2024 Canadian Open Date Change

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by High cut View Post

That and the pride factor.

It might be sad, but frankly the Canadian Open doesn't move the needle.

Some of the clubs listed would turn down a C.O. but might be interested in a PGA Championship or Presidents Cup. Still a tough sell with the disruption but one the membership would be more likely to consider.
    Which "PGA Championship" are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post

That and the pride factor.

It might be sad, but frankly the Canadian Open doesn't move the needle.

Some of the clubs listed would turn down a C.O. but might be interested in a PGA Championship or Presidents Cup. Still a tough sell with the disruption but one the membership would be more likely to consider.
      If you're referring to the "PGA Championship" sanctioned by the PGA of America, that is a non-starter. It will never leave the USA.

Comment

Taylor's playoff-winning putt is being included in the Canadian Open logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
          Taylor's playoff-winning putt is being included in the Canadian Open logo.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/gol...51dcf68f&ei=24
          Very cool and deserving.

It is quite possibly the 2nd greatest moment in Canadian golf history after Weir's Masters win......

I has to be one of, if not THE most exciting moment in Canadian golf history.
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

The putter flip, right up there with Batista’s bat flip , instantly recognizable for us Canadian fans
            🍍 2023 WITB πŸβ€‹
            Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
            Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
            Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S​
            Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
            Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
            Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
            ​
            Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip​
            Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

If you're referring to the "PGA Championship" sanctioned by the PGA of America, that is a non-starter. It will never leave the USA.
              Probably right, though it is exactly what the PGA needs to elevate itself from its current status as the fourth major. Not necessarily Canada, but Australia, Europe, maybe South America or Asia even? It would be inconvenient for U.S. television perhaps, but otherwise a really positive change. I get that it is tied to U.S. club pro's though and that this will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post

Probably right, though it is exactly what the PGA needs to elevate itself from its current status as the fourth major. Not necessarily Canada, but Australia, Europe, maybe South America or Asia even? It would be inconvenient for U.S. television perhaps, but otherwise a really positive change. I get that it is tied to U.S. club pro's though and that this will never happen.
                There were rumours a while ago. Agree that they were likely false but there were club pros here talking like it could happen and which clubs were possible.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X