No announcement yet.
Collapse

Golftown Grip Sale - when and what?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golftown Grip Sale - when and what?

Do any GolfTown locations carry Iomic putter grips? Alternatively Scotty Cameron grips? I'm trying to avoid paying more on the shipping than the putter grip itself
    Last edited by frieswithdat; Jan 13, 2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frieswithdat View Post
      Do any GolfTown locations carry Iomic putter grips? Alternatively Scotty Cameron grips? I'm trying to avoid paying more on the shipping than the putter grip itself
      We have Scotty grips in Hamilton, the black or red rubber ones similar to the Pingman grip. Iomics are long gone.
      In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
      Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
      TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
      TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
      PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
      TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
      Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
      TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
        The Lamkin 3Gen is the best combination of tackiness, durability and traction for humid weather or sweaty hands, outside of a cord which many feel is too harsh.

The next best choices are the GP CP2 Red, GP Tour Velvet or Lamkin Crossline.
        Thanks for the feedback, think I will give Lamkin R.E.L. ACE 3GEN a try this year.
        Ping G410 10.5*
        Taylormade M6 3W
        Callaway Diablo Edge 5W
        TaylorMade P790 4 - PW
        Ping Glide Stealth 50*
        Ping Glide Stealth 54*
        Cleveland 588 RTX LW 58*
        Scotty Cameron Select GoLo

Comment

Originally posted by sweetchilli View Post
          Most people will rave about the MCCplus4's but I will say Tour Velvet is still the OG and the best.
          Played the MCC Plus4 all year last season and won't be going back to them. While the reduced taper is nice, I found myself having to clean the butt portion of the grip more than any other I've used before--including the original MCC which also tend to get very slick up top. I clean my grips quite often just out of habit, but the frequency at which I had to with the Plus4's was getting annoying.

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
          I quite like these:

Lamkin R.E.L. ACE 3GEN Grip
          Switched to these and have to say I am very impressed with the feel and tackiness. What's also a bonus is Lamkin is still one of the few companies that offers grips in .580, whereas all the rest have only .600 and takes too much tape to build them up.

Another grip I tried that I REALLY liked was the new Superstroke S-Tech, but again with them being .600 core I had to use too much tape to build up the bottom hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post
            Lamkins are harder feeling rubber and slightly, slightly rougher to the touch. TV are softer feeling and slightly slipplier feeling. The Lamkin's also last a little bit longer as they are a more durable rubber compound.
            I think it's the grip pattern on the Lamkin that give off the feeling of being a bit more rough than the TV's. Lamkin are DEFINITELY more durable than the Tour Velvet by a country mile, the TV's almost always tend to get slick and would have to replace a set mid-way through a season.

I have't used Tour Velvet in over 10 years because of their crappy durability.

Comment

I'm thinking of ordering some of these to give them a try--love that they are reduced taper: http://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/prod...olf-grips.html

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                I'm thinking of ordering some of these to give them a try--love that they are reduced taper: http://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/prod...olf-grips.html
                looks interesting. The grips themselves without the taper are great.
                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by frieswithdat View Post
                  I was looking on Lamkin's site for you at the iLine putter grip (Lamkin and Iomic's brainchild) as they are only $1.50 per putter grip on Lamkin's site. Then I saw shipping to Canada was $36 US for one grip and I closed the tab.

Happy hunting.

Comment

Available at golftown? I couldn't find them on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
                      I never understood the rush mentality in the middle of the winter. I usually wink at them and ask if they have a tee time this afternoon. We have guys who will show up 2-3 times in the same week to get 1-2 grips done. It boggles the mind.

bro, its really called cabin fever...anything to get out of house to get in the golf mood.
                      And I happen to be one of those guys!!!
                      In fact I don't need any new grips; however, I have always changed grips every winter season even if not needed.
                      If you are suggesting that I don't go shopping at golftown and give you guys money; then, would that not make your job obsolete?
                      But I digress, the grip sale gets me out of house and possibly buying something else other then grips, which is why the sale is held in the slowest month of the year for sales.

Devlin
                      Last edited by devlin; Jan 14, 2017, 12:28 PM.
                      Devlin

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
                        I have always wondered if the Justin Rose grip is just another REL ACE grip with different cap color, not sure that this specific grip is available at golftown stores, or golftown online?

I have always loved the REL' ace grips. Especially the older wedge dedicated ones, which to me, have always seemed a little softer in general. The Crossline REL's don't feel the same. I'm sure that the rubber compound formula has been changed over the years.

I also love the REL ACE '360' grips with no writing/logos (for adjustable Woods/Clubs) but you cannot find those in Canada.

It's been my experience that GT has limited amounts of Lamkin grips, at least for my hands (mid-size). I don't know why either; since, Lamkin seems to be catching Golf PRide in terms of OEM use.
                        Devlin

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
                          No only direct through Lamkin at the moment, with no plans on bringing them in from what I hear. You can special order through a distributor, but with Cross Border Pickups it's the smarter option. If I do go that route and order these grips once the season gets going, if you are interested in some I'd be happy to bulk them into my order and get them all shipped using my Cross Border account. Just shoot me a PM...

Originally posted by devlin View Post
                          I have always wondered if the Justin Rose grip is just another REL ACE grip with different cap color, not sure that this specific grip is available at golftown stores, or golftown online?
                          According to Lamkin, it's the exact same grip but with less taper. As above, can't get them at GT and can only do so via special order. I wouldn't even bother as any distributor will just mark the cost up.

Comment

No only direct through Lamkin at the moment, with no plans on bringing them in from what I hear. You can special order through a distributor, but with Cross Border Pickups it's the smarter option. If I do go that route and order these grips once the season gets going, if you are interested in some I'd be happy to bulk them into my order and get them all shipped using my Cross Border account. Just shoot me a PM...

According to Lamkin, it's the exact same grip but with less taper. As above, can't get them at GT and can only do so via special order. I wouldn't even bother as any distributor will just mark the cost up.
                            Scotty, had not heard of Cross Border Pickups. Looks interesting. I'd heard of a service in CA that will receive non-USPS packages and forward them to Canada via USPS. I've used CBI in NF, NY before but will definitely consider CBP next time I'm considering a US purchase. Thanks.
                            WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Switched to these and have to say I am very impressed with the feel and tackiness. What's also a bonus is Lamkin is still one of the few companies that offers grips in .580, whereas all the rest have only .600 and takes too much tape to build them up.

Another grip I tried that I REALLY liked was the new Superstroke S-Tech, but again with them being .600 core I had to use too much tape to build up the bottom hand.
                              Hey racmbs - based on what you've said above, is it true that to get the same thickness on 0.600 grips, you'd need more tape than on 0.580 grips? I'm looking at switching to the Pure DTX from Lamkin UTX wrap with 3 wraps under the lower hand (reduced taper). Will I need more wraps to achieve the same taper reduction?
                              In the bag:
                              R15 12° PXV 6.0
                              SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
                              Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
                              Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
                              Vokey SM5 54, 58
                              Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by WDM1980 View Post
                                Hey racmbs - based on what you've said above, is it true that to get the same thickness on 0.600 grips, you'd need more tape than on 0.580 grips? I'm looking at switching to the Pure DTX from Lamkin UTX wrap with 3 wraps under the lower hand (reduced taper). Will I need more wraps to achieve the same taper reduction?
                                .600 grip on .600 butt will be come out standard, .580 grip on .600 butt will come out larger as the material is thicker. I think the formula would be roughly 4 full tapes on a .580 core will come out to about a midsize grip, if memory serves me correctly. So if you plan on adding extra wraps of tape on a .600 butt using a .580 core grip, keep in mind that it's already like having an extra wrap of tape with this method--or for those who prefer measurement, it's +1/64".

Maybe some of the other club guru's on here can chime in as well, just to back up what I'm saying.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X