Collapse

Membership at TPC Toronto/Osprey

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cgarn View Post
    I would jump at this in a heartbeat but living downtown Toronto doesn't help.
    I live in downtown Toronto (Queens Quay), so I am accustomed to the trip.

It's worth the drive to Alton...

Comment

Originally posted by cgarn View Post
      I would jump at this in a heartbeat but living downtown Toronto doesn't help.
      Same here. Heathlands is one of my top 5 public courses in Ontario.....

unfortunately, OV is an hour drive each way and that just makes it impractical and an illogical destination to play regularly......and why I only play their once every couple seasons. My course where I play 90% of the time is only 6 minutes away and the course I play second most 20.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by <<BSD>> View Post
        Hi G,
        I’ve been a member since they began to offer memberships. I’ll give you my honest opinion though take it with the full disclosure that I’m bias considering I’m a member.

So I won’t get into the courses and price considering you already mentioned they are great. And that’s an understatement as the courses are outstanding!!!
        Now the membership experience the way I would describe it is that it’s in the infancy stages. We are trying to rally more member events, etc, but for now it’s very minimal due to the current priorities the club is trying to address (club house, tournaments, TPC regulations, etc) that I assume they are working on. That said, I’m there for the golf and that is tremendous. I’ve met wonderful people while playing there and some of them and I have actually become very close friends outside the course. Camaraderie is very good and I find the vast majority of members are pure golfers and love the game.

So if you are looking for great members events and socializing it might not be for you. It’s not fully mature yet tho they are improving and continue to work on that. Now If you want an amazing golfing experience with no nonsense and no stuffiness or pretentious members, then you’ll love it.

cheers,
        Hi BSD,

Thank you for your response! We did end up buying a house in Orangeville but I have been told all the memberships at TPCT are sold out for the season, so I will have to wait until next year unless something opens up but for now, happy to just pay and play. no nonsense.no stuffiness or pretentious members, just amazing golf sounds like my kind of place. Ill definitely act fast when the 2021 membership become available.

Thanks!
        G

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

I am confident that you will find some regular guys to play with if you want. The staff are very good at letting you know about other members. I play as a single mid-week a lot and whenever I check in they'll say things like "you're off on Heathlands at 8:30 as a single/with a few public guys but John Smith is playing at 8:40 on Hoot if you'd like to join him." They're also pretty knowledgeable about members' habits (carting vs walking, PoP etc), openness to company, and playing ability.

Hit me up for a round if you end up joining.
          Will

WRT to distance, the location is a funny one. If you're straight north or a little East in the GTA, it can take a lot longer to get to the course than if you're West or even right downtown. It takes me about an hour from my place downtown because I'm right off the Gardiner and can take 400 series highways (with very little 401) all the way to #10, which usually averages close to 100 anyway with very few lights. As soon as you have to traverse the top of the city or cross E/W on #9, the drive becomes a lot more painful.

Most of the members I have played with are "local" ie within 20 mins of the course but there are a number from Burlington/Oakville and a few other Toronto guys like myself (we have a country place 5 mins down the road so I would call myself a hybrid ).
          Hi Ace in the hazard,

Thanks for the response! Great to know the staff are good at putting members together or making introductions. We did end up buying in Orangeville but I have been told TPC memberships are sold out for 2020 so we will have to just pay and play, but I will probably still be there a few times a week as its so close.

I'd definitely still be down for a game though - I'm a single-digit handicap, play fast, not a beginner who will take all day!

Thanks,
          G

Comment

Sorry for bringing up an old topic but, I've been looking into getting a membership at TPC OV for 2022 since they are sold out for 2021 and was wondering if they have a minimum amount to spend at the pro shop or clubhouse every month/season like some other clubs On top of the membership fee.
            I've played there several times but havent been in a couple years and absolutely love it there. My wife got me a gift certificate for $150 for christmas to use there this season.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Taylordre View Post
              Sorry for bringing up an old topic but, I've been looking into getting a membership at TPC OV for 2022 since they are sold out for 2021 and was wondering if they have a minimum amount to spend at the pro shop or clubhouse every month/season like some other clubs On top of the membership fee.
              I've played there several times but havent been in a couple years and absolutely love it there. My wife got me a gift certificate for $150 for christmas to use there this season.

Cheers
              For 2021, there are no minimums for the pro-shop or for food & beverage. I don't see that policy changing until the members have accounts to book their on-site charges.

FYI, in 2021, members are limited to one round per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

For 2021, there are no minimums for the pro-shop or for food & beverage. I don't see that policy changing until the members have accounts to book their on-site charges.

FYI, in 2021, members are limited to one round per day.
                Ya, I noticed that. It's not a big deal for me. I live in Orangeville so it's not much of a drive for me if I want to play.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Taylordre View Post

Ya, I noticed that. It's not a big deal for me. I live in Orangeville so it's not much of a drive for me if I want to play.

Thanks for the reply!
                  Not a problem for me, either. I live in Orillia...

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post
                    TPC TORONTO MEMBERSHIP

Full Play: (Monday-Sunday)
                    • $4,000 plus HST

Associate Play (Monday- Friday):
                    • $3,000 plus HST
                    Prices for 2021 Season have been raised to;
                    • $4,750 plus HST

• $3,500 plus HST
                    With a limit of one round per day.
                    In The Bag

Driver: Ben Hogan
                    Woods: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 3 & 5
                    Irons: Callaway Big Bertha X-14 Graphite RCH99 Strong Flex
                    Putter: Odyssey DualForce 660
                    Bag: Nike
                    Ball: Wilson Staff PX3

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianPilot View Post

Prices for 2021 Season have been raised to;
                      • $4,750 plus HST

• $3,500 plus HST
                      With a limit of one round per day.
                      about a 17% increase which is less than the 30% + that several courses increased theirs buy. Royal Ashburn went up %35 iirc. Others have eliminated memberships altogether.

Some have also put limits on number of rounds

Even with the increase in price and 1 round a day, if you play 4-5x a week it still represents a great value.

Benz

is this for existing members too or are they grandfathered ?

Comment

Quick search of (somewhat) nearby annual options for monetary comparison.

Caledon - $3,390 capped at 100 memberships and before March 1.

Kaneff - only 20 packs under Membership tab. Lionhead is $1800 for 20 anytime passes (search for Kaneff threads but nothing says for sure if they sold out or opted for a year without unlimited memberships).

Hockley - $2,750 full and $2,450 weekly.

None of these compare to Osprey I know, before the plethora of reasons take this thread off course. Reading the 2021 price increase (which makes sense to me) had me curious what cost was at some other places.

Comment

Really Good deal for Hockley but its a tough walk so most have to consider a cart fee each time they play. Not sure if they have a cart membership too ,otherwise a minimum $2000 more if you play 100x

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

about a 17% increase which is less than the 30% + that several courses increased theirs buy. Royal Ashburn went up %35 iirc. Others have eliminated memberships altogether.

Some have also put limits on number of rounds

Even with the increase in price and 1 round a day, if you play 4-5x a week it still represents a great value.

Benz

is this for existing members too or are they grandfathered ?
                            The new rates and restrictions apply to all members.
                            Given that they have (apparently) capped membership at 200, I doubt that there will be any new members in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                              Really Good deal for Hockley but its a tough walk so most have to consider a cart fee each time they play. Not sure if they have a cart membership too ,otherwise a minimum $2000 more if you play 100x
                              When I played at Hockley (not for a while, thank god) I was always told it was cart mandatory.
                              What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                              TM Rescue 17*
                              TM M2 4-AW
                              TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                              Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by tniloc View Post
                                Quick search of (somewhat) nearby annual options for monetary comparison.

Caledon - $3,390 capped at 100 memberships and before March 1.

Kaneff - only 20 packs under Membership tab. Lionhead is $1800 for 20 anytime passes (search for Kaneff threads but nothing says for sure if they sold out or opted for a year without unlimited memberships).

Hockley - $2,750 full and $2,450 weekly.

None of these compare to Osprey I know, before the plethora of reasons take this thread off course. Reading the 2021 price increase (which makes sense to me) had me curious what cost was at some other places.
                                In the same spirit, and as Osprey is reportedly full: further comparison is Woodington Lakes, which on the website gets you 2 courses for $3699 full and $2899 weekday (power cart membership a further $1000) all plus applicable taxes. Includes Legend and Legacy courses, short range, lockers and club storage.

_______
                                NQRfPT

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X