/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Costco - Clearing out their Golf merch...

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Costco - Clearing out their Golf merch...

Originally posted by multimut View Post
    Don't know if any of you have made the same dumb mistake that I made last year, and almost just repeated today.

When I go to Golf Stores, as a Right Handed golfer, I look for LEFT HAND gloves.

These Costco Callaway Golf Gloves come in a package that has in big bold letters: LEFT-HANDED. But I didn't read carefully because what it says is, "right-hand glove for the LEFT-HANDED GOLFER". But the words "right-handed glove for the" are in smaller black print, while the rest is BOLD, BIGGER, and in COLOUR, and "the word GOLFER is below "LEFT-HANDED".

So last year, I purchased the wrong gloves (I got the RH glove for for the left handed golfer). And just today, I almost made the same mistake again, but my daughter noticed and corrected me.

I'm just so used to looking for the symbol "LH" on golf gloves in golf stores, that I just picked-out the one that had "LEFT-HANDed" in bold, and didn't really pay attention to the rest of the wording.
    Funny stuff, I just bought two packs today and sat there for a couple min reading the package because the "right handed golfer..." is confusing AF.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricelude View Post
      Funny stuff, I just bought two packs today and sat there for a couple min reading the package because the "right handed golfer..." is confusing AF.
      Well hope our experiences serve as a Public Service Annoucement to other golfers buying these from Costco.

The other thing is the outlines of the hands on the back of the package to help you pick the right size are outlines of the left hand, even for the RH golf for the LEFT-HANDED GOLFER. So even though I know my size, I checked the fitting outline on the back anyways, and purchased the handed glove last year, and almost did it again this year. Everything about the package is confusing.

I got to believe it was Costco's idea to label it like this. The only customer I can think of that this would help is someone who knows very little about golf, but wants to buy gloves for a golfer. Any golfer knows which glove he wants to buy (Left, Right, or for some one for each hand). Furthermore (esp in Canada), there are lots of Right-Handed Golfers who golf Left. Just tell use which hand the glove is for and leave it to us to decide which one to buy!

I love Costco, but this is very confusing labelling!
      Last edited by multimut; Mar 19, 2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

They're colour coded.

Red for right handed and blue for the lefties.

Comment

Anyone been to a Costco recently ? and see anything on clearance golf related ?

Comment

Originally posted by tywl View Post
            Anyone been to a Costco recently ? and see anything on clearance golf related ?
            No golf stuff in quite a while at the four near me.

Comment

It's too bad - there are 2 Costcos in the Vaughan area, haven't found anything golf.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X