Collapse

Lexi...PGA event????

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexi...PGA event????

Lexi going to tee it up with the boys apparently. I'm curious if any bookies are taking bets on a MC?
    Whats in the bag

Driver: Titliest 905R Graphite Design YS-6+ shaft R flex
    Fairways: Sonartec NP-99 14* and 19* Aldila shafts
    Irons: Ping S59
    Wedges: Titliest Vokey Chrome Tour, Wilson staff
    Putter: Odyssey 2 ball SRT
    Ball: Probably yours
    Shoe: Adidas Tour 360 2.0's ( Yes the ugly blue/white/orange ones)

She's had a terrible year. Can't make cuts at 6400 let alone 7000 plus. Not sure why she'd do this other than clicks. She has become very good with sponsors, in pro-ams, and social media, so this works in that way. I just don't think this is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
      She's had a terrible year. Can't make cuts at 6400 let alone 7000 plus. Not sure why she'd do this other than clicks. She has become very good with sponsors, in pro-ams, and social media, so this works in that way. I just don't think this is a good idea.
      I think this is going to be hard to watch.

She's already pretty cringey on the LPGA.

I'm guessing that her sponsor is paying her something? Dunno what the rules are about appearance money on the LPGA, but why else would she set herself up like this?

OR.... maybe she just really believes in the Shriners Childrens mission and wants to support it.
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

Annika Colonial 2003
        Ping G410 Plus
        Ping G410 3W
        Ping G400 7W or 3H
        Ping G400 4H
        Ping G400 5 - UW
        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
        Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
        Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Annika was in her prime and winning a lot. When was the last time Lexi won? Lexi is probably accustomed to playing longer courses considering her 2 brothers play KFT.

She’s had a couple good weeks after the Solheim Cup but this doesn’t need to happen.
          Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
          Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
          Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
          Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
          Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
          Ping Hoofer

Comment

Love it, hope she shoots 30 over par.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I hope that she's learnt how to mark her ball on the green!

(23) Golfers fume after LPGA tournament leader gets hit with stupidest 4 stroke penalty ever - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I think this is going to be hard to watch.

She's already pretty cringey on the LPGA.

I'm guessing that her sponsor is paying her something? Dunno what the rules are about appearance money on the LPGA, but why else would she set herself up like this?

OR.... maybe she just really believes in the Shriners Childrens mission and wants to support it.
                I hope it's because she wants to support the events more than anything. If she was dominating the LPGA Tour, this might have some interest for me, however given her play recently I wonder why she doesn't focus more on improving her game.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

I hope it's because she wants to support the events more than anything. If she was dominating the LPGA Tour, this might have some interest for me, however given her play recently I wonder why she doesn't focus more on improving her game.
                  I guess Martin Hall hasn't done the job.

Comment

She’s taking the spot of a PGA player is she not? I don’t agree with doing that.
                    In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
                    Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
                    Titleist 910 F2 19*
                    Titleist 913H 24*
                    Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
                    Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
                    Vokey SM6 58*
                    SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

Originally posted by Ochoafan View Post
                      She’s taking the spot of a PGA player is she not? I don’t agree with doing that.
                      No, not really.

There are rules about sponsor's exemptions - they can't go to just anybody.
                      • A tournament can award a maximum of eight sponsor exemptions (amateurs are eligible so long as said amateurs have handicaps of zero or less).
                      • The tournament must look at the list of players who finished 2-25 on the previous year's Web.com Tour money list (combined regular season and finals). If any of those players are not already in the field, at least two sponsor exemptions must go to those players.
                      • At least two sponsor exemptions must also be used on PGA Tour members who are not otherwise in the field.
                      Beyond that, they are pretty much free to invite whoever they like - i.e. whoever they think will represent them well and/or drive eyeballs to the tournament and their product. They think Lexi will do that (and so do I).

In the end, the sponsors are putting up some big $$ that make each tournament viable. They get a couple of perqs for that: Lotsa advertising, and control over the "sponsor's exemptions".

I kinda cobbled that together from a couple of sources so there may be a few errors, but I think they'd be minor and this gets most of it right.

As for the PGAT player who could have been invited? He could have played better. It's very much a "you eat what you kill" environment for all of them.
                      ...Iggy

Comment

With the state of her game, I wouldn't be surprised if she is dead last.

Summerlin is a par-72, 7,243-yard and she averages 270 off the tee. It's going to be a long day for her.

Comment

If she doesn’t perform - even marginally well - can’t see this being a good experience for her psyche.

Comment

On the bright side, she's finishing the year on a relative heater and is in her best form.

Her last 4 tourneys she finished 5, T8, 3 points at Solheim, and T19.

I still don't expect her to make that cut. That was too hard for Annika in her prime and Lexi's not Annika and she's past her prime.
                            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                              With the state of her game, I wouldn't be surprised if she is dead last.

Summerlin is a par-72, 7,243-yard and she averages 270 off the tee. It's going to be a long day for her.
                              So basically she's Michael Block minus the great wedge game and putting!! This is NOT going to be a good look for the ladies I'm afraid.
                              Whats in the bag

Driver: Titliest 905R Graphite Design YS-6+ shaft R flex
                              Fairways: Sonartec NP-99 14* and 19* Aldila shafts
                              Irons: Ping S59
                              Wedges: Titliest Vokey Chrome Tour, Wilson staff
                              Putter: Odyssey 2 ball SRT
                              Ball: Probably yours
                              Shoe: Adidas Tour 360 2.0's ( Yes the ugly blue/white/orange ones)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X