Collapse

Ryder Cup TV coverage

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryder Cup TV coverage

Boy, the ESPN coverage is not impressive. There are only 8 balls in play this morning, so you'd expect to see every shot, even if some are on tape. But there have been several holes where we pick up the action in the fairway or even at the green without knowing how the players got there.

On one hole, a 350 yard par 4, we see the Euros making a long putt for par. Most teams were driving it to 50-60 yards in front for an easy pitch on in 2. What happened to the Euros to get in trouble? We never did see.

It seems like we're missing out on some interesting play.
    ----
    Long Live the Patriarchy

Re: Ryder Cup TV coverage

Now, now, BK51. ESPN will tell you what is interesting, you don't need to go deciding for yourself. The commercials, and all the talk between the commentators is far more interesting than some silly little golf shot.

Now go be the good little Canadian you are and be thankful for what they give you, and stop demanding to be able to watch what you want to watch. ESPN has no time for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefan75
      Now, now, BK51. ESPN will tell you what is interesting, you don't need to go deciding for yourself. The commercials, and all the talk between the commentators is far more interesting than some silly little golf shot.

Now go be the good little Canadian you are and be thankful for what they give you, and stop demanding to be able to watch what you want to watch. ESPN has no time for you.
      Oh, OK. Sorry
      ----
      Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

Everyone has an opinion and more often than not golf coverage is a little suspect, in omitting shots that some of us like to see........do leave the guy alone.

Comment

Unbelievably, with all the hype, the opening ceremonies were not screened here or streamed on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by brianfrench
            Unbelievably, with all the hype, the opening ceremonies were not screened here or streamed on the internet.

From what I've seen and heard, there is very little hype at all or very little interest so far, no one I play with has even talked about the tour or the Ryder Cup at all.

I am sure once things get going, and someone commits a faux pas on the course that stirs the pot, then maybe the media will pick it up a notch.

Comment

Originally posted by golferboy
              Everyone has an opinion and more often than not golf coverage is a little suspect, in omitting shots that some of us like to see........do leave the guy alone.

I was hoping the sarcasm was obvious in the post......I guess not.

Comment

I was hoping the sarcasm was obvious in the post......I guess not.
                No problem, it was to me...
                ----
                Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

Anyone see Philly Mick on the opening street party last nite? he was in the background wearing his glasses - talk about a nerdy looking doofus...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X