30 and make it to qualifying in december?
    Probably. As much as nice crash and burn would serve her right, lets be honest, as much new talent and returning pro's, trying to get their card, someone with her experience needing to only make top 30 initially should be a cake walk.
    Her round of -2 today that puts her in 6th place is likely a sign of that to come. Maybe an off round, but probably consistently good enough.

Happy viewing fellow golf nuts!!!!
    Last edited by sharkhark; Sep 16, 2008, 04:18 PM.
    PING CAMO BAG...
    WEAPONS...
    SRIXON ZX5 10.5
    3W TM M2
    HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
    5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
    LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
    3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Re: Q school & Ryder cup

Exciting week for golf thats for sure. The Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup are my favourite sporting events....followed very closly by The Masters. I'll be routing for the Euros and The Man Padraig, along with the 'thorn in the Americans side' Sergio.

As for M. Wie...couldnt agree more with the crash and burn. Kid needs to get it together and choose a path for herself. If your in college...go to school, seems to me theres too much on her plate, and her eyes (managements eyes) are too big for their stomach.
    "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Caught a glimpse of Wie at the sectional qualifying on Golf Central last night. Apparently she also declined an interview request.

I don't remember the last time any sectional qualifying round - be it PGA Tour or LPGA - was being followed by a camera crew.

As far as the Ryder Cup goes, I can't wait to see Valhalla in glorious HD

My cheering would probably be for individual players rather than a team.

Cheering for:
      - Mahan, Kim, Harrington, Holmes

Rooting against:
      - Perry, Poulter

Rooting for and against at the same time depending on the situation and who they play against:
      - Sergio, Casey, Boo, FIGJAM

The rest of them I am neutral....

Comment

Miss Wie is T2 after a solid 2nd round...two more rounds to go

Comment

Originally posted by focal
          Miss Wie is T2 after a solid 2nd round...two more rounds to go

http://www.lpga.com/content/2008MissionHills.html
          Saw that on TGC last night.

Looks like TGC are pi$$ed that she is not granting interview to them. They remarked 'I wonder how her sponsors feel'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry
            Saw that on TGC last night.

Looks like TGC are pi$$ed that she is not granting interview to them. They remarked 'I wonder how her sponsors feel'.
            Good for her. It's nice to see her showing some focus on the tournament.
            Everybody wants a slice of winner - dekker

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X