No announcement yet.
Collapse

Clublink Corner

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV is a wayyyyyyyyyyy better course than KR, no comparison. Different levels though so not exactly an apples to apples comparison. KR membership may be nicer, no clue about that. I'm a member at SC but I live 20 mins from KR so i'll probably start playing it more. I'm 32, no kids yet but wife is ready, so might be my last golf season without any. I usually play Saturday mornings, often as a single, so give me a shout if you want, always happy to have people to play with. In my experience there aren't a lot of members in their late 20s to early 30s, mostly older people.
    Titleist 915D2 10.5*
    Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
    Titleist 915H 21*
    Titleist AP1 714 4-6
    Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
    Vokey 50* 56* 62*
    Scotty Cameron A.O.P. Newport
    Bridgestone E6

Comment

• King Valley is the better course to play, King's Riding is 100% the better spot for F&B and patio atmosphere (and is still a great course to play). No idea about membership demographic but I've been matched up with 30-40 year olds at both courses.

Comment

• Pretty split on both courses... 100% better spot for F&B is a strong position any specific reason why?

My my fear about KV is a more “prestigous” membership who might not be as accommodating to someone looking to break into the 80s.

Comment

• I don't think you have anything to worry about really. If you have the money and can afford KV, I'd say go for it. And if you can get me on KV on a Saturday morning you will rocket up my list of favorite people.
          Titleist 915D2 10.5*
          Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
          Titleist 915H 21*
          Titleist AP1 714 4-6
          Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
          Vokey 50* 56* 62*
          Bridgestone E6

Comment

• Another thing I would add is if you like to walk as I do, KV is a way better walk. Neither are great, but KR is a terrible course to walk. Main reason I haven't played it in 2 years.
            Titleist 915D2 10.5*
            Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
            Titleist 915H 21*
            Titleist AP1 714 4-6
            Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
            Vokey 50* 56* 62*
            Bridgestone E6

Comment

• Such a good point... can't bring myself to cart too often and that one hole on KR that you have to walk back a 100m or so to the tee block I completely forgot about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shankopotamus View Post
                Another thing I would add is if you like to walk as I do, KV is a way better walk. Neither are great, but KR is a terrible course to walk. Main reason I haven't played it in 2 years.
                I always thought KV was harder walk for me
                KR is one of my fav and play it ofen and walk every time but never once occurred to be difficult where as KV i have struggles before

Also, if u SC member lets hook up and play haha I’m 35 and memer there

Comment

• Sounds good to me. Shoot me a message once the course opens and we'll get out.

Funny you say that because I totally disagree. KR from 6th tee to 9th tee is straight up hill. Then 9 is downhill, 10 is uphill and the walk from 11 green to 12 tee is the worst. After that you come back down hill.

KV has a more rolling-hill kind of property where its up-down-up-down etc. but there's no stretch of holes where you walk straight uphill for a solid 45 minutes. I find it much easier.
                  Titleist 915D2 10.5*
                  Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
                  Titleist 915H 21*
                  Titleist AP1 714 4-6
                  Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
                  Vokey 50* 56* 62*
                  Bridgestone E6

Comment

• 7 at KR is all downhill.

Comment

• Its been a couple of years but the way I remember it the tee shot is downhill and then slightly uphill from fairway to green, then 8 is very uphill. 6 and 8 are not fun walks. Anyway people don't get me wrong, it's certainly doable just not easy.
                      Titleist 915D2 10.5*
                      Yonex E-Zone XP 18*
                      Titleist 915H 21*
                      Titleist AP1 714 4-6
                      Titleist AP2 714 7-PW
                      Vokey 50* 56* 62*
                      Bridgestone E6

Comment

• Originally posted by Shankopotamus View Post
                        Sounds good to me. Shoot me a message once the course opens and we'll get out.

Funny you say that because I totally disagree. KR from 6th tee to 9th tee is straight up hill. Then 9 is downhill, 10 is uphill and the walk from 11 green to 12 tee is the worst. After that you come back down hill.

KV has a more rolling-hill kind of property where its up-down-up-down etc. but there's no stretch of holes where you walk straight uphill for a solid 45 minutes. I find it much easier.

KR 6 up hill, 7 down, 8 up, 9 walk to tee is up but down rest of the way, 10 up, 11 down, and from 11 green to 12 tee is really bad climb.

Also from 17 green to 18 tee is a bit of a climb.
                        But I hate the climb in ST south 18th more than any other, its probably one of hardest climb in the area

Comment

• Originally posted by OJ14 View Post
                          But I hate the climb in ST south 18th more than any other, its probably one of hardest climb in the area
                          And then you have a really hard second shot over a pond to a back to front slopping green. Good luck if it's a red pin too!!

Comment

• L4R442...KR is an easy walk with a motocaddy. Toughest is between 11 and 12.
                            Membership is awesome with a mix of ages. Everyone is friendly and you will feel welcome. Great Men's Night and Saturday mornings we have Ball Toss where you can meet some good guys and have a little friendly wagering. Saturday and Sunday mornings are great and most stick around for a beer and lunch on the patio. Quite often we'll go out for another 18.
                            Shoot me a PM, I am back in town May 1...would love to have you join.. I'd be more than happy to discuss KR.
                            PS...our member guest is amazing unfortunately there is a waiting list. There is also an Arizona trip the boys were just on. Why don't you come out May 2nd for our first Men's Night?
                            Last edited by WhiteWalker; Apr 21, 2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OJ14 View Post
                              I will walk SC south 2x over vs Emerald Valley course 1-2, #4, #5, #6 blah.....

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
                              L4R442...KR is an easy walk with a motocaddy. .................
                              Shoot me a PM, I am back in town May 1...would love to have you join.. I'd be more than happy to discuss KR.
                              PS.... Why don't you come out May 2nd for our first Men's Night?
                              L4R442, this is why I said reach out to WW about KR, even if he is just one example of the membership at KR that you cannot go wrong.. Manny is one of the nicest people you will meet not just here but in general,
                              In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                              Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                              Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                              Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                              Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                              Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                              Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                              --------
                              Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• I've got an extra spot 3:13 SC South if anyone wants to join me this Friday.

Also looking for a game Saturday AM in the east end if anyone is looking.

30s/15 hcp generally pretty tolerable as long as you're not asking my wife.
                                TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
                                TM SLDR 3 wood accra tour z
                                Srixon U65 18* Matrix White Tie
                                Srixon U45 22* Matrix White Tie
                                Apex Pro Combo 5-P UST Recoil 110
                                Vokey SM4 50/54/58
                                Odyssey Toe-Up #1
                                Ball: Round & White Preferably

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews