Collapse

Bond Head, North or South Course?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bond Head, North or South Course?

Sorry if this duplicates a previous thread (or threads). Going to play Bond Head with some friends who have never played there. I played previously but years ago and primarily in 'tournaments' so often scramble or best ball and therefore really have only a 'fuzzy' remembrance of which course I preferred.

So which is the preferred course to play and why?

Thanks.

I like the South course, it has a linksy feel to it. The North course has a couple of gimmicky holes IMO.

Comment

I like both.

North is definitely "different" with a lot of elevation change giving some very blind shots and hitting into hills. A bit quirky, but fun.

South is much more normal, and a very nice course IMO. It would be the safe choice, by quite a margin.
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

Definitely depends on the skill level of your group.

I am inconsistent with the driver.

The north has a lot of long carries and elevation changes. If you are having an off day with the driver, I would say that your round will go from "a fun time with my buddies" to "miserable and get me off the course asap" really fast. That being said, its scenic so if your into that, its a plus.

I like the south course because for me personally, its "easier". The greens are tough as usual but i found the south a lot less discouraging than the north.

Comment

South, but I prefer North
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

For first timers, South is a better choice. North has some long carries and elevation changes, which some people find extreme. Personally, I like them equally.

Comment

South when windy,north when not.

Comment

i fin the greens on the south very tricky. last time i was out i think i had 42 putts

Comment

I'm playing the South on Friday.

South. North is a course with a view, but not golf IMO. When you are teeing off to an uphill, to have 3 different elevation changes and if you miss, it's rolling right down, that's not golf to me. South is more traditional and a beautiful course at that. Great rates on GolfNow as well.

Comment

Originally posted by prestacrusti View Post

South. North is a course with a view, but not golf IMO. When you are teeing off to an uphill, to have 3 different elevation changes and if you miss, it's rolling right down, that's not golf to me. South is more traditional and a beautiful course at that. Great rates on GolfNow as well.
                    This is perfect explanation.

Comment

Played the north course once. Thought it was like a golf course on steroids. Everything was just too pumped up.

Interesting once. Best if you have someone along who has played before.

Would not be interested in a long term membership for that particular course.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

South - all day long

Comment

Originally posted by prestacrusti View Post

Instantly knew which hole you were talking about when i read this. Then i went back and looked at my photos from the course and remembered that there are a whole bunch of them like this

Comment

Originally posted by ifigetaholdofit View Post

Instantly knew which hole you were talking about when i read this. Then i went back and looked at my photos from the course and remembered that there are a whole bunch of them like this
                            Haha. Exactly! You almost need to chip onto each tier.....

Comment

I like them both, they are very different and appeal in different ways.

For first timers, South is probably the way to go. There are some holes on that course with significant elevation change as well, giving you a taste of what the North has to offer.
                              10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                              16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                              20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                              4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                              Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays