Collapse

Father/Son Tournament - Class Act

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father/Son Tournament - Class Act

This weekend features a father/son tournament with Tour players and their sons. Read the quote I got from ScoreGolf. A very classy move by Lee Janzen (2 time US Open Champ).

"Kudos to Lee Janzen for his recent request to the PGA Tour to break form and enter the Father/Son Challenge, a popular silly season event, without his own flesh and blood as a playing partner. Janzen requested that Aaron Stewart, the 15-year-old son of the late Payne Stewart be his partner, realizing that Aaron and his father would have been playing the event were it not for the unfortunate plane crash that took the elder Stewart's life just over five years ago. The PGA had no problems bending the rules for Janzen." ScoreGolf Magazine
    "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
    Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
    Winston Churchill

Re: Father/Son Tournament - Class Act

can there be father/daughter combo? hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Mok
      can there be father/daughter combo? hehe
      I beleive thre are some already that have played. As well as some Grandparent/son etc.....

Janzen requested that Aaron Stewart, the 15-year-old son of the late Payne Stewart be his partner
      This is definately a class act .............. as was Payne!!
      I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted". ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Focker Singh
        This weekend features a father/son tournament with Tour players and their sons. Read the quote I got from ScoreGolf. A very classy move by Lee Janzen (2 time US Open Champ).
        I hope there is plenty of film on this one. I would love to hear the roar of the crowd when Aaron's name is announce. Not that he doesn't know his dad was well loved, but it needs to be reinforced on a regular basis. God bless Lee for making this happen.
        Mule
        In The Ogio
        Driver - Titleist TS4 w/Diamana
        Fairway Wood - KZG CH-II 3 wood w/Accra HF
        Hybrids - Nakashima NX 3 and 4 w/Accra HF
        Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
        Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
        Putter - Scotty Cameron Red X​
        MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

That is awesome of Janzen to do that for Stewart's son.

Comment

Awww...that is such a nice classy gesture. I'm happy to read that the PGA accomodates more than just a father-son pairing.
            You may contact me with general questions about the forum.
            Advertising requests should be emailed to advertise@torontogolfnuts.com.
            Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
            Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

Yeah, I remember watching the interview on tv. Definitely very touching, Aaron Stewart even said he wanted to be better than his dad one day. I hope it'll come true.

I think they did mention something about having an event with father/daughter. Or how about mother/daughter with LPGA players?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X