Collapse

Savannah Grewal

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savannah Grewal

I am thinking that after her fabulous performance this past week in China, she deserves her own thread. Can she be the next Canadian star? She sure looked like one!
    Last edited by tonyj5; Mar 10, 2024, 10:50 PM.

She is remarkable! TGN member "bobby jones" discovered her, thirteen years ago:

Comment

Originally posted by tonyj5 View Post
      I am thinking that after her fabulous performance this past week in China, she deserves her on thread. Can she be the next Canadian star? She sure looked like one!
      Yes, glad you created a SG thread.
      But let's wait to see her performance over the next 2 years to determine if she will be a Cdn LPGA star.

Tony....you likely haven't seen this thread....it's worth reading.
      BobbyJones started the thread in 2011 and spotted her at Piper Heath (a few kms from my sister's house) golfing (dad was the caddy) as a 9 year old kid.

Read this article too from Dec 2023...after her Q Series performance.

I believe Grewal is pronounced "GRE-WALL"...yet the announcers continually said "GRUEL"...WTH....if I'm wrong ....someone please advise.

FWIW....I was rooting for Lydia to win and get into the HOF.
      As much as Lydia is playing well nowadays...her next win is not a given.
      IMO....Lydia should enter some weaker field events (that she normally would not play) to help her odds of a win.

If indeed Lyds wins in the next 2 months....she'll likely reduce her playing sked??? and focus on the majors and Olympics.....it will be a shame (if Lyds wins a few times this year) and retires soon and we will no longer see her golf.
      Lyds said long ago she likely would retire by 30.....she'll be 27 next month.

Comment

FWIW.
        Talk about young potential talent....Youtube was live streaming the KLPGA Hana event in Singapore last night.
        A 15 year old amateur Korean gal finished 2nd.
        She had a 3 stroke lead after 54 holes.

She swings hard and has length (length is an advantage).....as she develops her overall game....she could be someone to watch out for in 3-5 years....but that's a long ways away.

There's also Bang Shinsil....KLPGA 2023 rookie and also a bomber too who was playing the Hana too...watch out for that name if she decides to qualify for the LPGA.
        I believe pros who play on the KLPGA must make a 2 yr committment before heading elsewhere.

Comment

Her T4 this week puts her 29th on this year's Race to the CME Globe. This means that there is strong likelihood that she will be reshuffled into Category 8 (Current Year Top 80) in a few weeks, which should ensure she gets into most events for the rest of the spring and summer, including the majors.

EDIT: She is now in the field for the Chevron Championship based on her current-year results.

It also puts her in a good position for the Olympics, which uses the Rolex Ranking from June 24th for qualification. Brooke is certain of a spot, but the second Canadian spot is up in the air right now.

EDIT: She got 6.41 ranking points for her T4, giving her a 0.18 average (minimum divisor of 35) putting her at 471st in the world and 5th in Canada. Maddie Szeryk is second in Canada (259th, 0.41), Alena is third, (285th, 0.37) and Maude-Aimee is fourth (339th, 0.29). The minimum divisor means that any points that Savannah get in future events will push her average up quickly.
          Last edited by sjmcampbell; Mar 12, 2024, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyj5 View Post
            I am thinking that after her fabulous performance this past week in China, she deserves her own thread. Can she be the next Canadian star? She sure looked like one!
            Absolutely. Hopefully we will be hearing much more about her in the future.

Comment

My buddy has worked at Piper's for many years and knows her as she's been there since 7 or 8. Says she is a wonderful and smart young girl. Considering medicine as a back up. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                My buddy has worked at Piper's for many years and knows her as she's been there since 7 or 8. Says she is a wonderful and smart young girl. Considering medicine as a back up. Nice.
                As per the article I attached in my post #3....Grewal might have written her MCAT recently.
                She has a heart condition and she has targeted becoming a cardiologist as a medical career goal.

IMO....It will be near impossible to attend med school because of the workload while playing on the LPGA.
                If she continues to play well on the LPGA...maybe retires in her mid 30's to persue her medical aspirations???

Rose Zhang has been absent recently from the LPGA tour concentrating on school at Stanford. IMO...we might not see her best golf results and consistency until she finishes her studies and graduates.

FWIW....a huge accomplishment that is overlooked .....Savannah entered LPGA Q-school in 2023 at Stage 1.....and then through Stage 2 and then finished 12th??? at Q-Series to earn her 2024 LPGA membership card.....not many accomplish this feat.
                A new LPGA rule was adopted and she had to declare "pro" status to enter Q-Series.

Comment

LPGA Q school Results

Stage 1 - 1st pace
                  Stage 2 - 6th place
                  Stage 3 - 10 place

Her total was -41 over 14 rounds

Seems like Savannah is the real deal as she was the only player who started at stage 1 to gain category 13 status.

A friend of mine who has a range membership at Pipers Heath told me that Savannah would be Pipers Heath for hour after hour with her dad who is her coach.

It’s incredible that she wants to go to med school. We might see the first doctor on the LPGA tour.

Comment

So very nice to see a young Canuck in the spotlight....go
                    get them!

Comment

Originally posted by Trackman View Post
                      It’s incredible that she wants to go to med school. We might see the first doctor on the LPGA tour.
                      If Grewal does become a doctor....it will likely only occur post LPGA tour playing days.
                      The demands of med school and then residency to become an independent licenced GP...never mind a cardiologist..... are just too great while she's on tour.

Comment

Talented in several ways. Good luck to her
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X