No announcement yet.
Collapse

Cheer for Canadians first & foremost - Who would root for ahead of a Canadian

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheer for Canadians first & foremost - Who would root for ahead of a Canadian

Maybe I am too patriotic, but regardless of who are my favourite golfers (and many sports for that matter, outside hockey where we are supposedly the best), I'll always want the Canadian to win.

I know some dislike Stephen Ames, and heard a few things about Mike Weir here too, but it is Canada above all. I'm a huge Rory guy, but coming down the stretch vs. Hadwin, Taylor or Connors..... I'll want him to lose.

Basketball I'm checking SGA's or Jamal Murray's boxscore (and happy ith RJ on the Raptors).

This year's Olympics will be about Team Canada.....

Everyweek I have the Canadians starred on pgatour.com and follow their progress, before anyone else.

How do others' feel?

i feel the same, Leafs , Jays fan 1st, when it comes to golf, I, Like you a big Rory fan, Woods fan but would always cheer for a Canadian to win over them , plus i think the more success Canadian Tour players have it will only help golf in Canada, more people might take up the sport which good or bad depending how you look at it, golf will be in a healthy position for the future, could also mean more and better armature tourneys as well.

Comment

Canucks first and foremost.

Comment

Canadians first - but have to admit I wouldn’t have been unhappy to see Charlie Hoffman win yesterday given what it would have meant to him. As it turned out I was in the enviable position of being happy with either outcome.

Comment

I can't say I have a Canadian fav on the PGA/LPGA tour nowadays.
          Golf is a sport generally played as an individual....so I root for the player vs. nationality.

But I will root for some Canadians or Canadian National teams in other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post
            Canadians first - but have to admit I wouldn’t have been unhappy to see Charlie Hoffman win yesterday given what it would have meant to him. As it turned out I was in the enviable position of being happy with either outcome.
            This.

I'll generally pull for our Canadian guys to win, unless.... there's a really good reason to cheer for the other guy.

Hoffman's story is incredible so..... I was cheering them both, it was a great finish.

Great to see some legit sportsmanship too, from both. Kinda nice to see opponents who can show respect instead of trash talking (or giving a crosscheck to the head).
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

The only guys I would rather see win than a Canadian would be Tiger, Rory or Rickie. After those three, I will cheer for the canadian underdog story

Comment

[QUOTE=jaybee;n3738983]The only guys I would rather see win than a Canadian would be Tiger, Rory or Rickie. After those three, I will cheer for the Canadian underdog story[

In the same boat. Would be tough to root against my guy Rickie, but most scenario's I'm picking the Canadian to win.

Witnessed Hoffman be a dink and snub some kids a few years back at the Masters, so the ongoing joke between our friend group is that he "bad guy". Although I know he's not from listening to some of his podcasts on Subpar. Made it a little easier to root for Nick last night.
                Titleist Tsi2 9* - PXG 0341XF 16* - PXG 0317XF 19/22* - P770/P7MC 5-PW - Zipcore 50/54/58 - LAB Link

Comment

I always cheer for the Canadians first. Maybe Rory at the Masters, but that’s about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                    I always cheer for the Canadians first. Maybe Rory at the Masters, but that’s about it.
                    Rory & Connors final group at the Masters 2024 would be a tough one for me (Connors has had a # of top 10 there).

Here because of Rory's Masters history, I'd want him to win.

Regardless a 1-2 finish for them I'd be happy with..... And then in 2025 they can flip it around.....

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

Rory & Connors final group at the Masters 2024 would be a tough one for me (Connors has had a # of top 10 there).

Here because of Rory's Masters history, I'd want him to win.

Regardless a 1-2 finish for them I'd be happy with..... And then in 2025 they can flip it around.....

Comment

Canadians always - with one exception. Since 2011 (man that was ugly) I long to see Rory complete the Majors and win the Masters, so I am always pulling for him at that event.

We have yet to have a final pairing with him and a Canuck on a Sunday so I have been safe so far!
                        Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                        Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                        Nike 23 degree hybrid
                        Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                        Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                        Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse