Collapse

The Players 2024

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Players 2024

Once again we are spoiled with 7 Canadians teeing it up this weekend at a premier event.

-> Pendrith, Taylor, Hadwin, Silverman, Svensson, Conners, Hughes

Let’s go boys !
    🍍 2023 WITB πŸβ€‹
    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
    Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
    Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S​
    Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    ​
    Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip​
    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Hadwin has had moderate success the last 2 years. Let's hope he can continue.
    Titleist Tsi2 9* - PXG 0341XF 16* - PXG 0317XF 19/22* - P770/P7MC 5-PW - Zipcore 50/54/58 - LAB Link

Comment

Listening to Golf Talk Canada in the car yesterday, they made a big deal about Tiger not being in the field.

Apparently he played a 1 day event out of a cart at the Seminole Pro-Member where he striped a 5W 256 yds which left him a 1-inch tap in albatross. So that's encouraging, but hardly proof that he's ready to walk 72 holes playing with all pros.

I was surprised they were so surprised. He's barely played any golf in about 4 years, and he WD from the Genesis 3 weeks ago.

They reminded me that he was just named Vice-Chair of PGATour Enterprises. Given that this tourney is their flagship event, you would expect him to be a part of it. Perhaps he'll be doing some sort of meet-and-greet?

Anyways, it is indeed a great thing to see 7 Canucks making it into this. It would be great if any one of them could win it - a long shot but they've made the important first step. You can't win if you're not in it.
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
        Listening to Golf Talk Canada in the car yesterday, they made a big deal about Tiger not being in the field.

Apparently he played a 1 day event out of a cart at the Seminole Pro-Member where he striped a 5W 256 yds which left him a 1-inch tap in albatross. So that's encouraging, but hardly proof that he's ready to walk 72 holes playing with all pros.

I was surprised they were so surprised. He's barely played any golf in about 4 years, and he WD from the Genesis 3 weeks ago.
        Tiger will never admit it, but the pain from walking due to his leg injury must be so excrutiating that he can't show up to play 72 holes on competitive golf even on a monthly basis.

He still is very focus on his workouts as he's still ripped in his upper body.

Comment

FYI Steven Ames won it back in 2006 ( seems so long ago now ) with a win by a 6 shot victory.
          🍍 2023 WITB πŸβ€‹
          Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
          Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
          Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S​
          Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
          Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
          Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
          ​
          Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip​
          Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
            Tiger will never admit it, but the pain from walking due to his leg injury must be so excrutiating that he can't show up to play 72 holes on competitive golf even on a monthly basis.

He still is very focus on his workouts as he's still ripped in his upper body.
            Agreed. As a competitive golfer, Tiger is done. It's unfortunate but a reality. IMO its not even news that he isn't playing this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

They reminded me that he was just named Vice-Chair of PGATour Enterprises. Given that this tourney is their flagship event, you would expect him to be a part of it. Perhaps he'll be doing some sort of meet-and-greet?

Anyways, it is indeed a great thing to see 7 Canucks making it into this. It would be great if any one of them could win it - a long shot but they've made the important first step. You can't win if you're not in it.
              Meanwhile, Tiger and his partner finished six shots behind Hughes and his partner.
              In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
              Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
              TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
              TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
              PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
              TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
              Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
              TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Nice to see a full field. Last week had a cut of 11 players? $4m to the winner? Holy LIV Batman. Go Canucks.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

Agreed. As a competitive golfer, Tiger is done. It's unfortunate but a reality. IMO its not even news that he isn't playing this week.
                  The question remains whether Tiger will be able to play in Augusta next month. While the Players is an "almost" major, The Masters has to be the #1 priority for him. His legacy started there.
                  Most certainly not an easy course to walk.
                  No good deed goes unpunished.
                  A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

Most certainly not an easy course to walk.
                    Definitely a few challenging holes to walk . My first time there we walked the course in order and there were some good elevation changes on a few ( 18, 10,11 , 2 and a few others ) 2 has a 90 foot drop .

I believe the walk is about 6.5 miles each round
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I didn't think there was any place in Florida more than 90 feet above sea level! But seriously: what a course. Rating 76.8, and slope 155. A scratch player gets 5 strokes; a 10 hdcp gets 19 strokes.

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
                        I didn't think there was any place in Florida more than 90 feet above sea level! But seriously: what a course. Rating 76.8, and slope 155. A scratch player gets 5 strokes; a 10 hdcp gets 19 strokes.
                        If you want to see some serious elevation changes in Florida, play Copperhead at Innisbrook. I couldn't believe it the first time we were there. TV does not really show the elevations.
                        No good deed goes unpunished.
                        A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

If you want to see some serious elevation changes in Florida, play Copperhead at Innisbrook. I couldn't believe it the first time we were there. TV does not really show the elevations.
                          I've played it. One of my top ten, ever.
                          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Just watching "Live From" on GC and it's dark out in Florida. It's quite black in the background behind Brandel and the gang. Why is that? The sun's been up for a while here.... Not sure if this was taped early this morning or late last night.

Anyways it kinda bugs me that I'm paying for GC, there's a near-major going on - golfers are out on the course - and we're watching talking heads on tape. Really?

They just played an interview with Rory (don't know when it was done) but he spoke quite well about what's going on with the potential LIV/PGAT deal.

The main points were: Golf is losing it's audience because
                            • We're tired of hearing about the money - it's not why we watch,
                            • We want to see all the best in the world playing together,
                            • PGAT does a better job of bringing new players in all the time. It puts more pressure on the players to keep their cards.

Also, there is resistance to any sort of reunification from players on both sides. Some PGAT guys aren't happy to welcome the LIV guys back since they got all that money and damaged the Tour. Not sure about the LIV guys, maybe the guys on the margins realize they won't earn as much (and they'll have to play for 4 days - in long pants!!).
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

What a difference 3 days makes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	179
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	3748018​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	175