Collapse

Need Your Opinion

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Your Opinion

You aren’t joining the Golf 4 Cash Events Tour because…
    A: you don’t know we exist
    B: you think it’s a sandbaggers’ convention
    C: you feel that amateurs can’t compete on our tour
    D: you have a handicap that doesn’t qualify
    E: you aren’t sure if we’re reputable
    F: it’s too expensive or you’re already on a tour
    you don't know we exist.
    29.82%
    you think it's a sandbaggers convention.
    24.56%
    you think amateurs can't compete on this tour.
    5.26%
    your handicap doesn't qualify.
    7.02%
    you aren't sure if we're reputable.
    15.79%
    it's too expensive or you're already on a tour.
    17.54%
    Mark and Karen

sigpic

Need Your Opinion

Mark & Karen,

Your events look to be a great opportunity but my schedule doesn't jive with yours.
    It's just that simple.
    Maybe next year !
    Swing slow, walk fast

Comment

Re: Need Your Opinion

Originally posted by tomahawktim View Post
      Mark & Karen,

Your events look to be a great opportunity but my schedule doesn't jive with yours.
      It's just that simple.
      Maybe next year !
      DARN!

Next year it is!
      Mark and Karen

sigpic

Comment

Week day events aren't ever going to fit my schedule as I'm just a working class bum.

I don't have enough rounds in to establish a handicap as I've just played my 5th round today.
        Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Originally posted by WILL View Post
          Week day events aren't ever going to fit my schedule as I'm just a working class bum.

I don't have enough rounds in to establish a handicap as I've just played my 5th round today.

Although the 'deal' is off, you can still join for only $79.00 being a Golf Nuts member.

We have more weekend events than weekday, and if you talk to our golf director, you can still get a verified handicap.

Mark and Karen

sigpic

Comment

Just a random thought....if I joined the tour as an amatuer, and by some miracle I won first place....I had some bills that really needed to be paid so I took the cash. Now, I'm a 'professional', does that mean now that my handicap is no good for the rest of the season? So in essence, I would be playing to a scratch while the other ams still get their 10 handicap or whatever?
            "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Why would you no longer have a hdcp just b/c you're deemed "professional" for having received prize money ?

I could see you having to play off of scratch in professional tournaments but thats not what is being run here.
              Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Professionals do not compete with handicaps, its heads up.....hence my question. If my status changed, does my method of scoring (ie: no adjustments) as well.

Further to that, is this an Am. Tour, or a Pro Tour? If its an Am Tour (which I believe it is) as soon as you take the money you aren't allowed to compete in Am Tournaments anymore ( http://www.rcga.org/innerpage.aspx?x...k8AMaNsbtjL4ds )...if its a Pro Tour...nobody should be using handicaps. See my confusion? (if you take the cash over $1,000 that is)
                Last edited by Samick; Jul 5, 2010, 09:44 PM.
                "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Samick View Post
                  Professionals do not compete with handicaps, its heads up.....hence my question. If my status changed, does my method of scoring (ie: no adjustments) as well.

Further to that, is this an Am. Tour, or a Pro Tour? If its an Am Tour (which I believe it is) as soon as you take the money you aren't allowed to compete in Am Tournaments anymore ( http://www.rcga.org/innerpage.aspx?x...k8AMaNsbtjL4ds )...if its a Pro Tour...nobody should be using handicaps. See my confusion? (if you take the cash over $1,000 that is)
                  We are termed a public players tour. Not an AM and not a pro tour.

We're the in-between.

If you want to keep your amateur status, you CANNOT accept cash. If that isn't particularly important to you, you can take the cash...or gift certificate.

It's purely choice...however, there is no option if you want to play amateur events in the future. You must take the gift certificate.
                  Mark and Karen

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WILL View Post
                    Why would you no longer have a hdcp just b/c you're deemed "professional" for having received prize money ?

I could see you having to play off of scratch in professional tournaments but thats not what is being run here.
                    There is a pro that plays and they do have a cap. He at this time is a +2
                    ie he shots 68 , his score is Net 70.
                    This tour is fair and open to ALL. Besides it is good competion and a lot of fun with good guys.

Comment

B and F

A couple of random comments / opinions:
                      Already play on a couple of tours so price was a factor, though $79 is reasonable.
                      Prefer flighted events. Once you are in a flight it is your gross score that counts and handicap strokes are not a factor, everyone is on an even keel. (Your fields are obviously too small for this option at this time).
                      Never shot a score in my career low enough to win in one of your events even with the handicap so not sure if that is because someone always gets lucky and has a career round every tournament or guys sandbag.
                      The money is enticing but for some reason losing my amature status bothers me.

It is 3 of my favourite courses - Legends, Willow,and AG South.
                      GAO Handicap Index should be only way to put in a handicap!! Letting guys earn makeshift handicaps is suspect like on other local tours.

Like mix of weekday and weekend events.

Haven't played on your tour yet but in my opinion the GTA Am tour is to me the bench mark of professionalism, integrety of rules and handicapping, pace of play, high quality events and people from the few events I have played with them.
                      Wish you lots of success and maybe see you out there sometime!
                      Killer21
                      M2 Oban Devotion 6S
                      Adams XTD 3, 5 wood Matrix Red Tie 7S
                      Adams Pro 20* Hybrid Aldila Tour Red R
                      Adams Pro DHY 24* Hybrid Aldila Tour Blue R
                      Adams XTD Irons KBS C-Taper Lite R
                      Titeleist SM4 Vokey 54*
                      Titleist SM5 5Vokey 58* W DG Spinner
                      Macgregor Bobby Grace 6.4 K Putter
                      Bridgestone RXS

Comment

Originally posted by Killer21 View Post
                        B and F

...Never shot a score in my career low enough to win in one of your events even with the handicap so not sure if that is because someone always gets lucky and has a career round every tournament or guys sandbag.

GAO Handicap Index should be only way to put in a handicap!! Letting guys earn makeshift handicaps is suspect like on other local tours.

Like mix of weekday and weekend events.

Haven't played on your tour yet but in my opinion the GTA Am tour is to me the bench mark of professionalism, integrety of rules and handicapping, pace of play, high quality events and people from the few events I have played with them.
                        Thanks for giving us your opinions...they do count!

In explanation, some of our winners have had great rounds, and other winners have had a net +4 and +6! It all depends on the day. It's really hard to sandbag in these tournaments, because they aren't a hit and run sort of event...they have up to date handicaps, which we do check and regulate. Our software is RCGA approved and is peer reviewed for accuracy.

We want our tour to be fun, fair and competitive.

We just have to get the word out!

Thanks again!
                        Mark and Karen

sigpic

Comment

I replied A, I had no idea you guys existed. With that being said I have no interest in playing on a "tour" or really any tournament for that matter when handicp counts. If you can't teir it due to numbers that is unfortunate...But my 72 should alwyas beat your 73!

Comment

Originally posted by par72 View Post
                            I replied A, I had no idea you guys existed. With that being said I have no interest in playing on a "tour" or really any tournament for that matter when handicap counts. If you can't teir it due to numbers that is unfortunate...But my 72 should always beat your 73!
                            Thanks for your info...any idea as to how to get the word to those that may not know about us?

Next year will hopefully be a different story. We plan on having at least 2 flights and perhaps a third. However we can't see playing without handicaps. I personally wouldn't want to go heads up with someone whose handicap is 5-6 stokes higher than mine, within the same flight, and so we don't think it's fair to expect others to do that.

Your 72 always will always beat a 73.
                            Mark and Karen

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killer21 View Post
                              B and F

I meant to mention that you will NEVER lose your amateur status with us.

If you wish to maintain status, we just need a note as a hard copy of your wishes and we comply by providing any winnings in the form of a prize voucher....under the allowable $1,ooo limit, of course.

Mark and Karen

sigpic

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X