Collapse

Grip Cleaning - the 'Secret' Method

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grip Cleaning - the 'Secret' Method

I grabbed a bottle of Bleche White at AutoZone in the US a couple of months ago, think I paid about $4.50, tried it on a white Odyssey grip, works great!
    My Weapons of Grass Destruction:
    Titleist TS2 10.5*
    Titleist 917F2 15*
    Titleist 818H1 19*
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-P
    Vokey SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M
    Odyssey Black Series 3
    Round white things with a bunch of dimples and scrapes

Comment

Just got a bottle from canadian tire in whitby for $2.50! Gunna giver a go in a bit see how it works!

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
        I have a white Iomic putter grip and it REALLY cleaned that up
        Picked up a bottle at canadian tire today and gave it a whirl on the Iomic sticky's..by far and away the best method!

Comment

TourIQ,

Many thanks for posting this "secret"....tried it with the "newer" all black Simoniz tire cleaner, my grips feel great almost like new.

Now if you could just post a secret on how to fix my short game...

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
            Just picked up the Simoniz cleaner - going to give this a go

It was on sale for $2.50 a bottle at the North Whitby CT.
            I went to the CTC Kincardine store and it was not on sale
            Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
            Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
            Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Thanks P25 for the heads up on the $2.50 bottles at Whitby North CT. I just happen to be playing Deer Creek Monday and picked up 3 bottles after the game. They have a full rack of this stuff!

Was able to bring old grips from a set of Titlist 990 and Accuform PTM's back to life. OMG the residue from the 990 corded grips turned to dark as night black! This stuff really did a number on the cleaning aspect of the grip. These grips feel like new. The PTM's not so much the first pass. I had to clean them twice in order to get that "tacky" feel. Got them to about 75% living. I believe the grips are original so I was happy they came back at all. Thanks again TOURIQ. This was a terrific "SECRET" reveled!
              Cobra L5V- Nunchuk shaft
              Ping Rapture V2 4W
              Adams Idea Pro 2H
              Accuform PTM
              SC Red X

Comment

TourIQ - thanks for the secret. It has worked WAY better than I expected, and my grips are like new. I had bought a used Cameron putter and the grip was all shiny and slippery. Was gonna put on a new grip but decided to try this. The tackiness is now back, and it's as good as new.

I'm so amazed by this, I shared this secret verbatim on another forum where the question came up.

Thanks, you saved me some dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayneo View Post
                  TourIQ - thanks for the secret. It has worked WAY better than I expected, and my grips are like new. I had bought a used Cameron putter and the grip was all shiny and slippery. Was gonna put on a new grip but decided to try this. The tackiness is now back, and it's as good as new.

I'm so amazed by this, I shared this secret verbatim on another forum where the question came up.

Thanks, you saved me some dough.
                  Your welcome. I may have diminished GT 2-4-1 grip sales come spring. You are right.
                  A lot of money to be saved and a bottle with last probably 20 years

This 'Secret' is so amazing the odd person wants to eat crow but we won't mention any names
                  due to moderation of this forum for potential flaming

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                    Your welcome. I may have diminished GT 2-4-1 grip sales come spring. You are right.
                    A lot of money to be saved and a bottle with last probably 20 years

This 'Secret' is so amazing the odd person wants to eat crow but we won't mention any names
                    due to moderation of this forum for potential flaming
                    I cleaned my white Iomic's tonight, they came out pretty good, bought the bottle at CT, just didn't get it for $2.50 like Pauly did
                    Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
                    Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
                    Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
                    Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
                    Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
                    Pro V1x Left Dash
                    Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
                    Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
                      I cleaned my white Iomic's tonight, they came out pretty good, bought the bottle at CT, just didn't get it for $2.50 like Pauly did
                      I didn't find the big discount either

Comment

Bump for awesome tip. Just tried it with my ping and golf pride grips and they're tacky like new!

Only club that did not benefit was my ping putter. It's cleaner, but the grip is still slippery. Might be time for a regrip.

Comment

I'm going to use gasoline - eats grease and melts rubber-based products to get that tacky feel . I'll check out my local Partsource place to see if they have the "secret stuff".
                          Stephen

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 9.5 with Aldila RIP Gamma 60
                          3/5/Rescue Woods: TaylorMade R7
                          Irons: Titleist 716 AP2's Dynamic Gold S300 shafts
                          Wedges: Cleveland 52; PING 56; Titleist Vokay SM4 - 60-7 degree
                          Putter: Ping

Comment

Originally posted by Thimble View Post
                            Only club that did not benefit was my ping putter. It's cleaner, but the grip is still slippery. Might be time for a regrip.
                            I only found one grip that really needed multiple cleanings and it was a brute. A SC Newport TeI3 with 15 year old SC cord grip.
                            I washed that su*ker with the 'Secret' Method sauce about a dozen times then it finally came clean and renewed.

Comment

I was in CT this morning and picked up a bottle after remembering this thread.

So far have the grips of 2 wedges and the driver cleaned. It works wonder. Thanks for the tips.

The manufacturer should rebottle the same thing and sell them at golf shops for double or triple the price.

Comment

The manufacturer should rebottle with something that dosen't leak. Went to Can tire and most of bottles leaking. Found a good one. Worked well. Next day all leaked out bottom and took finish off my work bench
                                Callaway BB Fusion
                                Ping K15 3 wood
                                Ping K15 3,4 Hybrids
                                Titleist 714 AP1 4-PW PXi
                                Trusty Rusty 55deg.
                                Scotty Cameron Golo 3
                                Callaway Supersoft

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard