Collapse

Women's Amateur at Augusta

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Amateur at Augusta

I am surprised to see no comment on this....
    The final round was some of the best golf drama I have seen in a very long time
    Great finish and a great champion - Lottie Woad

Great golf watched the entire tournament - 72 players total - 36 from USA and 36 international players - my question is with Korea players dominating female golf over the last 20 years there wasn't 1 amateur invited to play in the field
    Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
    23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
    6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
    52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
    Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Great clutch putts by Woad on 14, 15, 17 & 18 for the win!
      After Woad's 3 jack on 13....I thought Shoemaker would win...great 66 by Bailey.
      FWIW....Shoemaker didn't advance to AN in 2022 & 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by cuonthe1t View Post
        Great golf watched the entire tournament - 72 players total - 36 from USA and 36 international players - my question is with Korea players dominating female golf over the last 20 years there wasn't 1 amateur invited to play in the field
        Yes, things operate a bit differently in Korea and it's hard to explain.

Minsol Kim (currently #3 WAGR) I believe was in the ANWA roster in Feb and I think in Mar W/D???...very very odd.
        Minsol played this weekend on the KPLGA on Jeju Island...finishing T8.
        At #3...she would have been on paper, a 2024 ANWA contender.
        If she would have won the ANWA....her global & Korean exposure would have so much greater vs a win on the KLPGA this weekend.
        I also believe Soomin Oh (#18 WAGR currently) would have also qualified for an ANWA invite based on her Dec 31 WAGR ranking...she was also a NS???

Yet, plenty of Japanese Am's have accepted invites with a Japanese winner in 2021.

FWIW...when Korean pros do qualify to become LPGA members...many are very talented seasoned pros.
        I believe if a Korean gal joins the KLPGA...they must make a 2 year committment.
        IMO...the talent & competition on the KLPGA is superior to the Epson or LET tours.
        8 of the last 12 LPGA ROY winners have been Koreans.

Comment

Oh ya....I think Clemente should have been penalized a couple of times. I imagine she was the one who put her group on the clock.
          I think she was paired with Woad???

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X