Tiger Woods fined for spitting on green

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tiger Woods fined for spitting on green

Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post
    Would you tamp down your own loogie with your own putter? Remind me never loan you my putter if you ever pop a loogie while in my foursome
    you though i was just being courteous when i picked up your wedge....

Comment

Originally posted by bwield View Post
      I am not sure its an actual rule, rather it was deemed to be against the code of conduct and decency.

Has the PGA ever issued a similar fine? I doubt that this is the first time Woods has done it, or any other PGA player for that matter.
      old discussion:

Ask questions about the proper golf etiquette to follow while on the course. Or discuss how to apply official rules and local course rules to your game.

Comment

I have my own opinion on this but it seems this fine didnt need to be made public as I am sure he has been fined before. Seems like the european tour might be trying to send a message and maybe keep him from coming back.
        Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
        3W - Taylormade M4
        5 wood - Callaway X Hot
        4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
        Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
        Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
        Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
          I have my own opinion on this but it seems this fine didnt need to be made public as I am sure he has been fined before. Seems like the european tour might be trying to send a message and maybe keep him from coming back.

you think they are betting he can't win/dominate again?

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post
            under the rules of golf can you tamp down a loogey or is that improving the line?
            When the ball is on the putting-green, the player or his caddie may remove (but not press down) sand, earth, dung, worm-casts, mole-hills, snow, or ice lying around the hole or in the line of his putt. This shall be done by brushing lightly with the hand only across the putt and not along it. Dung may be removed by a club, but the club must not be laid with more than its own weight upon the ground.

since it's not dung, i think you'd have to use your hand
            What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
            TM Rescue 17*
            TM M2 4-AW
            TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
            Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear View Post
              To be honest, until I heard about the scandalous spit yesterday, I'd never noticed Tiger spitting before. But then I went on YouTube to try to find the incident in question and discovered a highlight reel of Tiger spitting over the years.

I've never understood why people sometimes feel the need to spit. How much extra saliva can you have?

Sergio got fined a year or two ago for spitting, though his spit was worse -- he spit in the cup.
              It may not have anything to do with extra saliva. I would say in this case it's more about the sand he probably had in his mouth after hitting a couple shots from the desert/bunkers and being sprayed with sand. I agree spitting on the green doesn't exactly scream proper etiquette.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                He's done it way too many times, and am surprised it's taken this long for him to be fined for it.
                Finchem has no balz to bite the hand that feeds, or once fed him......

On the PGA circuit Tiger would have to take a big dump on the course to get in trouble......wait a minute he has done that his last 2 final rounds

even then Finchem would be out there with a plastic baggy cleaning up after him and likely with e few baby wipes in hand as well
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

since it's not dung, i think you'd have to use your hand
                  thats when a caddy earns his money

Comment

Definately was stupid of tiger to do it. Also I was watching it when it happened. He did it out of frustration for sure. The round was going south and he was out of contention.

But there was a lot of guys spitting that tourny, because of the windy conditions pushing sand on to the course. None of them though spit on the green like tiger that I saw though.

Eurotour doesn't want Tiger on their Tour? Are you kidding me. I dont have the stats on hand but he must be right beside jack or some guy from the 20's for Open championships.

Comment

Glad they fined him... that's it for me.
                      Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                      Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                      Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                      Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                      Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                      Ping Hoofer

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                        Finchem has no balz to bite the hand that feeds ( or once fed him)......

On the PGA circuit Tiger would have to take a big dump on the course to get in trouble......wait a minute he has done that his last 2 final rounds

even then Finchem would be out there with a plastic baggy cleaning up after him and likely with e few baby wipes in hand as well
                        You really think tiger has never been fined for his language, outbursts etc on the PGA tour? You can guarantee he was fined for swearing and smashing his club just a couple weeks ago at Torrey pines. The PGA/Tim Finchem don't disclose who and when they fine, unlike the European tour who make it public record. I agree maybe tiger does get special treatment sometimes because of what he has done for the PGA tour but when his swearing and temper tantrums are seen on TV you can bet he is getting his wrists slapped just like any other player.

Comment

Will Tiger have Sergio represent him? He's the expert on this issue.
                          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

If I recall correctly, neither the PGA Tour nor the European Tour in general do not disclose who gets fined and how much.

I wonder what the motivation is for the European Tour to go public. And I think the fine could be as ridiculous as a few hundred bucks.

Anyhow, I am intrigued by this paragraph:

The tour’s code of conduct states that when a player becomes a member, he “voluntarily submits himself to standards of behaviour and ethical conduct beyond those required of ordinary golfers and members of the public.”

Is Tiger a member of the European Tour?

Comment

Maybe it's a local rule - only in Dubai.

Aren't these guys sucking in dust with every breath over there? I'm sure most of them were spitting it back out.
                              TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                              TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                              TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                              Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                              Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                              100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post

Is Tiger a member of the European Tour?
                                yes..i think under some special exception like all Open championship winners

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X