Collapse

PGA TOUR LIVE (TSN+)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGA TOUR LIVE (TSN+)

I have Golf Channel and love it for the most part, however I recently decided to subscribe to TSN+ to get 'PGA Tour Live' (Watching on my iPhone, iPad or via internet on my widescreen).

I'm enjoying the 'extra' coverage, however after yesterday's ridiculousness on The WM's 16th w/Kis and Smylie and even enjoying 'PGA Tour Live' even more. I understand they are trying to 'disrupt' the coverage to spice it up a bit, but honestly to this viewer it was annoying as hell. Showing an 'X' by Jess Korda during the main coverage by NBC saying, 'Kis and Smylie are just killing it with their coverage of the 16th' almost made me vomit...

It's like they are trying to out 'disrupt' LIV with crazy loud coverage, nobody watches LIV, so why emulate a model that isn't resonating whatsoever? Younger demographics simply don't watch TV, and no matter what they do to try to attract a 'younger', hipper audience I feel it's likely all for not...

We will continue to digest content in multiple channels going forward and I love the myriad of choices available to us, the annoying shenanigans of tobaccy spitt'in Kis and washed up Smylie aren't going to make new audiences embrace network coverage in my opinion, except alienate most of us more 'mature' folks who watch the game today sadly.

Bring on more choice, or bring on the mute button!

Thoughts?
    TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S)

TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
    TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
    TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
    * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
    TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
    TM TP5 Golf Ball
    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
    Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

I dial back (a bit) my comments around Kevin Kisner - His commentary was stellar on Sunday (Not the pandering crap on Saturday to the LIV-type demographic they think may want to watch golf).

To be fair, I'm sure Smylie is trying and I can imagine the job must not be easy, he speaks well, says the occasional insightful comment, but I just can't imagine the golfers take him seriously beyond his buds Jordan and JT...

TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
    TM TP5 Golf Ball
    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Like we see at golf courses everywhere, the demographics of the game have changed. No longer is the target audience a bunch of old, crotchety , white , boomer men. It's now a younger man amd woman's game. All the tv ads are with young folk now geared towards this demo and the changes to younger commentators is part and parcel of that . The crowd at the WM Open was young, they aren't interested in old fogeys boomer talk. Of course we will likely see a mix of ages in the booth and on course.

Personally, I think Kis has been pretty darn good for a guy who's first blush was at the Sentry only a few weeks ago.

70 something Dinosaurs like koch and Maltby have thankfully been replaced by A younger duo in Fax and Kaufman. 65 year old Faldo replaced by 42 year old Immelman.

Golf needs and wants a younger voice so inevitably, the older voices go bye bye. This isn't just golf but also most media and entertainment.

perhaps the Champions Tour with Lanny Wadkins and Peter Jacobsen would suit you better ? Personally I cannot listen to Lanny more than a few minutes and Jake Trout went stale years ago.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

LOL no, not quite at the place where I can relate to Lanny in any form or fashion…

Good with both Immelmanns however.

PS: Kis in no spring chicken BTW.

TM TP5 Golf Ball
        Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
        SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Sky sports coverage would be right up your alley.

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

PS: Kis in no spring chicken BTW.
            he's 39, so that's pretty spring in my books

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
              Like we see at golf courses everywhere, the demographics of the game have changed. No longer is the target audience a bunch of old, crotchety , white , boomer men. It's now a younger man amd woman's game. All the tv ads are with young folk now geared towards this demo and the changes to younger commentators is part and parcel of that . The crowd at the WM Open was young, they aren't interested in old fogeys boomer talk. .
              Ya....its just not the same anymore...its all gone to rot.

Bring back the good old days....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Shell.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	3739221

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                Showing an 'X' by Jess Korda during the main coverage by NBC saying, 'Kis and Smylie are just killing it with their coverage of the 16th' almost made me vomit...
                It would have made me vomit also. I've had PGA TOUR LIVE (now TSN+) for years. Robert Damron is about the only guy I can listen to. Otherwise, it's on mute. The *Feature Group* coverage of a few guys playing 18 holes on Thursday and Friday have been very educational. Seeing players that don't make the cut is quite a contrast to watching the final group playing the back nine on Saturday and Sunday. You realize how hard golf is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

Ya....its just not the same anymore...its all gone to rot.

Bring back the good old days....

Name:	Capture Shell.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	3739221
                  Dressed for the office

Comment

Seems many liked what Kis and Smylie had to offer at 16 on the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                      Like we see at golf courses everywhere, the demographics of the game have changed. No longer is the target audience a bunch of old, crotchety , white , boomer men. It's now a younger man amd woman's game. All the tv ads are with young folk now geared towards this demo and the changes to younger commentators is part and parcel of that . The crowd at the WM Open was young, they aren't interested in old fogeys boomer talk. Of course we will likely see a mix of ages in the booth and on course.

Personally, I think Kis has been pretty darn good for a guy who's first blush was at the Sentry only a few weeks ago.

70 something Dinosaurs like koch and Maltby have thankfully been replaced by A younger duo in Fax and Kaufman. 65 year old Faldo replaced by 42 year old Immelman.

Golf needs and wants a younger voice so inevitably, the older voices go bye bye. This isn't just golf but also most media and entertainment.

perhaps the Champions Tour with Lanny Wadkins and Peter Jacobsen would suit you better ? Personally I cannot listen to Lanny more than a few minutes and Jake Trout went stale years ago.
                      Many of the TV ads are for prescription drugs for Diabetics and Erectile disfunction.I thought they were directed at the older crowd but maybe they are directed at the out of shape junk food eating younger crowd..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Owentdc View Post

It would have made me vomit also. I've had PGA TOUR LIVE (now TSN+) for years. Robert Damron is about the only guy I can listen to. Otherwise, it's on mute. The *Feature Group* coverage of a few guys playing 18 holes on Thursday and Friday have been very educational. Seeing players that don't make the cut is quite a contrast to watching the final group playing the back nine on Saturday and Sunday. You realize how hard golf is.
                        Damron was awesome when he was w/Golf Channel, and also enjoying him on PGA Tour Live...

Have to say, enjoy TSN+ carrying PTL, however for me I get the most joy out of it in the early rounds. Not being able to see Nick win on Saturday would have been akin to practicing Kareeza in my opinion...

TM TP5 Golf Ball
                        Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                        SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Originally posted by gazoo View Post

Many of the TV ads are for prescription drugs for Diabetics and Erectile disfunction.I thought they were directed at the older crowd but maybe they are directed at the out of shape junk food eating younger crowd..lol
                          LOL!...

..."and she'll like it too"

Name:	image.png
Views:	136
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	3739507

TM TP5 Golf Ball
                          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X