Collapse

JT and slur

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT and slur

Be interesting if one of the biggest stars on tour will lose any sponsors over his homophobic slur.

He did the right thing, owned up to it, and apologized right away. I think he'll be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
      Be interesting if one of the biggest stars on tour will lose any sponsors over his homophobic slur.
      I know that this is a golf forum, but when I saw the title I thought of our Prime Minister...

Comment

I like watching JT but am shocked that these guys still don’t understand that almost every word coming out of their mouths will be picked up by a mic. As well, I would hope that Jon Rahm’s agent/manager mention to Rahmbo to tame it down, he appears to be overly vocal this week. Just does not come off good when these millionaires whine about a self inflicted poor shot.

Another case these guys need to figure out how to curse under their breath. After 40 years of marriage, I learned rather quickly 🤪.
        - Vessel Cart Bag
        - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
        - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
        - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
        - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
        - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

I watched just a bit of the coverage yesterday and heard him mutter "f*cking ball" after finding a lost (but unplayable) ball in a penalty area on Hole 6. He got into a little fight with his clubs and proceeded to throw the ball waayy out of play before he took the long, slow walk of shame back to the tee. Bad day at the office for sure. Made me laugh though as it's one of the only feelings a pro experiences that I can relate too.
          Last edited by newy; Jan 10, 2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

JT is one of my least liked golfers on tour, but he made a mistake and immediately owned up to it and apologized. I felt he was sincere and believed him when he said this was not who he is. Time to move on.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
              JT is one of my least liked golfers on tour, but he made a mistake and immediately owned up to it and apologized. I felt he was sincere and believed him when he said this was not who he is. Time to move on.
              Apologising does cut it, do you actually believe him? If it's in him to say it in the first place, then it's there in his DNA, and it ain't going to go away with a pathetic apology.
              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I agree with those who said he has apologized, and time to move on. He will get fined, and that should be the end of it. It is surprising that the players sometimes seem to forget there are likes everywhere though.

Comment

JT is the male counterpart of Stacy Lewis as they both have a constant scowl on their face or walk like they have a 60lb pack on their back when they are not playing up to par- can you imagine if they had a real job
                  Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
                  23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
                  6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
                  52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
                  Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

He's human, he'll make mistakes. I'm not going to harshly criticize him over this and I'm not a JT fan. He's still young and the pressure on tour is real.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Apologising does cut it, do you actually believe him? If it's in him to say it in the first place, then it's there in his DNA, and it ain't going to go away with a pathetic apology.
                      You are entitled to have an opinion , my opinion differs
                      Last edited by Weirfan; Jan 10, 2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

His name adds up to a total of 11 letters, just like Donald Trump. and 11 is an "angel number" because Jesus Christ is also an 11 and we know how that went.

But now that slur! Saints preserve him!

not much else in the news, is there?
                        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I didn’t really have an opinion of him one way or another before seeing him at the Canadian Open in 2019. The way he was interacting with his pro-am partners — laughing, encouraging and offering suggestions — was certainly making it enjoyable for his amateur partners. I spoke to him about golfing around Louisville as I had been there the summer before.

He turned me into a fan that day due to his interaction with me and his playing partners.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post

I didn’t really have an opinion of him one way or another before seeing him at the Canadian Open in 2019. The way he was interacting with his pro-am partners — laughing, encouraging and offering suggestions — was certainly making it enjoyable for his amateur partners. I spoke to him about golfing around Louisville as I had been there the summer before.

He turned me into a fan that day due to his interaction with me and his playing partners.
                            Good to hear. Like with other athletes, I am sure that sometimes their away from sport persona differs significantly from their competitive one. He may well be a very nice kid and hopefully he is all you say. I have not heard anything bad about him off the course ( like we have with some other golfers) However, his on course behaviour is what I find off putting so only with respect to that he gets low marks from me....he is one heck of a player tho.

Comment

Good to hear. Like with other athletes, I am sure that sometimes their away from sport persona differs significantly from their competitive one. He may well be a nice kid and hopefully he is all you say. I have not heard anything bad about him off the course ( like we have with some other golfers) However, his on course behaviour is what I find off putting so only with respect to being a golfer he gets low marks from me....he is one heck of a player tho.
                              I honestly can’t say I’ve seen him do anything on the course that I would find off-putting.

Granted I suppose there are some golfers I don’t particularly root for simply because of how they look or react. Patrick Reed and Sergio Garcia are probably the only two I kinda hope never ever win a tournament again. Lol.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X