Collapse

Valspar 2024

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valspar 2024

Another 7 Canadians teeing it up this weekend.
    Most of them are doing well on Day 1.
    I see the purse is 8.4 million -> thank you LIV for driving up the prize money on the B-events.
    🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
    Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
    Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
    Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

It is a wonderful golf course. I played it in Sept. of 1978 back when I could play. DEC had our annual sale meeting at Innisbrook. I drove from the airport at Tampa, grabbed a power cart, and shot 74 on the Copperhead course including a 3-putt bogie on 17.

On a historical note, Mike Souchak was the Head Pro there and I talked to him about our mutual friend, the late Nick Weslock, who Mike met at the Masters. Mike passed away in 2008.
    In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
    Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
    PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
    TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
    Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

I did not watch the first round yesterday....but seems much has been made of Streelman's new and recently OK'd ball marker.

Have not found any articles with it pictured.

Would like to know what is looks like.

Any images of it one of those out there?

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
        It is a wonderful golf course. I played it in Sept. of 1978 back when I could play. DEC had our annual sale meeting at Innisbrook. I drove from the airport at Tampa, grabbed a power cart, and shot 74 on the Copperhead course including a 3-putt bogie on 17.

On a historical note, Mike Souchak was the Head Pro there and I talked to him about our mutual friend, the late Nick Weslock, who Mike met at the Masters. Mike passed away in 2008.
        I played the course back in 2018 and 2019 - we were first out on the Tuesday mornings (course was closed Monday so they could start taking down all the stands and exhibits). This was in the Transitions days, before Valspar. As rgk5 said - a real beauty. And greens were running at 13+ when we played, with some elevations on greens that made putting a real challenge. There are a number of risk / reward holes where you can either birdie, or .
        And, the resort also has 3 other courses - North & South are yawns, but the Island Course was also a real treat. Many qualifiers are played on the Island track. And super tennis facilities!
        Only setback on the resort are the restaurants. Make sure you have a car to be able to eat offsite. Limited choices and very expensive. Not all inclusive.
        No good deed goes unpunished.
        A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Looks like it's playing harder today
          Last edited by hbomb; Mar 22, 2024, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Streelman's ball marker -> think of a coin with a line on top and a centre shaft that goes into the ground, like a tee. You can spin the coin to aid in alignment, without moving the coin from its resting spot.

Kevin Streelman used a new ball-marker en route to an opening 64 at the Valspar. But he jumped through a few hurdles before putting it in play
            🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
              Streelman's ball marker -> think of a coin with a line on top and a centre shaft that goes into the ground, like a tee. You can spin the coin to aid in alignment, without moving the coin from its resting spot.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/kev...rules-official
              Found some pics in this article...

With unique ball marker, Kevin Streelman contending at Valspar - PGA TOUR

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Tough conditions for the morning tee times. Wind still blowing pretty good in the pm too
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Mac, Svensson, and Hadwin all still in it and close to the leaders, with Sloan and Taylor also making the cut, so lots of our boys playing on the weekend
                  🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​

Comment

Anyone know where we can purchase that valspar wide brimmed hat that caddy’s wear. I’ve been looking and can’t seem to find it anywhere. I’ve even seen the caddies wear them in other tournaments before this valspar so this must have come out at least last year.

Comment

I commented in the Masters discussion about how hard it is to make a logical bet on the outcome of a sporting event ... right now (740 pm EDT Friday) at the Valspar, two of last week's second place finishers, Schauffele and Harman, are 4 and 8 strokes, respectively, behind the tournament leaders, who include Hughes, and Cink. I won't be placing any bets. But let's go Mackenzie!

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                        Mac, Svensson, and Hadwin all still in it and close to the leaders, with Sloan and Taylor also making the cut, so lots of our boys playing on the weekend
                        Nice to see so many Canucks playing on the weekend, might give me a reason to watch.

Comment

Lots of guys in contention today, including 3 Canucks.
                          Hughes unfortunately bogey'd 18 to be in the 2nd last group and 2 shots back. Hadwin ( also bogey'd 18 ) and Svensson are both 4 shots back. There are a dozen guys within 4 shots, so it will be whomever goes really low today gets the W.
                          Last edited by ARL67; Mar 24, 2024, 07:04 AM.
                          🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​

Comment

Nice to see the 3 Canucks play well, but too bad they bogeyed 18; combine that with Mitchell's hole out eagle, that's a 3 shot swing. Should be an exciting final round.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                              Nice to see the 3 Canucks play well, but too bad they bogeyed 18; combine that with Mitchell's hole out eagle, that's a 3 shot swing. Should be an exciting final round.
                              Severely lacking field for top players so anybody's guess who will put in a good final round. Nobody that really interests me so probably only watch the last 1/2 hour while cooking dinner. Mac is my fav Canadian male golfer on the Tour so hoping he has a good day
                              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X