​
    Tarandowah Golf Course

Facebook: @TarandowahGolf
    Instagram: @Tarandowah
    Twitter: @Tarandowah
    iOS App Store: Tarandowah iPhone App
    Android Play Store: Tarandowah Golfers Club

Comment

• ^^^ a recent post was asking about a yardage book, and looks like the owner just had one done. I don't think that's direct over-promotion for a "non-official" sponsor. I think he has done a good job about answering questions about his course, without be too advertorial.
      Last edited by ARL67; Jun 20, 2023, 07:47 AM.
      🍍 2023 WITB πŸβ€‹
      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
      Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
      Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S​
      Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      ​
      Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip​
      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

• Played on the weekend and it seems as if the rain this summer has softened things up significantly (There were a number of marks on the front of greens from improperly repaired ball marks, which is uncharacteristic.) Other than that the course is in excellent shape. The wet summer means that even though they have cut the rough down it's still nasty and a hazard so bring lots of balls or make sure you hit the fairway.

RAyyash is it possible to look into getting some divot mix bottles for members and keen guests. Would love to be able to clean up divots while enjoying the stroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rathmore View Post
          Played on the weekend and it seems as if the rain this summer has softened things up significantly (There were a number of marks on the front of greens from improperly repaired ball marks, which is uncharacteristic.) Other than that the course is in excellent shape. The wet summer means that even though they have cut the rough down it's still nasty and a hazard so bring lots of balls or make sure you hit the fairway.

RAyyash is it possible to look into getting some divot mix bottles for members and keen guests. Would love to be able to clean up divots while enjoying the stroll.
          I’ve been repairing as many as I can when I play. We were talking the other day and we can’t remember exactly when but somewhere around May 24 weekend was the last time we had hard fast dry conditions out there. The place has been pretty lush since then.
          Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
          Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
          Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
          Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
          Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
          Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Tarandowah has a Special Day on June 1, it is billed as 12 Hours at Tarandowah, I have always wanted to play this course, but it is a 2 hour drive. Don't comment on the logistics of the whole thing that day, I have that covered.

My question is it really worth the time to play here, not looking for Lebovic or Magna conditions just looking to play what is billed as a links course and something different than the typical courses we get in the York-Barrie area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Over Par View Post
              Tarandowah has a Special Day on June 1, it is billed as 12 Hours at Tarandowah, I have always wanted to play this course, but it is a 2 hour drive. Don't comment on the logistics of the whole thing that day, I have that covered.

My question is it really worth the time to play here, not looking for Lebovic or Magna conditions just looking to play what is billed as a links course and something different than the typical courses we get in the York-Barrie area.
              Certainly something different, and certainly worth playing. Does it really live up to the hype? I don't know if I'd really rank it as high as others have, but what do I know. I don't regret the 5 hour round trip, but also in no rush to go back.

Would it want to play it 3-4 times back to back in one day? No - but I would struggle to think of a course I would.

Comment

• It's a 2 hour drive each way for me, and I try to get there about once a year.

IMO it's a fun and different golf experience, and worth it.

If was closer I'd definitely play it more.
                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Over Par View Post
                  Tarandowah has a Special Day on June 1, it is billed as 12 Hours at Tarandowah, I have always wanted to play this course, but it is a 2 hour drive. Don't comment on the logistics of the whole thing that day, I have that covered.

I played it twice so nowhere near as much as many here. Maybe not a popular opininon but to me it was "over bunkered", greens had more undulation than I think they should/could and too green/lush to play links like. Maybe the weather dictated conditions when I was there.

None the less I think it's a fun course to play and probably will again but not bucket list stuff if it's a long trip to get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

I played it twice so nowhere near as much as many here. Maybe not a popular opininon but to me it was "over bunkered", greens had more undulation than I think they should/could and too green/lush to play links like. Maybe the weather dictated conditions when I was there.

None the less I think it's a fun course to play and probably will again but not bucket list stuff if it's a long trip to get there.
                    Weather dictates conditions. Last year being a member the true links feel came late April for a couple weeks and in the fall for maybe a month or a little more. Firm fast harder fairways and greens. We had a lot of heavy rains last year that came at the wrong times. The course was on the verge of drying out and getting back to β€œlinks” conditions and down came the rain. The summer before last it was hard and fast for the majority of the summer.

Most years we play the year with a west southwest wind through out the year but last year it seemed like a lot of east winds throughout the year.

The greens right now are almost mid season form with small ball marks considering the rain. The rest of the course is wet.
                    Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                    Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                    Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                    Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                    Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                    Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                    Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                      It's a 2 hour drive each way for me, and I try to get there about once a year.

IMO it's a fun and different golf experience, and worth it.

If was closer I'd definitely play it more.
                      Similar boat - you said exactly what I’d say. I’m a bit closer though at 1hr 40 mins each way

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X