Collapse

Silver Lakes UnderPar

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Lakes UnderPar

Nice to see more GTA centric courses on underpar again. I haven't played Silver Lakes in years but I remember the aqua range being very cool!

One of my favourites! Hopefully we start seeing a few more offering specials this year.

Comment

I haven't played Silver Lakes in several years myself and they don't have the '24 rates posted but I'm pretty sure it's not $170 as stated in the link. When it was on ScoreGolf's "Breaking 90" list a couple of years back it was $70.

Comment

Originally posted by Smittyman View Post
        I haven't played Silver Lakes in several years myself and they don't have the '24 rates posted but I'm pretty sure it's not $170 as stated in the link. When it was on ScoreGolf's "Breaking 90" list a couple of years back it was $70.
        $170 likely is green fee with a cart plus replay walking green fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
          $170 likely is green fee with a cart plus replay walking green fee.
          Perhaps, but it reads like the rack rate is $170. At the very least it is misleading since the replay is "subject to availability"; Silver Lakes is a pretty busy course so a replay may not always be available. Plus, not everyone wants a replay.
          Last edited by Smittyman; Feb 2, 2024, 08:03 AM.

Comment

underpar always has the replay built into the retail value if it's offered. I never have time for 36 so it's lost on me but they are over $100 w/cart so still some saving without the replay. It's a far cry from what they used to offer pre covid but I'm guessing a lot of the courses are still anticipating a busy 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by virgil905 View Post
              underpar always has the replay built into the retail value if it's offered. I never have time for 36 so it's lost on me but they are over $100 w/cart so still some saving without the replay. It's a far cry from what they used to offer pre covid but I'm guessing a lot of the courses are still anticipating a busy 2024.
              guess they are anticipating another banner year as for fun I checked into some of low tier courses in the Hamilton area most are full and they want between 3100 and 3300 for a 5 day with a cart
              Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
              23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
              6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
              52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
              Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Unfortunately not a deal unless you do 36. Restrictions make it pretty weak imo. Typical weekday rate was around 70, a bit higher for primetime weekends. I don’t ever remember paying over $100 in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan67 View Post
                  Unfortunately not a deal unless you do 36. Restrictions make it pretty weak imo. Typical weekday rate was around 70, a bit higher for primetime weekends. I don’t ever remember paying over $100 in the last few years.
                  Last year's rates were $109 weekend and $99 weekday and they are likely goin up a few bucks again for 2024. oh how i miss the days of $70 cart included rounds but i don't recall seeing anything that low here in the past 4-5 years.

Comment

Really? Wow that’s steep. I stand corrected. Don’t think I played weekends there last year but for sure did the year prior and recall it being sub 100. With COL insane I’m wondering when the inevitable golf pullback comes (might be wishful thinking).

Comment

Is Silver Lakes worth driving from Toronto from to play? GTA AM Tour just announced an event there, but I've mainly signed up for the private course events, or top tier public courses - if it's just a decent public course, I might skip and play it with friends at some point later.

Comment

Originally posted by hbomb View Post
                        Is Silver Lakes worth driving from Toronto from to play? GTA AM Tour just announced an event there, but I've mainly signed up for the private course events, or top tier public courses - if it's just a decent public course, I might skip and play it with friends at some point later.
                        It's a good course. Mostly tree lined, decent mix of holes, challenging but not punishingly so and usually in very good condition. In can be wet in the Spring , although we haven't had much snow this year so that should be better. Bugs can be a problem in May/June but won't be an issue in August when the event is held.

definitely worth playing. Maybe give it a test drive to decide if you enter the GTA Am event.

It's about 15- 20 minutes further from DT than say Cardinal
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

definitely worth playing. Maybe give it a test drive to decide if you enter the GTA Am event.
                          Thanks - it's two days before the Cedar Brae event, which I'm still hoping to grab a spot for, so also not sure if I want to play twice that week, butw we'll see - thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Haven't played it myself but a friend enjoyed it and recommends packing a Mosquito repellent.
                            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X